ADVERTISEMENT

UK and IU schedule a 4 year series

Not surprising pretty much everything the basketball team does these days I didn’t agree with you. It’s a direct reflection of Cal

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cal has said he doesn't really take rivalries (or records, win streaks, traditions, etc.) seriously - but then again he has said everything to accommodate every situation (Politician > Coach). If we win - he gets to boast - if we lose - it's not a big deal to him - he's above it all and he as a "bigger picture" plan for his team. Yes I am over him and IU. This is just sad - but must have made $-sense to the AD's.

As others have well said - there is no redeeming value to this deal for UK - only negative consequences - nothing to gain. Hate that we have rewarded IU - not that UK has been in fire of recent with Cal - very mediocre results. A couple of middle of the road teams reaching for relevance.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue. We shouldn't be afraid to play anyone because we MIGHT lose. It will also shut some of the fan base up that said, "CaL kIlLeD tHat SeRiEs!" Lots of things to be pissed at Cal about but that ain't one of them.
"Nothing to gain" and you translated that "afraid to lose?" LOL

None of his reasons equate to fear of losing. Where in the world did you get that.

IU doesn't DESERVE to play us. That's the reason. Screw the Loosiers.

Reactions: struggler
Most people in Indiana feel the same as you do when it comes to the HS Basketball, Why are we still playing That trash of basketball All stars in the state of KY. Also, Think its a good time to start playing you again, I mean Hell what have you done lately with the Number 1 Recruiting class year after year..
Oh man, you really got us with this one. [laughing]

If Lucas Oil was a 50/50 split, that would make it something to look forward to. Although what's to keep Cat fans from buying IU's allotment?

Reactions: SosaUK1987
Most people in Indiana feel the same as you do when it comes to the HS Basketball, Why are we still playing That trash of basketball All stars in the state of KY. Also, Think its a good time to start playing you again, I mean Hell what have you done lately with the Number 1 Recruiting class year after year..
Hey corn hick, I was at that game and had sodas and popcorn thrown on me. Don't tell me about unruly crowds. That 2011 crowd was dangerous. One of my friends got hurt at that game. I'd like to take a policeman's night stick and some brass knuckles to each and every IU fan that was in that crowd. Yeah, I'm still a little bitter over it.

Thank you. That was an actual adult answer to a question.

Personally, when you see garbage laying on the road you pick it up and put it in its place. Which is what we should to do Indiana.
I generally like you and agree with most of your stuff. We disagree on this one.

We only play UofL because the governor made it so. They are undeserving too.
"Nothing to gain" and you translated that "afraid to lose?" LOL

None of his reasons equate to fear of losing. Where in the world did you get that.

IU doesn't DESERVE to play us. That's the reason. Screw the Loosiers.
IU fans are all over social media today saying Kentucky is scared. Let's take care of business and go drub them by 30 and shut them up forever. Besides, we owe them for that BS in the 2016 tourney.

Playing Indiana is such a waste of a good non conference game. I can think of 20 other programs I'd rather us have a home & home with. And they'd all be more deserving. IU is like playing Rutgers, UK gains nothing from it
Yup.

Hate renewing the series. But love this pic.

Playing IU the last gm of the series at Ass Hat Hall is an accident waiting to happen.
We clearly punished them for the BS in ‘12 by ending the series and giving them only 1 gm of the 4 in the new series at Ass Hat Hall.
Prob is after we wax that Hoosier ass 4 straight yrs they will pull the same crap as before causing UK to shut the series down maybe forever.

The way they treated UK fans and players the last time in Bloomington was atrocious. Worst fans anywhere and it was a dangerous environment for our fans and players. Hope they take measures to have no repeat of that.

17 years will have passed. Freshmen playing n that game would have been 1 years old or less in 2011. Here is hoping it's improved.

Reactions: ORCAT
There's still the issue with their fanbase. I'm sorry, but that's still a problem until proven otherwise.

I personally don't like when my teams play opponents who prioritize beating Kentucky..
It’s called a RIVALRY. They hate us; we hate them. Quit being a baby.

Reactions: Middawg
Playing IU the last gm of the series at Ass Hat Hall is an accident waiting to happen.
We clearly punished them for the BS in ‘12 by ending the series and giving them only 1 gm of the 4 in the new series at Ass Hat Hall.
Prob is after we wax that Hoosier ass 4 straight yrs they will pull the same crap as before causing UK to shut the series down maybe forever.
Well, if they do, then we can shut them up saying "Look, we tried." Personally I'd have been fine with a 2 game series, one here, one there.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Great for CBB...

If you don't think this game will have a huge audience---well, I have nothing for you.

Hate Indiana or not, this is a game that should be played every single year. Great fan bases, great traditions. There was nothing better than FH being split---best atmosphere I have ever been in.

Saying UK has nothing to lose is silly. This isn't Evansville. IU is a consensus Top 50 KP/NET game. To sau its meaningless is letting your hatred get in the way.

Wife and I are loving it. Some of our best hoops memories are when IU/UK would play. Lots of fun.

Well, if they do, then we can shut them up saying "Look, we tried." Personally I'd have been fine with a 2 game series, one here, one there.
Just saying if you are a UK fan headed to the lone game in the 4 gm set in Ass Hat Hall be prepared to throw hands.

Why would you do this? What’s to gain if your UK. It sucks! I hate the IU program more than any other. I will not forget what happened in the barn in Bloomington. Too bad Mr. B and coach have. It is still truly unforgivable, years later. Dumb in my opinion and don’t care where they play… Bloomington, Indy, Lex or wherever… I would have never gave that degenerate program the pleasure.

After the way their fans treated our fans in ASSembly Fall, I wouldn't play them again unless they were on fire and I could piss on them. (they were on fire from the neck down and I could piss on their heads.)

Yea this is stupid. Even more dumb is Cal acting like he wanted it to continue, he was the reason it ended.

Reactions: The Snoke
Great for CBB...

If you don't think this game will have a huge audience---well, I have nothing for you.

Hate Indiana or not, this is a game that should be played every single year. Great fan bases, great traditions. There was nothing better than FH being split---best atmosphere I have ever been in.

Saying UK has nothing to lose is silly. This isn't Evansville. IU is a consensus Top 50 KP/NET game. To sau its meaningless is letting your hatred get in the way.

Wife and I are loving it. Some of our best hoops memories are when IU/UK would play. Lots of fun.
No, it shouldn’t. You and your ilk ****ed it up. Cal is an idiot.

Interesting. TWO games at Rupp before visiting that ramshackle barn in Bloomington. That definitely says it all about the relative prestige of the two programs. That's a deal you give Butler or maybe Xavier...

Cal has said he wouldn't go back to (dumb)ASS Hall...I wonder if pushing that out to five years from now may suggest Cal has privately told UK's leadership that will be the year after he departs...

As for playing Indiana, Meh. Kentucky has nothing to gain. It's a program that has gotten past the Sweet 16 ONCE since the year the FIRST George Bush left office, and that was a fluke. IUseToBe has won nothing -- not even a Big Ten Tourney since Ronald Reagan was bullying Mikhail Gorbachev into taking down the Berlin Wall...Think about that...
And what have we done lately?

Of course you would. It was one of the best rivalry games in basketball for a long time.
If we're Kentucky we should welcome the opportunity to shut them up. Every single time.

If there ever was empirical evidence that you cannot make everyone happy, one need only look at BBN.
I’d say like 80 percent at least of UK fans don’t want this game happening so you are right, unfortunately the 20 percent win this one. And 20 percent is most likely pushing it to the extreme.

The way I see it, in two more years we will have officially reached Indiana status, so this should be good for deciding who’s not the most irrelevant program. That said, MB should have never allowed this to happen after what happened to the fans. Like always, I guess the TV money eventually won out.

Reactions: The Snoke
It’s called a RIVALRY. They hate us; we hate them. Quit being a baby.

Hasn't been much of a rivalry in recent decades.

Kentucky doesn't exist to help its rivals from the 80s climb back into prominence. And we certainly shouldn't go to their place and face what we faced in the 2010s, putting our players and fans in harms way, just as some favor for the sake of your beloved rivalry.

I have no problem playing Kansas Duke and UNC every year. They are better opponents (generally) and they are on our level. Indiana just isn't right now. When they can prove to have some staying power AND clean up their home arena, then I'm fine playing them.

• Love
Hasn't been much of a rivalry in recent decades.

Kentucky doesn't exist to help its rivals from the 80s climb back into prominence. And we certainly shouldn't go to their place and face what we faced in the 2010s, putting our players and fans in harms way, just as some favor for the sake of your beloved rivalry.

I have no problem playing Kansas Duke and UNC every year. They are better opponents (generally) and they are on our level. Indiana just isn't right now. When they can prove to have some staying power AND clean up their home arena, then I'm fine playing them.
It will be 13 years. A lot of those people are gone and most have let it go.

The way I see it, in two more years we will have officially reached Indiana status, so this should be good for deciding who’s not the most irrelevant program. That said, MB should have never allowed this to happen after what happened to the fans. Like always, I guess the TV money eventually won out.
You got it. There is a lot of money behind this. Nothing more. Thanks MB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT