ADVERTISEMENT

UK Cats -n- UF Gators ( Saturday game 3 )...

AgesBlue

Senior
May 25, 2010
Justin Lewis represents our last hope to win a game against the top ranked team in the land. He has been pretty reliable in the past in winning game 3's of series.
The wildcats bats showed a little sign of waking up in the 9th inning last night, I would like to see TJ Collette back in the order, as he is a HR threat each time he is up. Shinn has done a good job of getting on base via walks and hits lately, Becker has had a good series so far, need to get more from Pompey, Heyer, Cottam, and Aklinski to really do some damage.
Here's to a Saturday win, and maybe getting our mojo back, before the upcoming week's games.

Reactions: Gabewcat
I'm not positive but I've not spotted Collett warming up and stretching. Might be an indication of why he isn't starting/playing.

Would love a big inning from one of these, but I'll take a couple as well.

Collett has been a big flop against SEC pitching. How many hr has he against SEC pitching? 1, 2 ?

Collett has been a big flop against SEC pitching. How many hr has he against SEC pitching? 1, 2 ?
If you are not going to give him a chance to break out of his slump, then how the hell do you justify Rodriguez and Johnson getting chance after chance to break out of their slumps. In my opinion, omething has happened to Collett and Mingione's relationship that is causing him bench time. The frustrating thing about baseball nobody mentions it on the broadcast.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
If you are not going to give him a chance to break out of his slump, then how the hell do you justify Rodriguez and Johnson getting chance after chance to break out of their slumps. In my opinion, omething has happened to Collett and Mingione's relationship that is causing him bench time. The frustrating thing about baseball nobody mentions it on the broadcast.

I don't think that's the case..again, I didn't see him warming up which would indicate he's banged up in some way.

Whatever the reason, Collett isn't hitting HR's in SEC play. How many has he hit against SEC pitchers this season ?

Whatever the reason, Collett isn't hitting HR's in SEC play. How many has he hit against SEC pitchers this season ?
How many home runs have Rodriguez and Johnson hit in the SEC combined? Zero. Collett gives you a threat that scares opposing pitchers. He also draws a lot of walksand had a double vs Georgia that keyed a ninth inning comeback.

I think Collett has 1 HR in SEC play. Power hitters have to produce HRs, even in a slump. This isn't the major leagues.

Rodriguez and Johnson aren't considered HR hitters, although they could hit 1 every now and then.

Rodriguez and Johnson aren't considered HR hitters, although they could hit 1 every now and then.
Be nice if they just got a hit every now and then much less a hr...basically an out and ZERO threat every time they bat ...1 less than 200 the other less than 250.

Timocee: I am a big Collett fan, I think he is getting a raw deal. If given a chance he will eventually produce. One thing for sure, if he dos not bat, nothing will change. When a righthanded batter is in the lineup vs a righhanded pitcher it tells me that there is something more than batter in a slump because any college coach will not bench a guy with 10 home runs for someone that is barely hitting 213 (Rodriguez) 0r 270 (Johnson) hile Collett's numbers are 304 10 hr 34 rbi's.

What's Collet's batting average in SEC play ? You are using his total numbers for the whole season. I know he walks alot but he strikes out just as much.

What's Collet's batting average in SEC play ? You are using his total numbers for the whole season. I know he walks alot but he strikes out just as much.
Don't give a damn what it is in SEC play...he is danger every time he steps in the box....neither of the other two are and never will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT