ADVERTISEMENT

UK and Gonzaga both are 16-6

And pretty close per NET and KenPom.

KenPom: Gonzaga #22, UK #24.
NET: Gonzaga #28, UK #23.

Would be a Quad 1 win. Really need this one.
Really need this game, they are good but not world beaters. They have a good guard and decent big. I think we finally win another big game. At least I’m praying for it!

Also the pace numbers are bit misleading on their part
61st in adjusted tempo however their average possession on offense is 15.8 seconds which is 32nd. The reason the overall tempo is slower is because their opponents hold onto the ball for 17.9 seconds which is 285th.

There's definitely a balance to them.
While our figures are 5th/102nd offensive/defensive eff they are 28th/34th. Since we are rated similar the overall efficiency margins are the same despite the difference in getting to that margin.

Another thing is Gonzaga is pretty balanced on just overall offense defense but also the four factors within the offense and defense. They struggle getting to the line on offense and struggle forcing turnovers on defense but other than they they are top 50 or hovering near that in 3 of the 4 main categories on off and def.

Im hoping Big Z gets the chance to do well, gonzaga does not seem like an overly aggressive team. I think that bodes well for Big Z. And Calipari should have the rotations figured out. Tre being out is not good, what about wagner?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT