ADVERTISEMENT

UKBasketballlive shut down

A while back I downloaded a bunch of past games I wanted to save, figuring this wouldn't last forever. Wish I'd gotten Monk's UNC game last year.

It's lame he could find a deal to put up games at least not from the current season, it's not like there's an easy way to watch those even if you are subscribed to every channel known to man

Games should be archived for people to see whether they copyright holder wants to go to the efforts of doing it or not. Fans of all teams would love to go back and watch replay games. Copyright holders could at the least charge a nominal fee and make money off it if they are so ass hurt off other people uploading the games and don't go to the effort themselves to do so.

Reactions: preacherfan
Site at Funchester is still showing a stream for
tonights game. So I assume (hope) the demise of UKBasketballive doesn't affect streaming...at least not yet.

Will do everything I can to keep the dream alive! Going to be tough though, just remain patient....Such a shame they shut it down. wouldn't shock me if UK is already working on a site similar to what Billionth had and shutting down his site to start it up.

Heard Matt Jones ratted them out.

Imo Matt jones is a duke shill. He went to duke and professes love for UK. Likely he is an agent for ratface and fat boy. He’s their inside man. Even with Lexington market we have a friggin dookie for an analyst/entertainer??? I mean dooks reach goes beyond espn right into our own back yard?? Time to replace him with a true UK fan not a sell out who would do his grad work at a hated institution. Jokes on us boys!

Wow! My Directv decided to stop r3cording with 2 minutes left in the Missouri game... I've been waiting to finish it. . Guess that ain't happening. Sucks.
You would voluntarily watch any portion of that game again?

Imo Matt jones is a duke shill. He went to duke and professes love for UK. Likely he is an agent for ratface and fat boy. He’s their inside man. Even with Lexington market we have a friggin dookie for an analyst/entertainer??? I mean dooks reach goes beyond espn right into our own back yard?? Time to replace him with a true UK fan not a sell out who would do his grad work at a hated institution. Jokes on us boys!
I'm assuming this was sarcasm.

Otherwise that is some impressive University-6 level paranoia.

Damn....All I have to say now is...........................................................................................................................................................................................................They called him Bill...........................................................................................

I'm assuming this was sarcasm.

Otherwise that is some impressive University-6 level paranoia.

Some of both. With dook owning the cbb airways whether it’s Seth Davis or jay bilas and everyone in between its very suspect and almost a desecration to our program to have a Dookie as the premier talking head. Matt jones is all about Matt jones and who knows what he really thinks. All I know is he gets lots of satisfaction screwing with uk fans

Some of both. With dook owning the cbb airways whether it’s Seth Davis or jay bilas and everyone in between its very suspect and almost a desecration to our program to have a Dookie as the premier talking head. Matt jones is all about Matt jones and who knows what he really thinks. All I know is he gets lots of satisfaction screwing with uk fans
Well, all I can say is if I had the option of a free law school education at Duke or Kentucky, I would pick Duke every single time. That's not something a rational person would even question.

I agree with you to a large degree about Jones to some degree. I find his show incredibly entertaining. I don't even mind his constant forays into political discussions. However, as a democrat he certainly doesn't want to discuss his opinion on social issues in order to appear more moderate, even though I have to believe he would have a voting record that is in no way distinguishable from Elizabeth Warren's

Games should be archived for people to see whether they copyright holder wants to go to the efforts of doing it or not. Fans of all teams would love to go back and watch replay games. Copyright holders could at the least charge a nominal fee and make money off it if they are so ass hurt off other people uploading the games and don't go to the effort themselves to do so.
How much money would UK/CBS/ESPN make off UK fans if they charged $1 to download any past UK game or charged a monthly membership to stream unlimited? Basically Netflix for UK fans.

Would Dallas Cowboy fans or Steeler fans or (insert most fanatical fan base name) pay for this kind of service?

When you enter the site, it says

"This site has been shut down.
The copyright holders told us that we must stop, so we are complying.

Thank you to everyone that has supported us."

Although, this news makes me:
tumblr_nwl8vf1X4Q1sg2zhgo3_500.gif

I also feel this for those that made the site possible:
tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

Salute:
giphy.gif

Reactions: KYExtemper and UK90
I will never understand why its so hard to rewatch games. It's free advertising. If he's not monetizing it why even bother making him shut it down?

Heck, I just wanted to watch the games he streamed.

Well, I'm crushed.

This is how I watched. I cut the cord 4 years ago. I work a lot of nights. I would watch his replay when I got home from a 10 hour day. Glad some millionaire or billionaire dickbags took away my joy over GD pennies.

F ESPN, F the SEC and their stupid copyright manager, F UK, F xmwhateverdigitalmedia. I hate them all and will do everything in my power to pirate as much of their shit as possible out of pure, malicious spite.

Reactions: morgousky
Will do everything I can to keep the dream alive! Going to be tough though, just remain patient....Such a shame they shut it down. wouldn't shock me if UK is already working on a site similar to what Billionth had and shutting down his site to start it up.

Ole B&B are the same...

I will never understand why its so hard to rewatch games. It's free advertising. If he's not monetizing it why even bother making him shut it down?

Exactly. there is no other avenue to watch these games available so nobody is losing out. Yet, those who own the rights don't want anyone ever to see many of those games again. We weren't being charged for watching. It was all freewill donations. Sad and pathetic that someone got upset over it.

wouldn't shock me if UK is already working on a site similar to what Billionth had and shutting down his site to start it up.

I honestly don't believe they will ever do that. This is nothing more than a spoiled brat taking HIS toy away from the other kid who is playing with it so he can throw it down and walk away.

Hey Billionth are you figuring out a way to bring back those videos?
Be patient. A fix isn't going to come overnight if at all when these Copyright Gods are involved. Especially with a bombshell like that. About a decade ago, I used to upload UK Basketball/Football highlights to accounts on YouTube and dealt with this frustration before to the point I grew tired of the headaches. KSR used to link my videos and drove views up which brought attention, good and bad to my accounts. The bad being the copyright holders noticing my videos. BWO already said they are going to fight to keep the dream alive if possible.

Last edited:
Surprised it lasted that long, but I appreciate what Billionth was able to do! Thank you for this wonderful site!

I would guess Barney is behind this. I mean, he did copyright the word Kentucky.

any update on this? i get nostalgic during tournament time especially waiting until Damn thursday to play.

People this was not the only site to watch the streamed games.

It's 2018, look.

It is sad when you think about it. None of the copyright holders lost any money because of that site. I have to think it is just an evil heart that makes people do some things and in this case one of these days punishment will happen.

It shows as up but click on it at gametime.. Says something about NCAA and no no..
Only on YouTube during the NCAA Tournament. Other games it's worked for me during storms this year since the shut down of UK Basketballlive because it's a different web address. You can embed more than just YouTube live streaming on Wix sites. I've played around with this stuff a lot before.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT