ADVERTISEMENT

UK and IU schedule a 4 year series

There is literally zero benefit to us and all the benefit to them. Zero reason anyone should've given them this lifeline. None whatsoever.

That's another thing, this does nothing for us at the moment. Indiana isn't making this a must-watch game. If we beat them, it's because we were supposed to, everyone moves on. But if we lose, the headlines will read much differently. "Indiana is back, takes down rival" and "is Indiana taking over the Midwest basketball landscape?".. it's a lose/lose for us right now.

I challenge Indiana to make this NOT a lose/lose for UK. But they have to get there on their own.

It will be 13 years. A lot of those people are gone and most have let it go.

Fans don't change that drastically. College kids are college kids.

And didn't IU celebrate the Watford shot as their biggest accomplishment recently or something? They did something so laughably "little brother" it was pretty sad.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
That's another thing, this does nothing for us at the moment. Indiana isn't making this a must-watch game. If we beat them, it's because we were supposed to, everyone moves on. But if we lose, the headlines will read much differently. "Indiana is back, takes down rival" and "is Indiana taking over the Midwest basketball landscape?".. it's a lose/lose for us right now.

I challenge Indiana to make this NOT a lose/lose for UK. But they have to get there on their own.
Love you, no homo but KY is south. I will fight a fool that argues different.

• Haha
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Fans don't change that drastically. College kids are college kids.

And didn't IU celebrate the Watford shot as their biggest accomplishment recently or something? They did something so laughably "little brother" it was pretty sad.
Yes and most hated it. It was cringe worthy but the hoosierhysterics guys bring in to much NIL. I can’t stand them.

This sadly true. Won’t get any argument from me.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I don't hate Indiana, btw. If I'm being honest, I hate KU and Duke and it's not really even close. I'm fine playing IU at some point.. but similar to playing UofL, it's starting to not be much of a benefit to us. These programs need to sustain some level of consistency in the top25 to make it worth while. Obviously IU is much better than UofL, and I think they can get there.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
No the Hoosier hysterics guys bring in to much money. That was just one thing. The money was already made.
Uh huh. If everybody(or most, to be fair) hated it, like you said, how would any money be raised? Like I said, that dog don’t hunt.

There is literally zero benefit to us and all the benefit to them. Zero reason anyone should've given them this lifeline. None whatsoever.
Explain how there is no benefit?

KenPom last year:

UK 27th
IU 30th

2022:

UK 6
IU 48

UK 49
IU 50

Look UK has been MUCH, MUCH better---Absolute zero argument against that. MOF, ain't even close. But to act like IU would be a bad loss, etc----or that UK would have nothing to gain by winning is simply being silly.

Explain how there is no benefit?

KenPom last year:

UK 27th
IU 30th

2022:

UK 6
IU 48

UK 49
IU 50

Look UK has been MUCH, MUCH better---Absolute zero argument against that. MOF, ain't even close. But to act like IU would be a bad loss, etc----or that UK would have nothing to gain by winning is simply being silly.
That’s just hating IU is still a brand name, for me the rivalry just really isn’t there anymore, and the upcoming groups don’t even view IU as anything but another team. I like the game home and home games are better for college basketball than neutral sites. Random but are you all feeling about IU this year

A **** ton more than them. Not sure if you follow the Cats or not?
Define lately...

Past two seasons, meh----not so much.

As bad as IU has been, well we haven't seen 9-16.

PLus, IU has 2 NCAAT wins the past two years---UK has one. And IU has won two of the past 3 meetings...

But I am sure you're talking more in terms of last couple decades. In that case---You are right.

Glad to see the game back. Good old fashion rivalry..

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
That’s just hating IU is still a brand name, for me the rivalry just really isn’t there anymore, and the upcoming groups don’t even view IU as anything but another team. I like the game home and home games are better for college basketball than neutral sites. Random but are you all feeling about IU this year
I work in western Kentucky and that’s just not completely true. That’s your personal opinion and perspective. The rivalry isn’t what it once was but to say this game wouldn’t draw eyeballs and attention isn’t true. The 2016 game was top 5 viewed game.

To me IU/UK, UK/UL, IU/PU, those games never lose their clout. Border rivals, in=state rivals. Lots of tradition. Great fans....UK/Duke or KU, UNC---its a great game. Not great rivalries. Same with IU/KU, or IU/Duke---Great games. But not rivalries.

As for IU? Tons and tons of questions. Lots of talent, for sure. Getting Xavier Johnson back was huge. I think we are a certain NCAAT team. Where at though? Man I have no clue.

I work in western Kentucky and that’s just not completely true. That’s your personal opinion and perspective. The rivalry isn’t what it once was but to say this game wouldn’t draw eyeballs and attention isn’t true. The 2016 game was top 5 viewed game.
Didn’t say it wouldn’t draw viewers. The younger groups myself included don’t view IU as a big game, it’s just another game. I would like to play IU, because assembly hall is still a good arena and college basketball needs more home and home series

To me IU/UK, UK/UL, IU/PU, those games never lose their clout. Border rivals, in=state rivals. Lots of tradition. Great fans....UK/Duke or KU, UNC---its a great game. Not great rivalries. Same with IU/KU, or IU/Duke---Great games. But not rivalries.

As for IU? Tons and tons of questions. Lots of talent, for sure. Getting Xavier Johnson back was huge. I think we are a certain NCAAT team. Where at though? Man I have no clue.
How you all replace TJD offense production will be very interesting to me

Define lately...

Past two seasons, meh----not so much.

As bad as IU has been, well we haven't seen 9-16.

PLus, IU has 2 NCAAT wins the past two years---UK has one. And IU has won two of the past 3 meetings...

But I am sure you're talking more in terms of last couple decades. In that case---You are right.

Glad to see the game back. Good old fashion rivalry..
How about since the first Bush? Lol. Is that lately enough?

Or we can do 2000 so you at least have a final four?

By winning? Storming the court?

Grow up..
And you know full well that’s not what we are griping about. This is why this series never should have been brought back. We have to deal with your fans. Check the H2H, UK isn’t afraid of IU.

I don't have an issue. We shouldn't be afraid to play anyone because we MIGHT lose. It will also shut some of the fan base up that said, "CaL kIlLeD tHat SeRiEs!" Lots of things to be pissed at Cal about but that ain't one of them.
Doesn't Cal dictate our non conference games though?
He also shut down all the tournaments we used to play in. no more Maui Invitational, no PK80, no Battle for Atlantis and no pre season NIT. Cal shut those down and it's simply to cater to his "we're too young" crap.

I don't know what happened in 2011 in that game at Ass Hall, but obviously it was way worse than what Cal typically hears and sees when he goes on the road, but dude did shut the IU series down.

Not your board “than”.
Take a poll Professor.

I notice you don’t have many likes, at all. Worried nobody give a **** about what you think? I would worry too if I were you. You most certainly don’t speak for the majority, judging by my fellows posters opinions of what you post.

And the rebuttals of “rah rah, rah I’ve been on this board way before likes” blah blah blah.

The way I see it, in two more years we will have officially reached Indiana status, so this should be good for deciding who’s not the most irrelevant program. That said, MB should have never allowed this to happen after what happened to the fans. Like always, I guess the TV money eventually won out.
That's absolute garbage. They haven't been to a final four in 20 years. TWENTY. Yeah we're coming up on a decade, but theirs is still DOUBLE.
We're down by our standards but the largest gap UK had in FFs is 8 years. So, yes, we are down. But IU is a completely different level of suck.

And you know full well that’s not what we are griping about. This is why this series never should have been brought back. We have to deal with your fans. Check the H2H, UK isn’t afraid of IU.
Were you at the game? C'mon, bro. Game was 10+ years ago. BUnch of students acting like , well, students. Its weird---UK won by 20 in Bloomington on 2009, and there were absolutely no issues. Odd.....

No one said nor insinuated that UK was afraid----thsts just dumb. But I do feel there are a few of you tht couldn't handle losing to Indiana.

Have a good night

Doesn't Cal dictate our non conference games though?
He also shut down all the tournaments we used to play in. no more Maui Invitational, no PK80, no Battle for Atlantis and no pre season NIT. Cal shut those down and it's simply to cater to his "we're too young" crap.

I don't know what happened in 2011 in that game at Ass Hall, but obviously it was way worse than what Cal typically hears and sees when he goes on the road, but dude did shut the IU series down.
I think there's a difference between killing a series for safety and how we were treated, and killing a series because it was tradition (which ABSOLUTELY has been pitched around here.) Cal has a lot to answer for, this just isn't one of them.

I wish we would go back to the Maui. The rest I couldn't care less about.

That's absolute garbage. They haven't been to a final four in 20 years. TWENTY. Yeah we're coming up on a decade, but theirs is still DOUBLE.
We're down by our standards but the largest gap UK had in FFs is 8 years. So, yes, we are down. But IU is a completely different level of suck.
1998=2011 in longer than 8...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT