ADVERTISEMENT

UK has to start making 3's

We are young, like always. We don't communicate on defense, like always. What we usually (not always) do is improve seriously on defense as the year wears on. Maybe that happens - but for some reason I am doubtful that happens. Partially the way we're constructed, partly some other things. We're not horrible on defense, just not as good as we usually are under a coach who's program is founded on defense.

I think the bottom line is we have too many lapses, on both ends. I attribute that to one player above others, but I won't say his name (it will be a distraction, I've learned). So, if I'm right, if we don't get a lot better on defense........then our end will come in a game where we're facing a pretty good offense that exploits (at least for key stretches in a game) our defense, and will put pressure on on offense to keep up. And, again because of mental lapses and too many empty possessions, we won't be able to.

Maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe they'll catch fire and just prove me wrong. But today, even with a pretty bad field to compete against, it seems this team is lacking in ways that will prove overwhelming......

Reactions: TankedCat
Thank You for bringing this to my attention. You must be some kind of brain child. I've watched them play all year and would have never guessed that is a problem. I'm going to think on this and evaluate the situation. Once I come up with a plan I'll get back with you. WTF 3 point shooting is a problem for this team
Glad I could help. Also, maybe go see a doctor to have that burr removed from your rectum. Or have your boyfriend take a look at it when you're not looking at his.

Glad I could help. Also, maybe go see a doctor to have that burr removed from your rectum. Or have your boyfriend take a look at it when you're not looking at his.
Dude why did you go the gay route. I’m not gay but I am happy. You started a post that 99% of our board already know. That’s just stupid. Deal with it.

We are 20 games into the season. At this point we are what we are and there isn't any "tweek" that will make us a better 3 point shooting team. Quickly is the only decent outside threat so our best bet is to get him open shots when we can and let the other guys do what they do best. Get to the rim and finish, get fouled and make free throws.
We're 36% from 3 in SEC which is an improvement from our 32% overall number. Sestina is also a 40% 3 pt shooter overall. The key is getting Maxey up to his potential. If he would be a little more patient in his shot selection, he could be a 35-38% shooter himself. When he takes good shots, like he did when he stepped into that open three during our run, he looks good. We need one more consistent 3 point shooter to make us really tough to guard.

Getting Juzang more comfortable will help also.

Dude why did you go the gay route. I’m not gay but I am happy. You started a post that 99% of our board already know. That’s just stupid. Deal with it.
You were a jerk with your response. You deal with it or dont respond like a d-bag. Couldn't care less which.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT