ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler with 14 shots

Good things happen when the offense is run through Tyler and PJ.
Love our whole team, but Herro definitely feels like our most valuable player. Imagine we had Herro haters on here early in the year. The kid is a stud. Those 2 shots the same place falling away behind the backboard, awesome!

he was having games with 17 attempts and he wasn’t hitting 10 of them. 8-14 will do just fine if we’re going to play defense like cal wants us too. i think we’ll grind out the rest of our games from here on.

Reactions: coachcombs57
Cal has a hard time even complimenting Herro. Post game, he deflected giving Herro any props, just mentioned the missed layup and then changed the subject.

For some very odd reason I see that lack of appreciation from Cal towards Tyler also .. its not obvious , kinda between the Ines sort of thing , but Tyler was really really good again tonight and Cal should have nothing but praise for him .

Cal has a hard time even complimenting Herro. Post game, he deflected giving Herro any props, just mentioned the missed layup and then changed the subject.
I saw that.
Bradley was like he was 8-14 and that is over 50%

The last two weeks he has not complimented him. I would have to think if that was Hagans or KJ he would be singing their praises. That might sound crazy but my goodness...

Tyler does not need to shoot 22 times. That’s a recipe for a loss. 12-14 max is where he needs to be. Highly efficient scoring, he also impacts the game by passing well
We are undefeated when he scores 15 points or more a game.

He shoots 20 times and hits 15 you think that would be a recipe for a loss? I don’t and it would help out PJ

For some very odd reason I see that lack of appreciation from Cal towards Tyler also .. its not obvious , kinda between the Ines sort of thing , but Tyler was really really good again tonight and Cal should have nothing but praise for him .

I have noticed this as well. I don't know for certain ,obviously, but i think cal is doing this on purpose. Im pretty sure hes got a mental approach with Tyler. He knows that Hero is an alpha and doesn't want to heap too much praise on him. Tyler performs much better when he doesnt get "big headed". Confidence is great and i think Cal ia pushing him too his potential. When confidence turns into cockyness Tyler plays much less of an overall game. This kid is a straight baller. He will most likely have a long NBA career. You can find plenty of guys who can shoot like him but its hard finding those that also do as much as him in all other aspects. Tyler is a great team player. Its been a JOY to watch the kid grow into such a baller.

He’s done it with certain guys for years. Not sure why. There are also guys who he praises for doing 1-2 good things a game while they struggle the majority of it. You’d think there’s some sort of personality conflict but I’d say Cal knows his guys and is saying what he needs to get the most out of them. At least I hope.

I have noticed this as well. I don't know for certain ,obviously, but i think cal is doing this on purpose. Im pretty sure hes got a mental approach with Tyler. He knows that Hero is an alpha and doesn't want to heap too much praise on him. Tyler performs much better when he doesnt get "big headed". Confidence is great and i think Cal ia pushing him too his potential. When confidence turns into cockyness Tyler plays much less of an overall game. This kid is a straight baller. He will most likely have a long NBA career. You can find plenty of guys who can shoot like him but its hard finding those that also do as much as him in all other aspects. Tyler is a great team player. Its been a JOY to watch the kid grow into such a baller.
Cal is pushing Tyler to be the best version of himself. If he’d been praising him since the beginning of the year, Tyler would have thought he was doing enough and he wouldn’t be as good as he is now.

Do people STILL not get that everything Cal says in front of a camera is very calculated?

^^^This^^

People all year have said that Cal doesn’t like TH or he is pulling for such and such over him. That’s all silly and complete BS. Cal is a master motivator and he knows every kid is different and how to motivate them properly. He heaps praise on Nick & AH b/c they are not as confident in themselves and they need it.

He does the opposite with TH bc the kid is overflowing with confidence. There is a reason he plays better on the road in hostile environments. The guy thrives when he is challenged or when he is trying to prove himself.

It ain’t rocket science. But, some here struggle with basic common sense stuff.

Oh & BTW—this whole BS narrative that Cal doesn’t run plays for TH is laughable. He is BY FAR the player who is most targeted by the specific offensive plays. Not sure which games some of you are watching, but the ones UK is playing in TH gets a ton of opportunities. I don’t disagree that if he took a few more shots that would be potentially a good thing. But, that is more a function of TH being such an unselfish player, not Cal misusing him.

Since I am on a roll, please everyone stop with the AH not passing to Tyler on purpose nonsense. AH has struggled last 1/3 of the season—no doubt about that—but the assertion that he is somehow intentionally avoiding TH for selfish reasons is ridiculous.

Bash away.

Cal just might know a little about our players' personalities. Tyler seems to be a very confident young man and doesn't need a lot of reassurance.

Cal hates him and is trying to throw his game off. Remember when Cal yelled at him. If Cal liked him would he have done that? We had several guys not finish and I yelled

Reactions: blubo and Fox2monk
Cal is pushing Tyler to be the best version of himself. If he’d been praising him since the beginning of the year, Tyler would have thought he was doing enough and he wouldn’t be as good as he is now.

Do people STILL not get that everything Cal says in front of a camera is very calculated?

As someone who’s watched Cal very closely for years, and attended UM during his time there, it’s frustrating how many people don’t get the guy at all.

I saw that.
Bradley was like he was 8-14 and that is over 50%

The last two weeks he has not complimented him. I would have to think if that was Hagans or KJ he would be singing their praises. That might sound crazy but my goodness...
Coach Cal knows his players and what he needs to do that brings out the best. My guess is that Herro is a very confident player and so Cal doesn't need to "build him up" as much but rather keep him humble and hungry. Nick Richardson on the other hand strikes me as someone who needs encouragement and confidence.

He did the same thing with Josh Harrellson, without whom we wouldn't have went to the FF in 2011. Maybe he did that to a degree with Jamal Murray also.

Cal just might know a little about our players' personalities. Tyler seems to be a very confident young man and doesn't need a lot of reassurance.

No Tyler doesn't need promoted or for Cal to tell the world how great he is playing , but saying something complimentary wouldn't hurt . It was the negativity after the Ark game where Tyler single handily saved us , and Cal dogged him publicly to the media that irritated me . Was Derek Willis an " Alpha " ( god I hate that term) ? Thats the excuse for Cal raking TH over the coals

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Herro is a cocky guy and I love it. People like that have to be kept in check. I noticed our fans always freak out when Calipari dogs a white player

Reactions: mustnotsleepnow
^^^This^^

People all year have said that Cal doesn’t like TH or he is pulling for such and such over him. That’s all silly and complete BS. Cal is a master motivator and he knows every kid is different and how to motivate them properly. He heaps praise on Nick & AH b/c they are not as confident in themselves and they need it.

He does the opposite with TH bc the kid is overflowing with confidence. There is a reason he plays better on the road in hostile environments. The guy thrives when he is challenged or when he is trying to prove himself.

It ain’t rocket science. But, some here struggle with basic common sense stuff.

Oh & BTW—this whole BS narrative that Cal doesn’t run plays for TH is laughable. He is BY FAR the player who is most targeted by the specific offensive plays. Not sure which games some of you are watching, but the ones UK is playing in TH gets a ton of opportunities. I don’t disagree that if he took a few more shots that would be potentially a good thing. But, that is more a function of TH being such an unselfish player, not Cal misusing him.

Since I am on a roll, please everyone stop with the AH not passing to Tyler on purpose nonsense. AH has struggled last 1/3 of the season—no doubt about that—but the assertion that he is somehow intentionally avoiding TH for selfish reasons arei ridiculous.

Tyler plays a lot of minutes and is hardly ever taken out even if he makes a mistake. Cal rips him but leaves him in!!

Bash away.

Tyler is receiving a lot of publicity compared to the rest of the team,it is possible that Cal is trying to prevent anything that might effect team chemistry. We should all know that Cal has had confidence in Tyler by the fact he plays more minutes than anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT