ADVERTISEMENT

UK-Auburn Sunday Doubleheader

Haake struggling some to find the strike zone. He hit the first batter and then gave up a walk before getting a 6-4-3 double play. With two outs he gets a little dollop into left that Pompey takes on the run to end the threat.

Haake struggling with the fastball location but he's connecting with the slider and its pretty nasty.

Haake recovered well from a pretty shaky start. Plunk the first one, 3-1 to the second, get a double play ball, and get ahead of the next batter and get him reaching to pop up.

Looks like we might be headed for a high scoring day. With both pitchers struggling, outs could be a premium today.

Auburn hits into a double play and we make a bad bunt to cut down the leadoff runner.

Pompey walks but Squires executes a poor bunt that goes for a fielder's choice. I don't like the decision to bunt there. This guy has a batting average against above .300. We should be swinging.

Heyer didn't do particularly well with that at bat. Had a chance to probably hit a home run on 2-0 but let a pitch down the middle go by. Still, he battled back a bit to draw the RBI walk.

Johnson goes down swinging to end the 1st. Not great, but we get a lead.

Collett has to be better with the bases loaded. He is just 2-7. Our power hitter has to be better than that.

Haake gets an easy comebacker and then gets a pretty generous corner for a looking K. The wind then holds one up in left and Pompey tails towards center to haul it in for a very quick top 2.

1-0 UK

Cottam draws a full count but swings at a curve in the dirt. Dawson with a hard grounder to short that can't be played cleanly.

Comebakcatz........I am wondering. Sorry, but I never did hear what the deal is with Thompson? Thanks in advance.

Flexor strain. Not sure how long he will be out. Seems like he is kind of weekend to weekend. Wouldn't surprise me if UK eases him back by having Haake start and then bring Thompson out of the bullpen.

Interesting inning. Auburn got a walk and then a steal. UK should have gotten a strike on the steal because Auburn didn't pull the bat back. They then attempted a bunt that went for a single but UK protested and it was called correctly as a double hit. Ball bounced off the turf and hit the bat again, so they reset and UK got out of the inning unscathed.

1-0

Squires grounds out to first and B
Aklinski hit one very deep to center but it's caught at the wall.

Tough spot here for UK. 2 outs and bases loaded. Hazelwood coming in to pitch.

Holy heck... Aklinski takes it at the wall in left center for out 3. Hazelwood left that thing way up and but for the wind it likely would have been long gone.

This umpire has a huge outside strike zone. I'd live there. Unhittable.

Hazelwood gives up a 2 out infield single that glanced off his glove. Bad luck. Now going to Maley.

I don't like this change. Thought Mason was hitting his spots.

Question as Malley comes in to pitch, is Carson Coleman injured, because he threw a perfect inning down at Arky, and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Belanger again proves why I'm not a coach. One pitch ground out to third to end it. Going to bottom 5. 1-0

Its strange that we seem to do okay against great pitching but struggle against the guys that typically struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT