ADVERTISEMENT

UK a #8 seed in early bracketology. Too high? Too low?

Very difficult to say because of all the unknowns still. How will the freshmen play? Will there be any late transfers added to the roster? How good will the other top SEC teams be this year? What non SEC teams will Ky play this year and how good will they be? Bracketologies before anyone has played a single game, and some rosters not fully set are kind of silly, but can still be fun to look at and discuss.

Very difficult to say because of all the unknowns still. How will the freshmen play? Will there be any late transfers added to the roster? How good will the other top SEC teams be this year? What non SEC teams will Ky play this year and how good will they be? Bracketologies before anyone has played a single game, and some rosters not fully set are kind of silly, but can still be fun to look at and discuss.
Not any transfers left.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Finally a team worth watching now. Instead of the nobody's 25 old dudes running on a court.

I think about the 2013 team and the 2018. Without Reeves we’re similar to both.

The guard play is better than 2013. And that team was probably going to make the field if not for the Noel injury. But the SEC was very weak that year. by the end of the season i think only Florida was ranked.

And we don’t have an SGA level talent coming in.

The schedule appears to be brutal as the SEC just keeps getting stronger. Ole Miss won’t be a gimme anymore with Beard taking over. And a lot of other teams stacked up from the transfer portal.

I think the ceiling for this team in the regular season is a 6 seed. No Reeves and i truly believe we are going to struggle to make the field. We might struggle to make it WITH Reeves. I just don’t trust teams that are completely run by freshman.

I think an 8 seed is playing it safe as far as a prediction because if we do make it, it’s going to be a low seed and a bad draw.

Not really. It actually should have been thought about 3 months ago but cal just leaves everything to chance doesn’t adhere to any end goal just rolls em out. Jig is up. If we are an 8 seed cal will be booed out of rupp. I promise.
Call finally brought in talent for this coming season. We'll be a 2-3 seed but it will be a lot of close wins. We'll lose 6-9 games but we'll be clearly a top 10 team though out. Maybe lose a few be ranked around 15th but they'll turn it on and get it by late January.

I think about the 2013 team and the 2018. Without Reeves we’re similar to both.

The guard play is better than 2013. And that team was probably going to make the field if not for the Noel injury. But the SEC was very weak that year. by the end of the season i think only Florida was ranked.

And we don’t have an SGA level talent coming in.

The schedule appears to be brutal as the SEC just keeps getting stronger. Ole Miss won’t be a gimme anymore with Beard taking over. And a lot of other teams stacked up from the transfer portal.

I think the ceiling for this team in the regular season is a 6 seed. No Reeves and i truly believe we are going to struggle to make the field. We might struggle to make it WITH Reeves. I just don’t trust teams that are completely run by freshman.

I think an 8 seed is playing it safe as far as a prediction because if we do make it, it’s going to be a low seed and a bad draw.
In 2018 we didn’t have a SGA level talent coming on. Lol. No know knew he would blow up like that. Hopefully this team has some surprises but SGA is a great example of a guy who never contributed at UK the way he was capable of.

Is that what you call UK fans now?

I always know I won when the personal attacks start.

Tells me you got nothing else.

You must live a miserable life.
Stating our current roster will be a 1 seed. You are either a troll or an idiot. That’s not name calling just an observation. You didn’t win shit, don’t even know what that means 😂. Not speaking for the OP you eluded too but I got plenty but you literally have Jack shit other than hyperbole. This current roster is a bubble team and likely not even a 1 seed in the NIT, much less THE DANCE!!!

We just don’t know. This team could be a 1 seed or fail to make the tourney. Just too many unknowns.

But having known commodities hasn’t helped us the last two seasons.

Might as well ride or die with some talent. Experience didn’t help us the last two season.

Sounds about right. Except for '20 Cal is never as bad as we expect. And never good unless his team is just STACKED. Not '23 "stacked." STACKED.

Based on how other teams loaded with freshmen were rated in the preseason I would say too low but who knows what to expect. UK and Duke have both had teams that their primary players were going to be freshmen and they were preseason top 10 so to say this team is an 8 seed is saying they are barely if in the top 25 at all. That seems to be very pessimistic based on past projections of other teams.

I’ll be happy to make the tournament the way the last three years have gone.
Two years ago was a very good team, played the middle 3rd of the season as one of the 2-3 best teams in the country. Then injuries hit, Cal didn't develop the depth counting on guys to return to where they were pre-injury.
So yes that was a historically bad loss for UK, but still a good team. But that team (and historically bad loss) came the season after the historically bad season! And last year wasn't a bad team, but a notch below where should have been.
And I'll never "be happy just to make the tournament" as a UK fan. That is what fans of mediocre P5 schools do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT