ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo is a beast!!!

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
F##king idiots!!! I told you all this year he is a liability on both ends. Z would do something good and go out after less than a minute. Ugo= quick exit!!!!!!!!

Down 8 got it to 2-3 by the time Cal figures it out its over. That and DJ was too much. Cal is the worse coach of a contending blue blood in history. So sorry for those that wasted their money in Nashville. Fire Cal now!!!

I was yelled at after the Tennessee win by a lot of people on here. When I said Ugo cannot play 30 plus minutes a game, whether you see it as oh well, we go with the center who is hot. He has hands of stone. He is horrible, cannot grab a rebound, cannot score. He sucks! Z gets jerked in and out of the game with such a horrible flow. I'm surprised he does as well as he does.

Cows lineups are death. We are fighting down 6. He puts a lineup in of Bradshaw, Mitchell, DJ, Edwards and Reeves WTF!!!???

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I was yelled at after the Tennessee win by a lot of people on here. When I said Ugo cannot play 30 plus minutes a game, whether you see it as oh well, we go with the center who is hot. He has hands of stone. He is horrible, cannot grab a rebound, cannot score. He sucks! Z gets jerked in and out of the game with such a horrible flow. I'm surprised he does as well as he does.

Cows lineups are death. We are fighting down 6. He puts a lineup in of Bradshaw, Mitchell, DJ, Edwards and Reeves WTF!!!???
He played 18 minutes yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
I either commented or started a thread 2 months ago that said this “ as long as Ugo is our starting C and plays 20-30 min a game this team is going no where “ and I’m not always right .. that’s certain , but I’ve nailed a bunch of shit sandwich’s served up by Big Benny Cal , and this is another

Ugo isn’t great, but you watched Z get torched and look absolutely lost defensively and think that’s the answer. Kentuckys best bet is going back to small ball with Mitchell at the 5 and just saying f it

Mitchell is bad right now, but z is the worst defender in college basketball, he has no clue what is going on and is lost 95 percent of the time
Just curious , at what level have you played or coached basketball? Or you just using hyperbole to make a point ? Z is by far .. far , our best option at the 5 ..if he hadn’t been buried by Big Benny Cal he might understand how to compete in the paint by now . Running Ugo out there to start is Lance Ware level bad .

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Z is the best center we have. Analytics and the eye test back this up. I'd say he's a little less capable defensively than Ugo but his offense is lightyears ahead. It's hard to watch Ugo fumble every pass that comes his way.
Z is the worst defender in the team, yes he has offensive upside, but he is the worst defender by a significant margin. The reality is Kentucky doesn’t have a great option in the frontcourt, all 4 options have clear problems

Just curious , at what level have you played or coached basketball? Or you just using hyperbole to make a point ? Z is by far .. far , our best option at the 5 ..if he hadn’t been buried by Big Benny Cal he might understand how to compete in the paint by now . Running Ugo out there to start is Lance Ware level bad .
I played high school ball, had a chance at NAIA but some outside shit stopped that. Anyways. What does Z offer besides offense on a team that is loaded offensively? What is z offering? Ugo isn’t great either, Mitchell isn’t great, and Bradshaw isn’t great, all four are not great options. Z is lost on defense every time

Fwiw the squad I played with in the 80s was state ranked , in HS , won a region my Jr year and the year after I graduated . Sadly Drew the eventual state champ in round one both years ( Henry Clay and Hoptown ) 83 and 85 .

Z is the worst defender in the team, yes he has offensive upside, but he is the worst defender by a significant margin. The reality is Kentucky doesn’t have a great option in the frontcourt, all 4 options have clear problems
He had 3 blocks yesterday. He gets scored on alot but who on this team doesn't? We'll go as far as our offense takes us, and Ugo is a huge liability offensively. I think Z gives you the most balance at center.

He had 3 blocks yesterday. He gets scored on alot but who on this team doesn't? We'll go as far as our offense takes us, and Ugo is a huge liability offensively. I think Z gives you the most balance at center.
Whatever frontcourt option Kentucky chooses they are in trouble, all 4 aren’t very good right now

Reactions: catben
I played high school ball, had a chance at NAIA but some outside shit stopped that. Anyways. What does Z offer besides offense on a team that is loaded offensively? What is z offering? Ugo isn’t great either, Mitchell isn’t great, and Bradshaw isn’t great, all four are not great options. Z is lost on defense every time
Z is a great passer , not good for a 5 , great .. and he makes the other three guards even better offensively with the spacing he creates . And he will fight — go back and watch the Miss st game at MSU .. he banged a bunch , and we need to stop giving the guards a pass on how incredibly bad on D they are .. they are creating these problems on the bigs many times

Fwiw the squad I played with in the 80s was state ranked , in HS , won a region my Jr year and the year after I graduated . Sadly Drew the eventual state champ in round one both years ( Henry Clay and Hoptown ) 83 and 85 .
We made regions every year but we were always to small to seriously challenge

Reactions: ManitouDan
Z is a great passer , not good for a 5 , great .. and he makes the other three guards even better offensively with the spacing he creates . And he will fight — go back and watch the Miss st game at MSU .. he banged a bunch , and we need to stop giving the guards a pass on how incredibly bad on D they are .. they are creating these problems on the bigs many times
The guards are bad to no doubt

Mitchell was BAD on defense yesterday too. He had the opportunity to draw a charge at the end when the A&M guard came at him in front of the goal but Mitchell left his feet and made a TERRIBLE attempt to get his hands up but drew an EASY foul call instead of planting his feet and setting up for the charge.

At least Z is LONG and has great hands. Poor Ugo is just TOO SLOOOOOOWWWW to react against quick Guards and athletic Wings. He got POSTERIZED by that one A&M dude!!

Sad that we have 3 7 footers and NONE of them can defend the rim adequately against ALL teams.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
All our guards, except DJ, stand up straight when guarding on the perimeter... they get blown by because of that fact. If it hasn't been fixed by now, it's not going to get fixed this year

Reactions: ManitouDan
Once again he was abused .. and once again Cal turns his back on Z .. he actually starts Aaron Bradshaw in half 2 .. and plays him 25 seconds . But no Z . Z wasnt great , but given more minutes would have far outproduced Ugo .

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
He never went small ball maybe we didn’t have a viable 7 footer tonight!! Their big guy was 6’6” just had to put Tre at center and run 4 guards but noooo! We had 7 footers in and still couldn’t get rebounds dumb as hell!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT