ADVERTISEMENT

UK is No. 1 in all-time wins

Time to widen the gap! GBB!

It all starts with beating Kansas in the early going.

But I think this is big. Kentucky might fall short this year, but I see a good deal of wins with this talent, and I don't see Kansas having many much more than us (if at all).

They may surpass us again. I can't say it won't happen, certainly not with the big12s help.. but it will be pretty close by the time Self and Cal move on, and then it's up to Kansas to keep that Phog Allen "magic".

It all starts with beating Kansas in the early going.

But I think this is big. Kentucky might fall short this year, but I see a good deal of wins with this talent, and I don't see Kansas having many much more than us (if at all).

They may surpass us again. I can't say it won't happen, certainly not with the big12s help.. but it will be pretty close by the time Self and Cal move on, and then it's up to Kansas to keep that Phog Allen "magic".
Agree. We have the team to widen this gap this year. No more Wheeler and Jacob Toppin.

I also won't go back on my statement from when Kansas passed us: the all time wins didn't matter much to me. It's an easier thing to claim than going into winning percentages that go down to the 1/1000th. I obviously want the most wins, but Kansas getting a head start, and also cheating for years to get past us, kind of made it a meaningless thing to claim for them. It cheapened it. And we still had the better winning % which, really, is the TRUE mark of the best program.

I still feel the same way. But I know this is important to most UK fans, so I'm happy for them. Also happy for Kansas to get kneecapped today and to watch their fans literally watch this lead and an entire Final4 disappear before their eyes.

It's fun just doing victory laps around one of the most dirty and sanctimonious fanbases in college.

Last edited:
ESPN trying to speak it into existence.

They are going to hate having to remind everyone all year that it's Kentucky, that's in fact, the winningest program.
For what, two seasons before Kansas passes us again?

Never mind, I saw it's only 7 games. They may have the lead again by the end of this season.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Yeah but based on how consistent Kansas is, they might just take it back in a couple years.

I give it 3 seasons, maybe 2 before we surpass you. Again.
You never passed us in the first place. Kansas started playing in 1899, a full 5 years before Kentucky. During those 5 years, you amassed a 25 win lead since Kentucky didn't start playing until 1903. Deduct those 25 games and start from zero in 1903 and Kentucky has a 32 game lead on Kansas. Thanks for playing!!!!

I give it 3 seasons, maybe 2 before we surpass you. Again.
It feels fun to dance upon your grave today, Jayhawk! You guys cheated for years to take that lead, and now you've lost it again

JUST

THAT

joker-batman.gif

I also won't go back on my statement from when Kansas passed us: the all time wins didn't matter much to me. It's an easier thing to claim than going into winning percentages that go down to the 1/1000th. I obviously want the most wins, but Kansas getting a head start, and also cheating for years to get past us, kind of made it a meaningless thing to claim for them. It cheapened it. And we still had the better winning % which, really, is the TRUE mark of the best program.

I still feel the same way. But I know this is important to most UK fans, so I'm happy for them. Also happy for Kansas to get kneecapped today and to watch their fans literally watch this lead and an entire Final4 disappear before their eyes.

It's fun just doing victory laps around one of the most dirty and sanctimonious fanbases in college.
Lol. We will pass you again within 2 years. Glad the ruling proved we didn’t cheat and our coaches had no idea of any payments. Carry on.

Another angle is the black eye that vacating wins entails. Like it's 2023, how bad do you have to cheat to actually have the NCAA vacate wins..

If this is true.. it's more than just losing wins, a final 4, and hs going back to #1.. it tells us once and for all what a cheating sleazy program is.
Problem is they DO NOT care. They're ok with being known as sleazy cheaters. I'm just glad the world does know it for fact now.

Lol. We will pass you again within 2 years. Glad the ruling proved we didn’t cheat and our coaches had no idea of any payments. Carry on.
Lol what? Teams just don’t have a FF and wins vacated for nothing. You all aren’t taking today very well.

• Haha
Reactions: Cawood86
Lol what? Teams just don’t have a FF and wins vacated for nothing. You all aren’t taking today very well.
A player was ineligible because he received benefits from adidas, a payment that our coaches were not aware of but still making him ineligible. This ruling was a huge W. Glad it’s over and the cloud is gone. A giant waste of 6 years.

A player was ineligible because he received benefits from adidas, a payment that our coaches were not aware of but still making him ineligible. This ruling was a huge W. Glad it’s over and the cloud is gone. A giant waste of 6 years.

Were not aware of....ok, lol.

On a separate note...I'm unloading some beach front property in the Hamptons if you are interested. Let me know.

Reactions: Cawood86
Kansas will beat Kentucky in Chicago. Hunter Dickerson will kill Wildcats with their weak post presence. Mitchell and Bradshaw are not back to basket true post players. Kentucky guards are young and inconsistent shooters. Kentucky has many flaws and will lose about 10 or 11 games.
You should be a quiz gameshow host for Kansas: "Name that Assault!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT