ADVERTISEMENT

UK is No. 1 in all-time wins

I knew Cal would get us back on top of the college basketball world if we just gave him time.
Yeah, we were just young and Cal has us peaking at just the right time. I just hope we haven't peaked to early. He got us back on top, and don't wanna leave out Billy Self for his contributions.

Reactions: Jamal Mercer
78d9c442-6212-4ca8-9b22-8005283508ac_text.gif

UK gained 15 games on Kansas in one day.
Its conceivable that we would have never gained that many on them ever again.
Just think about that for a smidge.
There is simply something very very special and unique about Kentucky Basketball that you cant quite put a finger on.
It may very well be the most tradition riched entity in all of American Sports.

If Cal doesn’t figure out the 5 spot and coach his ass off this season, there’s a good chance they tie or retake the ATW back from UK 🤬

Actually, Kentucky’s lead over Kansas is (only) five games, not seven (i.e., UK has 2,375 wins, not 2,377), as most folks forget to remove UK’s two, vacated, 1988 tourney wins (and one loss). Their record that season is recognized (by the NCAA) as 25-5, not 27-6. Now, of course, we all saw UK win those two, ‘88 tournament games (just as I saw my Jayhawks win the 15 games with DeSousa in 2018). Anyway, your lead over KU is officially at five, not seven, IF what we’re hearing today is true (about KU having to vacate 15 wins).

Interesting. Looks like you are correct. I thought they vacated that whole seasons' worth of wins, but it was just 2.

Interesting. Looks like you are correct. I thought they vacated that whole seasons' worth of wins, but it was just 2.
No, he is not correct. Those 2 wins in 1988 have not been included in UK’s total since the probation was handed down in 1989.

NEVER trust a KU fan when they are spouting out “facts”

Reactions: RunninRichie
No, he is not correct. Those 2 wins in 1988 have not been included in UK’s total since the probation was handed down in 1989.

NEVER trust a KU fan when they are spouting out “facts”
Kansas fans are geeks. RUPP WAS FROM KANSAS!!!!

Guess I’ll accept it but kinda feels like we backed into it-would have much rather we got it on the court

Actually, Kentucky’s lead over Kansas is (only) five games, not seven (i.e., UK has 2,375 wins, not 2,377), as most folks forget to remove UK’s two, vacated, 1988 tourney wins (and one loss). Their record that season is recognized (by the NCAA) as 25-5, not 27-6. Now, of course, we all saw UK win those two, ‘88 tournament games (just as I saw my Jayhawks win the 15 games with DeSousa in 2018). Anyway, your lead over KU is officially at five, not seven, IF what we’re hearing today is true (about KU having to vacate 15 wins).

Ps, Last season, KU ended with four more wins than UK. The season before, it was KU + eight. The season before that, it was KU +12.

This season, I think UK will win more games than KU.

May the better team win.

Rock Chalk!
Actually bro, KU started playing in 1899. Kentucky didnt start til 1903. During that 5 years, Kansas amassed 25 wins. Deduct that and start from 1903 and Kentucky has a 32 game lead in wins. Let it also be noted that Kansas has 885 total losses while Kentucky only has 749, a difference of 136. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT