ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Baron

Cody_Murphy30

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2019
Louisville
Tyler posted on Twitter this evening that he believes he’s made his decision. Any inclination on which way he might be leaning after this weekend?

I don't know, but the timing sounds bad. But maybe not, maybe he is smarter than a lot of our bandwagon fans and see where we are heading and what kind of talent AND coaches he would be playing with here. Wouldn't take much to be smarter than a lot of our fans.

Reactions: cat888 and JASUN74
Yes... didn't know that took l looked him up. They have different names.

It isn't his father, it is his step father------and if he works in Thug U's program and cares for his step son he probably would advise him to not go there. And if the son is a 5.9 as advertised his future earnings is probably more important than his fathers.

Reactions: cat888
It isn't his father, it is his step father------and if he works in Thug U's program and cares for his step son he probably would advise him to not go there. And if the son is a 5.9 as advertised his future earnings is probably more important than his fathers.
It is his father, just don't have the same last name. His mother still lives in Nashville but Tyler came to Knoxville to live with his dad and go to Knoxville Catholic High School which has been a breeding ground for Power 5 prospects the last few years. Rumor is mom and dad don't get along well.

No it’s his real father. His mom lives in Nashville. That’s why he attended Ensworth before transferring to Knox Catholic when he moved in with his father.

I thought he attended Brentwood Academy? Maybe his dad coached there before landing at UT? His cousin Woody Baron was a 3 year starter at VT.

I thought he attended Brentwood Academy? Maybe his dad coached there before landing at UT? His cousin Woody Baron was a 3 year starter at VT.
His dad coached there and Butch hired him for an off the field role. Pruitt retained him.

Tyler Baron is a Knoxville kid who can go anywhere he wants. UK has never been the favorite for Baron, and it has always been a long shot. There has never been a time when Baron seemed to be headed to UK. If UK were to get Baron's commitment, that would only happen because of the force of will of Vince Marrow. But UK has Rogers and Anaele. Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have.

Tyler Baron is a Knoxville kid who can go anywhere he wants. UK has never been the favorite for Baron, and it has always been a long shot. There has never been a time when Baron seemed to be headed to UK. If UK were to get Baron's commitment, that would only happen because of the force of will of Vince Marrow. But UK has Rogers and Anaele. Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have.

He has lived in Knoxville for a few years. Not really a Knoxville kid.

Woody is Tyler's brother. Patrick Abernathy (Tyler's dad) was at BA prior to going to UT. Tyler played middle school ball at BA, but then went to Ensworth and later Knox Catholic. His mom, Jessica, still lives in Nashville area. I know the family well and would be shocked if he went anywhere other than UT, but I've been shocked before with college football recruiting.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
Rybka wants a home visit from Pruitt? Thought Rybka shut down recruiting after OU visit...guess recruiting is never shut down until they sign, even then some schools like to use media to get a kid to transfer.

I guess he (Pruitt) was at Rybka's HS, rather than a home visit (my mistake). The emphasis seems to be on Pruitt's pursuit, rather than Rybka's wants.

Reactions: jauk11
I guess he (Pruitt) was at Rybka's HS, rather than a home visit (my mistake). The emphasis seems to be on Pruitt's pursuit, rather than Rybka's wants.
Rybka's HS was really bad, only won 1 or 2 games and were shut out like 5 times. Guess Rybka faced more than his share of triple teams.

Think UK just offered a '23, a QB, from the same town, not sure if it's the same school. Kid's probably shopping for a private school.

It is his father, just don't have the same last name. His mother still lives in Nashville but Tyler came to Knoxville to live with his dad and go to Knoxville Catholic High School which has been a breeding ground for Power 5 prospects the last few years. Rumor is mom and dad don't get along well.

I had read on here he was his step father, probably someone assumed that because of the different names.

So what is the story on the different names? If he was born with his father's name there has to be a story of why it is different now.

I had read on here he was his step father, probably someone assumed that because of the different names.

So what is the story on the different names? If he was born with his father's name there has to be a story of why it is different now.
He has his moms last name. His parents were never married. Kinda like Nigel Warrior is Dale Carter’s kid.

He has his moms last name. His parents were never married. Kinda like Nigel Warrior is Dale Carter’s kid.
Wasn't Carter and Jake Reed like half-brothers? Need a program to keep up with the cavorting in that family.

Stoops is already headed toward his best recruiting class. If he were to snag Baron, that would be another really big recruiting surprise.

I have my eye on DT Josaih Hayes now. Hayes just scheduled a visit to for December 6, shortly before the signing date. So far, it is the only campus visit he has scheduled. Seven SEC offers including LSU and Bama. He is being recruited by Coach Sumrall.

Wasn't Carter and Jake Reed like half-brothers? Need a program to keep up with the cavorting in that family.

I don't know how they are connected, but we have a Reed on our team who's dad was an NFLer who is a cousin to Warrior and both are cousins to a Gibbs who transferred from UGA to UT. Don't think he has played, maybe his waiver was denied. He couldn't crack the 3 deep with us in the secondary, not because he wasn't talented, because he enjoyed college life, ALOT.

Reactions: cat888
I thought it was good news to hear that Bembry has been moved inside. I hope he gets some snaps over the next couple of weeks.

I don't know, but the timing sounds bad. But maybe not, maybe he is smarter than a lot of our bandwagon fans and see where we are heading and what kind of talent AND coaches he would be playing with here. Wouldn't take much to be smarter than a lot of our fans.

I believed that a victory against UT was the only way that we would get the remaining players deciding between us and them.

I believed that a victory against UT was the only way that we would get the remaining players deciding between us and them.

Could be. I doubt that would have been a factor, but it is possible. Both Ox and Baron were reportedly strong UT leans. UT is trying to get back to what UK did last year. I doubt a UK win was going to be that great an influence. But, it’s possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT