ADVERTISEMENT

UK and IU schedule a 4 year series

Interesting. TWO games at Rupp before visiting that ramshackle barn in Bloomington. That definitely says it all about the relative prestige of the two programs. That's a deal you give Butler or maybe Xavier...

Cal has said he wouldn't go back to (dumb)ASS Hall...I wonder if pushing that out to five years from now may suggest Cal has privately told UK's leadership that will be the year after he departs...

As for playing Indiana, Meh. Kentucky has nothing to gain. It's a program that has gotten past the Sweet 16 ONCE since the year the FIRST George Bush left office, and that was a fluke. IUseToBe has won nothing -- not even a Big Ten Tourney since Ronald Reagan was bullying Mikhail Gorbachev into taking down the Berlin Wall...Think about that...

Last edited:
Interesting. Cal has said he wouldnt go back to (dumb)ASS Hall...I wonder if pushing that out to five years from now suggests CAl has privately told them that will be the year after he departs...

As for playing Indiana, Meh. Kentucky has nothing to gain. It's a program that has gotten past the Sweet 16 ONCE since the year the FIRST George Bush left office, and that was a fluke. IUseToBe has won nothing -- not even a Big Ten Tourney since Ronald Reagan was bullying Mikhail Gorbachev into taking down the Berlin Wall...Think about that...
His contract is thru 2028 iirc.

Interesting. Cal has said he wouldnt go back to (dumb)ASS Hall...I wonder if pushing that out to five years from now may suggest Cal has privately told UK's leadership that will be the year after he departs...

I don't have an issue. We shouldn't be afraid to play anyone because we MIGHT lose. It will also shut some of the fan base up that said, "CaL kIlLeD tHat SeRiEs!" Lots of things to be pissed at Cal about but that ain't one of them.

Interesting. Cal has said he wouldnt go back to (dumb)ASS Hall...I wonder if pushing that out to five years from now may suggest Cal has privately told UK's leadership that will be the year after he departs...

I’m still not convinced Cal will be here next season.

Reactions: KYExtemper
And I asked you why I should like it. It doesn't gain us anything to give in and finally play this game. To hell with Indiana. That trash doesn't deserve to play us. How's that?
Thank you. That was an actual adult answer to a question.

Personally, when you see garbage laying on the road you pick it up and put it in its place. Which is what we should to do Indiana.

I really don’t care about this one. Plenty of other teams I’d rather do a home/home series.
Somewhat agree. But the ones we want to do a home and home with are tied up in other ventures with us (ACC/SEC challenge- Duke/UNC) and Champions Classic (KU). That would leave like UCLA or UCONN. Which I'd be all in favor of either.

There's still the issue with their fanbase. I'm sorry, but that's still a problem until proven otherwise.

I personally don't like when my teams play opponents who prioritize beating Kentucky over simply being a good team (IU in 2012 for example). Our rivals need to be teams who want to beat us, because we are competition for the same title.. not teams whose sole identity is about trying to punk UK.

Somewhat agree. But the ones we want to do a home and home with are tied up in other ventures with us (ACC/SEC challenge- Duke/UNC) and Champions Classic (KU). That would leave like UCLA or UCONN. Which I'd be all in favor of either.
I’d take a home/home with Purdue or Butler over IU. Hoosiers in this day and age are just meh. I get the historical aspect, but this series does nothing for me. They are so far down the pecking order for home/home.

Reactions: jmw23712
I’d take a home/home with Purdue or Butler over IU. Hoosiers in this day and age are just meh. I get the historical aspect, but this series does nothing for me. They are so far down the pecking order for home/home.
Purdue wouldn't be too bad I guess. Butler doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. We have no real rivalry there, nor any kind of historical matches. We've played them 4 times with the last time being in 82. And we've essentially beaten the tar out of them. Meh.

I get IU is kinda the same way right now. But it's been a border rival for a long time and the fan bases do NOT care for each other, so, I'm always down to put IU in its place.

Reactions: Fox2monk
IU swept PU last year and have won 3 of the last 4. Butler is clawing back to mediocrity, but okay.

I get IU is kinda the same way right now. But it's been a border rival for a long time and the fan bases do NOT care for each other, so, I'm always down to put IU in its place.

I did enjoy seeing a woman in Target throw a fit because all they had was UK and UofL stuff stocked. Yeah I live in Indiana but its right across the river from Louisville. Nobody here cares about IU.

IU swept PU last year and have won 3 of the last 4. Butler is clawing back to mediocrity, but okay.
Oh wow, I had no idea iu won 3 of the last 4 vs Purdue. That changes everything. Where can I get my pop corn box? Is the banner going up at the start of the season? IU sure knows how to celebrate regular season wins!

Give those hilljacks something to look forward to. Personally I couldn’t care either way. We are closer to being Indiana than we are to being the badass Kentucky Wildcats we used to be. I see nothing to gain from playing them but then I could say that about 1/2 the teams on our OOC schedule. Just don’t make it one of those Sunday night at 5pm games. The worst!

I grew up on this game, It was always big with UK and IU friends and family getting together to watch it. It keeps the spirit of traditional rivalries alive in a time where conferences don’t make sense anymore. I’m all for it. If Cal recruits like he should and actually comes up with a game plan then we shouldn’t worry about a loss.

Last edited:
I grew up on this game, I was always big with UK and IU friends and family getting together to watch it. It keeps the spirit of traditional rivalries alive in a time where conferences don’t make sense anymore. I’m all for it. If Cal recruits like he should and actually feel ops a game plan then we shouldn’t worry about a loss.
My feelings precisely.

This is Kentucky; we take on all comers and challengers.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT