ADVERTISEMENT

UK #16 in new AP

Must take care of business now that we did not before. If not for UNCW, UF, Gonz and LSU, we'd be sitting with 4 losses and ranked about 5 or so with a 3 seed locked up, perhaps going after a 2. But I like how we are trending.

Kind of wild that #4-11 all have the same record.
There is very little difference in resumes from 4-20. So not just UK, but if any team in the high-Teens runs the table the next 3 weeks (except St. Marys, Dayton or SD St), they likely have at least a 3 seed, possibly a 2-seed.

Must take care of business now that we did not before. If not for UNCW, UF, Gonz and LSU, we'd be sitting with 4 losses and ranked about 5 or so with a 3 seed locked up, perhaps going after a 2. But I like how we are trending.
If we only had 4 losses we'd be the final 1 seed. UNC was the final one seed when it came out, nobody except the 3 pretty much guaranteed 1 seeds only have 4 losses or less. Wouldn't have the quad 3 loss, no quad 2 losses, a better quad 1 record. A 2 seed would be the bare minimum without those eggs getting laid.

Reactions: jedwar and KYFOSSIL
There is very little difference in resumes from 4-20. So not just UK, but if any team in the high-Teens runs the table the next 3 weeks (except St. Marys, Dayton or SD St), they likely have at least a 3 seed, possibly a 2-seed.
Right now I just want to see UK put together more than 2 wins in a row since we haven't done that since January 10th.

Glad to see the Bama W outweighed the LSU L. Had we closed out the LSU game we’d likely be 8-12 range
The LSU loss was a result of an awful three or so minutes of basketball while the Bama win 30 minutes of domination, so the win should outweigh the loss.

If we could just put together a run and win these last 4 and the sec tourney we could still get a 3 seed and possibly make it out of the first weekend in the tourney.

Reactions: TFCats11
UTs last 4 games.

Auburn, at bama, At sc and UK.

As much as I hate them if they go 3 and 1 down that stretch they should get the last 1 seed.
Agreed. However, they’ll most likely give it to the cheats. Talk getting louder of them being that last 1 seed. I don’t see it, but they’ll absolutely be gifted that if anyway possible.

If we had 4 losses right now, we’d all but have a 1 seed wrapped up with the way things have played out this year.

Reactions: jedwar
Jk5DpVa.png

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Although it’s fun for fans and sportswriters to talk about rankings, I just hope our Cats put on blinders and focus on the next game. Disassociate themselves from all the noise out there.
Not a whole lot of room left to make a statement other than obliterating the next opponent.

Reactions: westerncat
Why the hell does Duke have five affiliated voters, but Kentucky doesn't even have one?
Yeah, I had the same thought. I’ve never paid attention to it, but kind of shocking UK doesn’t have one, especially when you see some of the other schools on it.

Reactions: ThunderMash
Get over that MSU hump and we have two easy home games where Mitchell can continue to heal. We won't need him.
He mght be ready for UT or at least the SECT.
I get what you’re saying and agree however this team is all over the place in how they play. There’s no such thing as a guaranteed easy games.

For standings it’s about right. For rankings it’s not.

UK is a top 4 team.

There’s not 4 teams better than UK right now.

Reactions: Cat06
LOL, for every dolt who did not rank UK, you have these fine guys / gals :

Davin Jablonski - Cox Media Group (Dayton) UK 10th
Bob Holt - Arkansas Democratic Post (Arkansas) 10th
Rodd Baxley - Fayetteville Observer (Duke / UNC) 11th
Jeff Welsch - Lee Enterprises (Washington State) 11th
Jon Wilner - San Jose News (San Jose St.) 12th
Bruce Pascoe - Arizona Daily News (Arizona) 12th
Luca Evans - Southern Cali News Group (USC) - 12th
Kate Rogerson - WTVD (Duke) 13th
Lauren Walsh - WSTM (Syracuse) 13th
Chad Listikow - Des Moines Register (Iowa) 13th
Stephan Krajisnik - Clarion Ledger (Miss State) 13th
Kellis Robinett - Wichita Eagle (K-State) 13th
Donna Ditota - Syracuse Post Standard - (Syracuse) 13th

I like their thinking. Keep it up guys and gals. Several others has UK 14th.

Creighton went 1-1 losing to non tournament St John's and moved up 3 spots (Winning over UCONN sure carried some wieght)

UTs last 4 games.

Auburn, at bama, At sc and UK.

As much as I hate them if they go 3 and 1 down that stretch they should get the last 1 seed.
Why do I see us getting UNC as our 1 seed and we end their 4 seed and we meet in the Sweet Sixteen?

You know CBS wants it.

Still not good enough for Illinois' Scott Richey to rank us. LOL What is wrong with that guy? At least the other two clowns from last week that didn't have us ranked now have us ranked.
That Scott Rickey dumbass thinks Illinois could get a 1 seed if they run the table.

Why do I see us getting UNC as our 1 seed and we end their 4 seed and we meet in the Sweet Sixteen?

You know CBS wants it.
What's the rule on when a rematch can take place? I know they can't in the 1st round, but cant remember where the line is drawn.

What's the rule on when a rematch can take place? I know they can't in the 1st round, but cant remember where the line is drawn.
I think it only applies to in-conference matchups. For example, we played Indiana in a rematch in 2012 in the Sweet Sixteen, UCLA in a rematch in the 2017 Sweet Sixteen, etc. I think it only applies to the first two rounds for in-conference teams,

If teams plays each other once in the season they can play as early as the 2nd round.
If teams plays each other twice in the season they can't play each other until the Sweet 16
If teams play each other three times in the season they can't play each other until the Elite 8.

If teams from the same conference are a top 4 seed they all have to be in different regions (unless there are 5+ teams from the same conference obviously)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT