ADVERTISEMENT

Two things for certain come Selection Sunday.

Weren’t we in the same region as overall # 1 Virginia and a very good Arizona (3 or 4 seed) just two years ago. Both lost but it was a brutal draw.
Maybe so. I don't remember each draw, but I remember that those brackets opened up for us sum which is maybe y I remember them as easier draws. Lord knows we fought WW3 to get #8....they aren't EVER gonna make it easy for us, and that's a fact.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
I just checked and we were. We were a 5 seed and Arizona was a 4. They were a terrible matchup for us. Tenn was the 3 and Cincy the 2. Virginia was the overall # 1. That was a brutal draw.

Maybe so. I don't remember each draw, but I remember that those brackets opened up for us sum which is maybe y I remember them as easier draws. Lord knows we fought WW3 to get #8....they aren't EVER gonna make it easy for us, and that's a fact.
The theory that there are easy brackets are bs. I can’t believe the crying U.K. fans do over this crap.

There’s no such thing as an easy draw in a single elimination tournament.

After the first round, they’re all land mines.

Reactions: Ed323232
Come tourney time, yes ur right, matchups get hard. But if u really don't think UK hasn't drawn ridiculous paths to the trophy, then nothing I say will change ur mind.
It’s more about how you match up with teams. All regions are hard.

The theory that there are easy brackets are bs. I can’t believe the crying U.K. fans do over this crap.

Look, it doesn’t happen every year, but there’s zero doubt that Duke often gets favorable draws. It’s happened far too many times for you not to see it. It’s not just UK fans. Fans of all other teams and even some media types (not ESPN) talk about it.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Dayton, Michigan St, Ohio St, Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, Illinois amongst other Big Ten teams would get the benefit of playing in the Midwest in Indianapolis which would give them a home court advantage. In Houston, we'd likely get a team like Auburn or LSU who we'd trounce and fans don't travel.

You can say it, but you know it isn’t true. You do NOT want us in your region and you know it. We match up with you very well.

I don't disagree that Kentucky would match up well against Kansas. But outside of Quickley and an occasional hot hand in Maxey, Kentucky struggles to score. Richards is a definite post defender, but on offense he shuffles his feet before making an offensive move and in the tournament he'll get called for traveling whereas in the SEC, he gets the benefit of having the referees giving Kentucky a favorable whistle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT