ADVERTISEMENT

UK-Auburn Sunday Doubleheader

Great at bat for Dawson who got up early in the count and continued to battle and foul off good pitches before finally drawing the walk.

Pompey then pops out to the catcher but he drops it. Wind pushed it a little and crossed up the catcher to keep Pompey alive.

Pompey drives one into left off the glove of the left fielder to score Cottam. It goes as a double, but could be the second error of the at bat.

2-1 UK

Squires lines out to shallow left and Dawson tags up. He's out by a mile but the catcher makes the tag before the catch and Dawson is safe!

3-1 UK.

Aklinski flies out to center.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Lewis finally gets a first pitch strike and it ends in a pop up for the first out.

Johnson works a full count and draws a 7 pitch walk. Auburn throws down to second for no reason and it gets into center and Becker takes third on the mistake. Throw wasn't bad but got by short and they give the catcher his second error of the game.

Heyer rooms one down the third base line and it goes for a two RBI double!!! 5-1

Heyer screams 3 hole hitter to me.

Auburn goes to the pen again with 0 outs and Heyer at second.

Collett bunting here... weird... but he's seen 3 straight balls. Walked him.

Cottam up now and he's also trying to bunt. Auburn catcher tried to throw out Heyer several times at second but failed and has almost thrown it away. Cottam hit by a pitch.

Bases loaded as UK tried to just manufacture a run with their power hitters but a walk and a hit batter put us in a better position. Auburn going to the bullpen again.

Auburn expects Dawson to possibly squeeze. Instead, he looks at two balls before seeing a strike. He pops out to shallow right. Not the worst result possible for the 9 hole hitter.

Replay confirmed Cottam didn't leave early and then Becker flied out. Good inning for UK though.

That's 30 total on the year for the Round Tripper Triplets!

Dawson then hits one off the wall in left for a two out triple!!!

Dawson pulls a Derek Jeter and throws out the runner! That is very close. I think he's safe, but this thing is very close!

It does. They call him safe. It's the right call but what a way to lose the no hitter. Heck of a play by Dawson.

A wild pitch advances the runner but UK gets out one with a grounder to first. High fly ball and Johnson makes a running and leaping grab at the wall for out 2!!

UK plays at Alabama next weekend. The Tide was swept by Tennessee in Knoxville this weekend. Should be a chance for UK to get some wins and possibly end up on the favorable side of .500 in league play.

Becker grounds one through the right side with a full count and it scores Aklinski!

I think we got this one, I am watching end of Duke v Kansas, good week for UK (baseball)

Fly ball out before Becker tries being aggressive and catching Auburn sleeping. He's thrown out. A strange idea with a big lead. Even more strange to ask for a replay. That will piss off opposing teams and coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT