ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky up to 17 in both AP and Coaches Polls

Yet no consideration for the last 1 seed.

Why?

Arizona plays n a high school conference.
I got nothing for you on that one. SEC doesn’t get the benefit like other conferences. I feel like I’ve watched the B10 beat up on each other with no real drops for losses for years, must be nice.

What could've been. With defense like the last two games all season we'd only have probably 1-2 losses. It is what it is but I'm liking where we're at right now. Looking more like a complete team. The Auburn game has me excited for March.

I got nothing for you on that one. SEC doesn’t get the benefit like other conferences. I feel like I’ve watched the B10 beat up on each other with no real drops for losses for years, must be nice.
Around late January there was an article on my phone news feed about something saying "has the B12 learned to game the seeding system?" I badly wanted to read it, but it was a paid article (I don't pay for my news).

I would garner it's to do with these teams / conferences figuring out the NET and then scheduling to essentially manipulate the rankings. Not sure how that can be done, but maybe I can find that article.

Because it's more fun to be optimistic and it does legitimately look like the defense turned the corner the last two games:

UConn last year in this same week's AP poll was #18 (20-7)

Uu8c4zI.png

BTW, how good of a coach is Kelvin Sampson. Rarely mentioned when talking about the best coaches in college basketball. If he could have just stayed off the damn telephone when he wasn't supposed to be on it, I think his career, and potentially Indiana basketball, would look completely different.

Reactions: WildcatNC
Great visual.

Two things I noticed. 1) the amount of Duke love for the top 5 is way too high, and 2) I love the two salty IU writers still ranking UK in the 20s.
The worst are the Illinois writers. One has us ranked at 25 and another (Scott Richey) doesn't even have us ranked. What a bunch of clowns. There's also a Baylor writer (Brice Cherry) that doesn't even have us ranked.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
The worst are the Illinois writers. One has us ranked at 25 and another (Scott Richey) doesn't even have us ranked. What a bunch of clowns. There's also a Baylor writer (Brice Cherry) that doesn't even have us ranked.
Or the other Illinois writer leaving us completely out.

if we beat Bama ( which is BY FAR THE HARDEST game left as we will win against UT ) then we will be around 10-12 next week. Honestly we are in good shape for a 3 seed if we only lose 1 more time . 2 seed would almost need to win out .
At UT is a much harder game than home against Bama. It would even be harder on a neutral court. We can’t afford to blow any more home games.

Who has Duke beaten that’s good besides Baylor. ESPN said they have 5 quad 1 wins but besides Baylor I can’t see anyway they have that many

Reactions: Fox2monk
The Wake Forest, VT
Who has Duke beaten that’s good besides Baylor. ESPN said they have 5 quad 1 wins but besides Baylor I can’t see anyway they have that many
Wake Forest, VT, Pitt, NC state, and Clemson on the road are all considered Quad 1 wins. I made a post yesterday about all the cheap Quad 1 wins some of these conferences have especially Big East. Big East has teams that are 13-12 on the season who are considered Quad 1 wins. Its a flawed system.

Win out an win SECT we are a 2 seed and maybe a bottom 1 seed with a little help. I think we're a likely 4 seed as we lose 2 more ......in UCONN region. Because they will screw us somehow

If we can close super strong a 2 seed is in play. It's been a bloodbath for ranked teams this year. There will be some more losses in the latter half of the top 10. Will take some luck and help though.

3 seed is very attainable if we finish strong. Get that SEC bye and a 3 seed. That's a damn good outcome considering the last few weeks.

Just want to avoid the 1 seeds until the E8 and we have as good a shot as any.

Have you seen some of these quad 1 wins out there some teams are like 14-10. Hell Ohio State was a quad 1 opportunity for Indiana last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT