ADVERTISEMENT

UK announces all new players.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
I have to assume we are still looking to add 1 more big. At least I hope so, especially with Sarr still being up in the air. You guys think this is nothing or UK announcing the team in a way, at least the guys joining. Don't they usually wait until they are done with the roster? Again, it's not the whole team just the new guys so might not be the same thing. I really hope we are still pursuing some bigs for added depth and if Sarr was ruled ineligible.

I have to assume we are still looking to add 1 more big. At least I hope so, especially with Sarr still being up in the air. You guys think this is nothing or UK announcing the team in a way, at least the guys joining. Don't they usually wait until they are done with the roster? Again, it's not the whole team just the new guys so might not be the same thing. I really hope we are still pursuing some bigs for added depth and if Sarr was ruled ineligible.

Gave me chills. Welcome forever Wildcats with the Big Blue Nation.

We should be good to go if Sarr gets the waiver.

If not, I wonder if there is anyone out there that can provide a low post threat for us?

Cal is probably content to wait and see what happens with Sarr and if he doesn’t play then so be it, you go with what you got.

Now if someone else comes along, then that might change things.

We had some big signees in June (Murray, Travis).

Think Brooks will start having veteran moments and Sarr and Mintz have been through the wars. We have more frosh that is multi talented than we normally have. Put those two things together we should be really good. Hope we get that extra big to go with Sarr and Jackson for depth, practice and development. That would really cover all area's two fold big time.

Reactions: kl40504
I think we start this lineup:

G Mintz- 97 games, 79 starts under his belt.
G Clarke- top 10 recruit.
G Boston- top 5 recruit.
F Brooks- only player with experience playing for Cal.
F Sarr- a stud and only true low post threat.

Askew has the best chance of breaking into the starting lineup, but will have to beat out a seasoned veteran in Mintz.

Jackson and Ware will battle for minutes behind Brooks and Sarr.

Allen and Fletcher battle for mop up minutes behind Clarke, Boston, Mintz, and Askew.

A lot, I mean A LOT, rides on the Sarr waiver.

Yeah, since March when the outright SEC Champions with the best three guards in the country were poised to make a run before COVID-19. Don’t you realize how foolish and tired your fake fan act is? You embarrass yourself.
Is this the best you got? Do you honestly think anyone who has an opinion different from yours is somehow "fake" and "foolish"? Let me clue you in on something: the sooner you can come to terms with the fact that your reality is no one else's, the easier and stress-free your life will be. Are you going to tear down my family, too?

Is this the best you got? Do you honestly think anyone who has an opinion different from yours is somehow "fake" and "foolish"? Let me clue you in on something: the sooner you can come to terms with the fact that your reality is no one else's, the easier and stress-free your life will be. Are you going to tear down my family, too?
Silly troll. What a waste.

My prediction on minutes(estimated):

G Mintz(25)/Askew(15)
G Clarke(30)/Askew(5)/Allen(5)
G Boston(30)/Brooks(5)/Fletcher(5)
F Brooks(20)/Ware(15)/Jackson(5)
F Sarr(25)/Jackson(15)

Clarke-30
Boston-30
Brooks-25
Sarr-25
Mintz-25
Askew-20
Jackson-20
Ware- 15
Allen-5
Fletcher-5

Flip flop Askew and Mintz, if Askew wins the starting PG job.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

G Boston- top 5 recruit.

Askew has the best chance of breaking into the starting lineup, but will have to beat out a seasoned veteran in Mintz.

Allen and Fletcher battle for mop up minutes behind Clarke, Boston, Mintz, and Askew.

Yeah, starters think you may be right. Those three guys with experience will have a lot of confidence out of the gates. Physically and mentally they will be ready to go to war.

36-4.and #9

Possible with Sarr.

I really think we lose a few more than that. We are fielding a team that has never collectively played a D-1 game together. November through January could be very tough. Probably a lot of growing pains. We will drop some head scratchers and the board will be in meltdown mode a few times.

But by the end of February, going into March, we will be one of the most dangerous teams in the country.

They just have to gel.

I’ll say we end up with 6-7 losses going into the tourney.

still playing victim i see

G Boston- top 5 recruit.

I’m hoping Allen is as good as many are claiming.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Possible with Sarr.

I really think we lose a few more than that. We are fielding a team that has never collectively played a D-1 game together. November through January could be very tough. Probably a lot of growing pains. We will drop some head scratchers and the board will be in meltdown mode a few times.

But by the end of February, going into March, we will be one of the most dangerous teams in the country.

They just have to gel.

The BEST thing (if there is anything) about this shutdown in terms of basketball is that NOBODY will be fielding a team that has spent much time together by the time things do get rolling.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Are you seriously offended that someone points out it's been almost 5 years since UK has finished in the Final Four? With arguably more talent than the rest of the bluebloods combined in the past 10 years? Try being respectful to others.
You don't deserve respect because your second question here would have to come from someone with the understanding of a 5 year old or a Louisville fan.

But I repeat myself.

I waste dozens of paragraphs debating the dumbest topics known to man on this board, but this assertion is too logically impoverished to even spend 5 minutes on.

So which is it? Are you a troll or just stupid?

You don't deserve respect because your second question here would have to come from someone with the understanding of a 5 year old or a Louisville fan.

But I repeat myself.

I waste dozens of paragraphs debating every topic known to man on this board, but this assertion is too dumb to even spend 5 minutes on.

So which is it? Are you a troll or just stupid?
watch out for the “stop attacking me!” victim card it will play in response to this.

Except, he was right. We were loaded and ready.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The BEST thing (if there is anything) about this shutdown in terms of basketball is that NOBODY will be fielding a team that has spent much time together by the time things do get rolling.

That helps.

But other teams, with Juniors and Seniors as their core returning players, who have played 2-3 years together, will still have the advantage of actually having played D-1 games together in the past.

Experience and chemistry can be invaluable, especially early in the season.

Our guys will need more time to mesh together than teams with a 7-8 man core of returning players.

Good news for us is that nobody in the country will have the type of talent we have and once they get 30+ games under their belt together, they will be very, very tough to beat.

I would venture to say we will go into the tourney as the hottest team in the country.

All contingent on Sarr getting his waiver.

Possible with Sarr.

They just have to gel.

I think 5 or 6 sounds about right. You have to figure 3 or 4 SEC losses, so much depends on the OOC schedule.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Yeah, since March when the outright SEC Champions with the best three guards in the country were poised to make a run before COVID-19. Don’t you realize how foolish and tired your fake fan act is? You embarrass yourself.
3 best guards? Quickley and Maxey were very good, I agree. But Hagans was pretty terrible again once SEC play started. He was a turnover machine who struggled to even make layups. And then got suspended the last game of the year.

There were probably 20 teams that could've won the title this year and we were one of them but I wouldn't have bet on this team past the S16.

Are you seriously offended that someone points out it's been almost 5 years since UK has finished in the Final Four? With arguably more talent than the rest of the bluebloods combined in the past 10 years? Try being respectful to others.
I figure you are either 12 years old or a complete moron. You know how many final fours UK has in its entire history? 17. Cal, in ten years, has 4 of them. He has seven Elite 8s in ten years. Your second statement shows absolutely how obtuse you really are.

3 best guards? Quickley and Maxey were very good, I agree. But Hagans was pretty terrible again once SEC play started. He was a turnover machine who struggled to even make layups. And then got suspended the last game of the year.

There were probably 20 teams that could've won the title this year and we were one of them but I wouldn't have bet on this team past the S16.
You crazy.

I figure you are either 12 years old or a complete moron. You know how many final fours UK has in its entire history? 17. Cal, in ten years, has 4 of them. He has seven Elite 8s in ten years. Your second statement shows absolutely how obtuse you really are.
4 isn't enough for his like him. He thinks we should go every year.

Reactions: irishcat1965
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT