ADVERTISEMENT

UKBasketballlive shut down

No but it was the best archive easily accessible online for older UK games.

Right but some people are acting as if they can no longer watch the games streamed. It's there, easy to find.

Is there no way to archive all of th older games? That doesn't sound right, but in this world maybe it does.

I wonder if Mitch owns my old VHS tape collection of games.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
It's a crying damn shame what happened with UK Basketball Live, it really is. I understand the deal with copyright protections and what not but the layout, design and cataloging that went in to its development was beautiful. Stupid that the powers that be didn't just try and buy to use it themselves.

Several years ago I used a website called the NCAA vault or something like that to watch full length games; while it was nowhere near as in depth with regards to Kentucky basketball, it still had tournament games dating back decades. I tried looking for it again but wasn't able to find much.

I think the NCAA took it and rolled it in to their new Youtube channel NCAA On Demand. The link below has a number of full length NCAA tourney games and gives you the ability to search by team. It aint UK bball live but it's still something.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/search?query=kentucky

Last edited:
Only on YouTube during the NCAA Tournament. Other games it's worked for me during storms this year since the shut down of UK Basketballlive because it's a different web address. You can embed more than just YouTube live streaming on Wix sites. I've played around with this stuff a lot before.
Yea.. Regular season.. Which is useless now..

Yea.. Regular season.. Which is useless now..
Don't forget Post Season Conference Tournament games.. It's not useless for those who did not know the site was still around and want to enjoy it next season.. I was simply telling people unaware that the site is not shut down for those who thought otherwise.. The NCAA does not allow YouTube streaming but that does not mean other streaming sites can't be embedded.. Maybe this post wasn't for you, just simply move along and ignore it but I posted the link for those who were not in the know because there are many here who thought it all got shut down, wasn't the case..

Last edited:
Reactions: jojohn
Don't forget Post Season Conference Tournament games.. It's not useless for those who did not know the site was still around and want to enjoy it next season.. I was simply telling people unaware that the site is not shut down for those who thought otherwise.. The NCAA does not allow YouTube streaming but that does not mean other streaming sites can't be embedded.. Maybe this post wasn't for you, just simply move along and ignore it but I posted the link for those who were not in the know because there are many here who thought it all got shut down, wasn't the case..
Nope.. Was only about NCAA games was talking about.. Had to steal someone's dish login to watch now..

Nope.. Was only about NCAA games was talking about.. Had to steal someone's dish login to watch now..
I've used this site for sports in general several years now called p2p4u.net but you need a damn good pop up blocker. I don't recommend it to anyone who don't want to deal with it but it's had games for years.

Just now seeing this. This sucks. I never used it to stream live, just to watch some games I missed that I really wanted to see since I don't have a DVR. The classic games were neat too. I really just don't remember much of anything before the late Tubby era, and I didn't get into sports until the early Tubby era.

Yeah I dont no why they shut it down....On my fire tv there is an app that Id say millions of people use and you can watch about any movie or tv show on....But they go after a little basketball site..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT