ADVERTISEMENT

UK in the ACC?

oh we would be #2. You really think freaking Virginia could beat this UK team? REALLLLY ? REAAAAAAAALLY?

After todays game if UK AND Virginia had a point spread it would be Kentucky -3 neutral field and -6 at home.

* also i might add:
I guarantee Kentucky could play LSU better than Okllahoma could.
At commonwealth Lsu fans would fear Kentucky. Ky probably lose 31 -20 or so.

Last edited:
oh we would be #2. You really think freaking Virginia could beat this UK team? REALLLLY ? REAAAAAAAALLY?

After todays game if UK AND Virginia had a point spread it would be Kentucky +3 neutral field and +6 at home.

* also i might add:
So you think LSU would only beat the Cats by 11 at Kroger Field?

After todays game if UK AND Virginia had a point spread it would be Kentucky +3 neutral field and +6 at home.

* also i might add:

LSU would destroy us. Come on now.

* also i might add:

I'll have what you are drinking because LSU would blow us out of the water this year. lol

In 2 games this season against ACC teams. Lynn Bowden rushed for 517 yards. IF UK was in the ACC, playing 8 games against those teams plus 5 non conference games. And I'm serious. Bowden would have rushed for 3,000 yards.

* also i might add:
I guess you didn't see how well UVA played against the Gaytors.......I think uva would probably beat us.....we struggled against vatech and uva handled them. LSU would absolutely embarrass us, please get real

I guess you didn't see how well UVA played against the Gaytors.......I think uva would probably beat us.....we struggled against vatech and uva handled them. LSU would absolutely embarrass us, please get real

Seems like I remember a game when LSU absolutely embarrassed us. I also remember a game where we embarrassed them. It didn't slow them down too much though. Sports is fickle.

Reactions: Ky grandpa

:pimp:Let me ask you this:
:pimp:If LSU played Kentucky at Commonwealth and it was raining and the game was this Saturday? The secondary is good at UK and the RAIN is a big fuking factor and Bowden at the height of his powers. LSU is beatable. Look at their schedule this year. :pimp:The scores. They can be beat:pimp:

yep

To get back to the original topic, it's an interesting "what if."

To me, here's the big question. Let's just say we're in the ACC. Then say Terry and Sawyer still go down at the same points in the season. How do you think we'd have done against ACC teams instead Georgia, Mississippi State, and South Carolina?

IMHO, I think the only definite losses in three games would be if we had to play Clemson or Nortre Dame. We could debate the others, but depending on the teams, we might've gone 3-0.

Now replace Florida with an ACC team, and hmmm. . . .

:pimp:If LSU played Kentucky at Commonwealth and it was raining and the game was this Saturday? The secondary is good at UK and the RAIN is a big fuking factor and Bowden at the height of his powers. LSU is beatable. Look at their schedule this year. :pimp:The scores. They can be beat:pimp:

yep
What's your pot connects # bro?

Seems like we also played Florida right after losing our QB.

VPI was in control for much of their game against UVA and looked like the bettter team. I watched most of it and all of the second half.

The Hokies gained almost 500 yards against the Wahoo defense (as compared to only 330 or so against Kentucky) and had 25 first downs as compared to only 14 for UVA.

Why’d they lose to Virginia? A -3 TO deficit (4 to 1). And when it mattered, they couldn’t stop Perkins.

I would like our chances against Virginia.

Despite all of the ACC apologists objections, Kentucky can fairly claim to be better than any ACC team not named Clemson.

* also i might add:
Cmon Now our team is good but not even close to LSU’s Level they are on a different level than every team.

Reactions: UKat1
um, we should have beat the gaytors. You can't compare scores and say who would win

* also i might add:

You think the Cats would be bigger underdogs at home than a neutral field?

Who in the world would want to trade the best SEC for the no so ACC?? Only those stuck in a vacuum of dreams of nothing ness..
Why does even come up every 10 to 20 years?? Only the BB fans would dream of this crap...

GBB

yep

I don't think you realize how good their offense is. Our D is pretty good and they wore us out. All 3 of their WR are number 1's, the TE is very good, and when healthy they have the best back in the SEC. Very balanced. And to top it of Burrow's is playing out of his mind right now, completing about 80% of his passes and we aren't talking 5 yard routes.

Well we beat them in score, first downs, 3rd down conversion, 4th down conversion, time of possession yards of offense, tackles for a loss, yard per pass, and they rushed for 6.6 and us 6 without almost any threat of a pass against a loaded box. We lost the turnover battle and they had a far superior field goal kicker. We beat the 2nd best team in each division of the ACC. So yes, I think it’s a fair argument to say we could finish just behind Clemson. What’s your argument against?

These Louisville idiots on the radio are talking about:

-7 wins next year is a disappointment
-every ACC game other than Clemson they should win
-realistic shot at Orange Bowl

I mean. The O skill players are good. Still gotta block. Still gotta play defense. Good luck fellas.

Check out the ACC teams Virginia Tech and Louisville lost to. You’d have dropped some of those games too. This Kentucky team was quite average as evidenced by its body of work. The chest beating is amusing. That’s my point.
lol, the All Clemson Conference has shown what it was made of this bowl season .What an idiot .

This is amusing. You barely beat Virginia Tech in a game they lead for 99.9 percent of the clock. Is that somehow proof you’d dominate the ACC? What gives?
Besides Clemson, who from the ACC would you expect to beat us?

We beat the only other team that comes close to matching up with us physically.

BTW, VaTech will rock UVA next year.

Reactions: catben
Yep. It was made of average teams like VT that took you to the wire. You’d have fit right in. Congrats.
45-13 U6 boy.

We DESTROYED your team two years in a row.

The ACC is now 4-6 and will finish 4-7 in bowl games.

The SEC is 7-2 and will finish 8-2.

You were saying?

Last edited:
As we're playing at this point, we'd have been among the top 2-4 teams. However, just as in the SEC, it took some time and some unfortunate losses to figure things out with the qb situation.

As for those that think we should go to the ACC: With the players we have now, we'd do very well. Maybe second only to Clemson. However, we WOULD NOT get the same caliber players. We get players that come to Ky because of the SEC. They would not have the same interest in the acc.

Reactions: westlex1
I think it’s pretty obvious what I was saying. UK is average, not above or below. You lost 5 games, including a couple bad losses and beat a grand total of two teams with winning records. We can pretend that you’d ha e run roughshod over the ACC but more Lille it would have e resulted in a 1-2 game improvement over the mediocre 8-5 record.
45-13. 45-13. 45-13. 45-13. 45-13. 45-13. 45-13...

...Against the team that finished SECOND in the Clemson division and, oh yeah, U6 also beat the winner of the other division.

And, again, except for the -3 TO deficit and the final score, VaTech dominated UVA this year.

Yes, we have shown, on the field, that we are, at this point, better than any team in the ACC besides Clemson.

You don’t have to like it, and clearly you don’t, but if your counterpoint is that UK is just an average team with a mediocre 8-5 record, what does that make the ACC? A crap conference (ACC) comprised of less than mediocre teams plus Clemson?

Oh, wow. If that’s your thesis, I guess you just won the debate...at least the “A Crap Conference” part of it...

Last edited:
I'm telling you they could be beat at commonwealth with the rain and Bowden and the top 10 secondary.
There’s no way we could beat LSU this year. I don’t care where we are playing and what conditions, Joe Burrow would carve up our secondary.

I would have liked to see Kentucky play LSU last year (2018) I think that would have been a really close game.

As we're playing at this point, we'd have been among the top 2-4 teams. However, just as in the SEC, it took some time and some unfortunate losses to figure things out with the qb situation.

As for those that think we should go to the ACC: With the players we have now, we'd do very well. Maybe second only to Clemson. However, we WOULD NOT get the same caliber players. We get players that come to Ky because of the SEC. They would not have the same interest in the acc.
I was just getting ready to point this out. It’s fun to ask ourselves how a given year’s team would have fared against a different conference’s schedule, but we wouldn’t be recruiting at this level if we played in the acc. Because no one does except Clemson.

Reactions: ram1955
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT