ADVERTISEMENT

UK Memorabilia

Mar 20, 2006
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not, but here it goes:

My wife and I are going to be downsizing next year and I have a man cave full of UK stuff. I have not seen similar items for sale anywhere to even get a good starting price. A few examples would be a 98 team signed ball and a framed print of the 98 championship game tip off signed by the seniors (Mills, Edwards and Shepard).

Has anyone ever sold UK memorabilia, and where is the best place to do so? I am assuming Ebay is the best answer, but wanted to solicit opinions.

I have had poor experiences with Craigslist and would rather not go that route. I am also in the Cincinnati area which further complicates things.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Offerup, Letgo, and Ebay are all places to sell. Ebay provides the largest pool of people, but if you want to sell it locally and avoid shipping costs, Offerup and Letgo would be the place to sell. Best of luck.

Offerup, Letgo, and Ebay are all places to sell. Ebay provides the largest pool of people, but if you want to sell it locally and avoid shipping costs, Offerup and Letgo would be the place to sell. Best of luck.

Thanks! I have tried Offerup, but have not gotten any interest. EBay probably makes the most sense in getting true market value. I am really not looking forward to selling all of this stuff.

I donated a lot of my stuff. Someone else can enjoy prints, unworn hats, heavy winter coat and my leather coat I bought in Lexington attending a football game. I lost a lot of weight and now someone else can enjoy these things.

OP, this is just what I did but looking to sell I'd say EBay.

I have to do the same thing. I have a treasure and I can't take it to the grave. I have things like Adolph Rupp, Issel, Pratt and Casey signed team posters. 1958 NCAA Championship program (Elgin Baylor, etc.) Basketball magazines (Blue Ribbon, Street & Smiths and Cats Pause) in mint condition and some are over 50 years old. Some when Lew Alcindor was in high school and Jerry West and Oscar were in college. Many UK clothing items including 1978 Championship items. Lots of work to do because time is running out. Downsize, I must downsize.

I need to check out how Ebay works.

I have to do the same thing. I have a treasure and I can't take it to the grave. I have things like Adolph Rupp, Issel, Pratt and Casey signed team posters. 1958 NCAA Championship program (Elgin Baylor, etc.) Basketball magazines (Blue Ribbon, Street & Smiths and Cats Pause) in mint condition and some are over 50 years old. Some when Lew Alcindor was in high school and Jerry West and Oscar were in college. Many UK clothing items including 1978 Championship items. Lots of work to do because time is running out. Downsize, I must downsize.

Sawnee please message me as I collect lots of UK items. Old basketball and football items. I even have a 1948 Final Four Program. The program from the night UK won the Gold Medal in the 48 Olympics in London. Anyway would love to chat and see if there might be some interest on both sides.

I'm always buying, always interested. Huge collector.

When you get ready let me see what's interesting.

Got four walls full 85%Uk some baseball football autographs.

Is that not a violation of board rules? If not, that would be awesome!! Would love to see this stuff land in someone hands that loves UK as much as I do.

All I did was post a few times that I was selling my collection and anyone interested could email me for pics and details. If that was a violation, it must have been minor.

I had team balls from 58, 66, 78, 96, 98, and 12, all with glass cases. A piece of the 96 Championship floor, a piece of the Rupp floor, and a JSA certified Rupp autograph that looked like he signed it yesterday. Those and a few more neat pieces. I miss it for sure but needed cash. Adulting sucks.

My wife and I are going to be downsizing next year and I have a man cave full of UK stuff. I have not seen similar items for sale anywhere to even get a good starting price. A few examples would be a 98 team signed ball and a framed print of the 98 championship game tip off signed by the seniors (Mills, Edwards and Shepard).

Has anyone ever sold UK memorabilia, and where is the best place to do so? I am assuming Ebay is the best answer, but wanted to solicit opinions.

I have had poor experiences with Craigslist and would rather not go that route. I am also in the Cincinnati area which further complicates things.

I would be up for some trades. I have all kinds of stuff at the house. All kinds of hunting gear id be willing to trade for some memorabillia. Most of it is double or triple XL. I have hunting bibs, boots size 13, gloves, hats etc.... Turkey calls, deer calls and an extra deer stand id be willing to let go of. Made it myself with my welder, its a damn good one. Better than anyone you can by. Its a 2 man stand about 15 feet tall.

I am a huge collector of UK stuff. I know this sounds weird, but I have Mashburn's used game sock that was given to me by my uncle. He somehow got it from one of the in game floor wipers. Somehow they acquired it.

OK...it is going to take some time to get the images together. Here is a list of what I can come up with off of the top of my head:

- Set of 12 Framed\Matted Sports Illustrated Covers. These are covers only and the magazines are not included. Starts with Rupp and Ends with Towns.

-1978 Framed Print signed by artist. Have not seen this anywhere.

-"Home Court Advantage" Framed Print...Circa early 90's. Feature under 8:00 UK flag at half court in game against Shaq and LSU.

-"Through the Years" Framed Print. Probably bought this in the late 90's or so?

- Wildcat Mascot through the years framed banner

-Two Interlocking UK Neon Signs.

-"Finest Couch Ever Made" Tim Couch Print

-Chrome UK Helmet

-About a 2 foot tall Wildcat Mascot Statue

-Rupp, Commonwealth, Memorial Hall, Wildcat Collectibles. Memorial Hall lights up.

-Framed Herald Leader Front Page Prints from 1998 and 2012 National Championships.

-1998 Team Signed Basketball

-1998 Framed Print, featuring opening tip in San Antonio...signed by Edwards, Mills, and Sheppard

- A REALLY cool piece of art signed by Calipari. Includes Makers Mark, Jersey, and trophy, I think. Signed and numbered print. This is going to hurt to let go.

-1996 Commemorative Denim Makers Bottle.

-First Blue Over Red Wax Makers Bottle

Non-UK Related

-Woodford reserve American Pharaoh Bottle

-Woodford Reserve Barrel Lid

I have no idea about pricing. Make a fair offer and I will listen. I will try and post pictures later this week.

-

OK...it is going to take some time to get the images together. Here is a list of what I can come up with off of the top of my head:

- Set of 12 Framed\Matted Sports Illustrated Covers. These are covers only and the magazines are not included. Starts with Rupp and Ends with Towns.

-"Home Court Advantage" Framed Print...Circa early 90's. Feature under 8:00 UK flag at half court in game against Shaq and LSU.

-Chrome UK Helmet

-Rupp, Commonwealth, Memorial Hall, Wildcat Collectibles. Memorial Hall lights up.

-Framed Herald Leader Front Page Prints from 1998 and 2012 National Championships.

-1998 Framed Print, featuring opening tip in San Antonio...signed by Edwards, Mills, and Sheppard

- A REALLY cool piece of art signed by Calipari. Includes Makers Mark, Jersey, and trophy, I think. Signed and numbered print. This is going to hurt to let go.

Non-UK Related

I have no idea about pricing. Make a fair offer and I will listen. I will try and post pictures later this week.

-

Very interested in the Sports Illustrated's and the framed Herald Leaders. Can you shoot me an email?

Bradleysyoung86@gmail.com

-Chrome UK Helmet

Non-UK Related

-
I am interested in the sports illustrated and the wildcat

UlisMyMan would most likely be interested in all the balls he can get. Oh! Don't forget Smooth. Both of them love balls and can't get enough.

Do ya have any framed pictures of Billy Clyde Drunk and Passed out at Rupp? I'd love to have one of those.

A long time friend gave me today an autographed photo of Rupps. Runts and Adolph all the signatures are there and framed besides What a gift!!

Reactions: TeoJ and Sawnee Cat
Got a bunch of great framed prints that are about 30 years old.

Also a signed 98 Final Four ball from none other than Pitino. But I think he ruined that one. :)

I have a record of Adolph Rupp called Great Moments in Ky Basketball. Has interviews with Rupp and different parts of games that Claude Sullivan called and various other things on it. It is very good. I am thinking of selling. Things have been rough with us since i lost my job and have been trying to raise a little cash here and there. Let me know if any interest. Thanks..Don

-Chrome UK Helmet

Non-UK Related

-

How much for the American Pharaoh bottle? Yes, I'm over 21.

Dude... This is incredible!!! WOW.

26176187_10213837201717018_344905350_n.jpg

:cool2:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT