ADVERTISEMENT

UK up to #29 in Kenpom

Texas AM wins at AP#15 Auburn big yet UK drops a few spots in KP despite the fact we beat the Aggies.
Yet, our Offensive Efficiency jumped to #19.
Weird.

Prob just to do with how other teams around us in the rankings did. No biggie tho. Just keep winning and do it in convincing fashion and well move up in every ranking.

It furthers drives home the point tho that there's no really a large difference between say team 25 and team 30.

But that just speaks to the fact that our defense is still a problem lol.

In conference games, among SEC teams UK has the 5th best offense. Not great but considering the first few games we were poor, it's not terrible.

UK is still 10th in defensive efficiency in SEC games among SEC teams.

That is just not going to cut it.

But that just speaks to the fact that our defense is still a problem lol.

In conference games, among SEC teams UK has the 5th best offense. Not great but considering the first few games we were poor, it's not terrible.

UK is still 10th in defensive efficiency in SEC games among SEC teams.

That is just not going to cut it.
Oh really? You got a crystal bowl hiding somwhere?
This team started the SEC 1-3 and have since improved to 5-3. Ill do the math, thats 4 straight SEC wins including the best win in the SEC at then #5 now #4 UT.
This is no longer the team that started 1-3 in the SEC we are the team that’s 4-0 over the last 4. We are winning v great and good teams (UT/Texas AM) we are winning on the road (at UT and at Vandy). We are covering every single spread during this win streak.

This team has improved leaps and bounds since 1-3 in the SEC. Those days are over as are playing 3 top 10 teams on the road (at Zags, at Bama and at UT).

Buckle up because the Benny Five takes no jive!!!

Last edited:
Oh really? You got a crystal bowl hiding somwhere?
This team started the SEC 1-3 and have since improved to 5-3. Ill do the math, thats 4 straight SEC wins including the best win in the SEC at then #5 now #4 UT.
This is no longer the team that started 1-3 in the SEC we are the team that’s 4-0 over the last 4. We are winning v great and good teams (UT/Texas AM) we are winning on the road (at UT and at Vandy). We are covering every single spread during this win streak.

This team has improved leaps and bounds since 1-3 in the SEC. Those days are over as are playing 3 top 10 teams on the road (at Zags, at Bama and at UT).

Buckle up because the Benny Five takes no jive!!!
Easy there Rodney. Take a chill pill and maybe a nap.

Whats nice about a potential win at Kansas.. the next three games for UK are very winable.. Ole Miss is a bottom feeder, home for Florida and home for Arkansas which has struggled.

I wouldn't guarantee a win in any of these yet.. but they should be wins.. and it could mean an 8 game winning streak and likely sitting around 15th in ranking.
Florida has been playing well too.

If Cal would have listened to us basketball bennies back in November, we would be in much better shape. Should have beaten MSU and USC for sure. Probably beat Mizzou. We should only have 3 losses (Zags, UCLA, Bama). 4 tops.

Reactions: fatguy87
If Cal would have listened to us basketball bennies back in November, we would be in much better shape. Should have beaten MSU and USC for sure. Probably beat Mizzou. We should only have 3 losses (Zags, UCLA, Bama). 4 tops.
We were better than UCLA too. Heck, we gave them a game when Cal was doing Cal things.

Where is your perspective??? Pre-season this team was favored to win the SEC and according to Vegas odds favored to cut down the nets. So why praise an unranked team that is 1-4 vs ranked teams?
Because we have won 4 straight after a brutal start that was filled with injuries and 3 games at then top 10 teams.
The win at #5 now #4 UT was the start to the run you are witnessing and will witness the remainder of the season.

I was just looking at the current KenPom O & D efficiencies. Interesting. The school that Fredrick came from has the one of the largest differences between O and D efficiency. Iowa is 8 in offense, 125 in defense.

Should be an interesting game when Missouri plays Miss. St.

School - O / D
Missouri 6 / 194 (I thought it was their D that was so good?)
Miss. St. 168 / 10
BYU 184 / 30
ORU 15 / 158
Okl St 135 / 7
Utah St 13 / 135
Rutgers 122 / 2
SH 138 / 19
Iowa 8 / 125
Vandy 55 / 166
Florida 120 / 12
Miami 10 / 117

Committee will look at whole body of work. No one will care when we have a 244th ranked, Q4 loss at home hanging around our neck like an albatross

If UK does something crazy like winning out or only dropping one game the rest of the way, that SCAR loss should be damn well ignored by the Committee. UK was down two of its top 3 players.

I was just looking at the current KenPom O & D efficiencies. Interesting. The school that Fredrick came from has the one of the largest differences between O and D efficiency. Iowa is 8 in offense, 125 in defense.

Should be an interesting game when Missouri plays Miss. St.

School - O / D
Missouri 6 / 194 (I thought it was their D that was so good?)
Miss. St. 168 / 10
BYU 184 / 30
ORU 15 / 158
Okl St 135 / 7
Utah St 13 / 135
Rutgers 122 / 2
SH 138 / 19
Iowa 8 / 125
Vandy 55 / 166
Florida 120 / 12
Miami 10 / 117

Yeah and it seems like teams that are like this (wide discrepancies in efficiencies) tend to be the teams that go home earlier than they should once the NCAA tournament starts. 2012 Duke. 2012 MIssouri. Last year's Purdue comes to mind.

Sagarin has us at 23 overall. I think that’s a pretty accurate picture w the recent performance weighted a little more

Yeah I would say anywhere between 20 and 30 seems about fair.
Beat KU and I bet the pollsters put us back in the top 25 as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT