ADVERTISEMENT

Two things for certain come Selection Sunday.

duke will get gonzaga or san diego state in the east imo. i think we’ll be with baylor in the south with dayton or florida state.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I don't disagree that Kentucky would match up well against Kansas. But outside of Quickley and an occasional hot hand in Maxey, Kentucky struggles to score. Richards is a definite post defender, but on offense he shuffles his feet before making an offensive move and in the tournament he'll get called for traveling whereas in the SEC, he gets the benefit of having the referees giving Kentucky a favorable whistle.

Now that is the most hilarious post I’ve ever read. A Kansas fan talking about another team getting favorable calls! You can’t make that up. Your only peer when it comes to favorable calls is Dook. I’m still laughing.

Azubuike might also get called for many more offensive fouls in the tournament. He often just pushes defenders out of the way with his shoulder to get to the basket, yet he gets away with it in conference play. See how that works. The only difference is what I said is factual.

Azubuike might also get called for many more offensive fouls in the tournament. He often just pushes defenders out of the way with his shoulder to get to the basket, yet he gets away with it in conference play.

Maybe. That's perception since he's so much bigger than anyone else he faces. But referees also let defenses maul him for the same reason.

I disagree, but respect your opinion.
I’m not saying he’s not good. He’s very good, but he gets away with a LOT of initiated contact, not even in question. I’d do the same thing if I was getting away with it. Just saying he might not get away with it in tournament play.

As for Nick, I’ve watched every UK game this season (just like every season). Has he traveled before? I’m sure he has since every player does at times. But, the claim that he does it often is nonsense.

I don't disagree that Kentucky would match up well against Kansas. But outside of Quickley and an occasional hot hand in Maxey, Kentucky struggles to score. Richards is a definite post defender, but on offense he shuffles his feet before making an offensive move and in the tournament he'll get called for traveling whereas in the SEC, he gets the benefit of having the referees giving Kentucky a favorable whistle.
You really haven’t watched a minute of our games if you believe UK gets a favorable whistle. Kentucky has rarely gotten a favorable whistle all year. I’m not saying that just as a UK fan. If you really look at our games, almost every damn charge is called against us no matter if the defender is set or not and refs constantly fall for flops when we are on defense. It hasn’t been every game but a good amount of them have this.

You really haven’t watched a minute of our games if you believe UK gets a favorable whistle. Kentucky has rarely gotten a favorable whistle all year. I’m not saying that just as a UK fan. If you really look at our games, almost every damn charge is called against us no matter if the defender is set or not and refs constantly fall for flops when we are on defense. It hasn’t been every game but a good amount of them have this.

A Kentucky fan started a thread that basically posted stats that showed that Kentucky gets a more favorable whistle at home and on the road than other top teams, including Kansas. I don't think it is a huge conspiracy. Home teams get favorable whistles. Also more talented teams are going to draw more fouls on less talented teams by default. Take it as a compliment and a measure of the success of your program. I also don't get involved in the conspiracy theories promulgated that the referees are out to get you or any team for that matter. Every fan base, yes Kansas fans too, think referees miss calls against their team all the time. Read any fan game thread. College refereeing is bad everywhere and the game is too physical, if the referees call every foul on every possession, everyone would foul out.

I’m not saying he’s not good. He’s very good, but he gets away with a LOT of initiated contact, not even in question. I’d do the same thing if I was getting away with it. Just saying he might not get away with it in tournament play.

As for Nick, I’ve watched every UK game this season (just like every season). Has he traveled before? I’m sure he has since every player does at times. But, the claim that he does it often is nonsense.

That's fair.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
A favorable whistle in the SEC LOL. I can tell you haven't watched many of our SEC games.

A Kentucky fan started a thread that basically posted stats that showed that Kentucky gets a more favorable whistle at home and on the road than other top teams, including Kansas. I don't think it is a huge conspiracy. Home teams get favorable whistles. Also more talented teams are going to draw more fouls on less talented teams by default. Take it as a compliment and a measure of the success of your program. I also don't get involved in the conspiracy theories promulgated that the referees are out to get you or any team for that matter. Every fan base, yes Kansas fans too, think referees miss calls against their team all the time. Read any fan game thread. College refereeing is bad everywhere and the game is too physical, if the referees call every foul on every possession, everyone would foul out.
I understand your point, maybe I didn’t make mine more clear. Let me put it this way: I don’t disagree that Kentucky at times gets a favorable whistle. Heck, I think Quickley really wasn’t fouled on the attempted 3 during this game.

I’m not saying there is a conspiracy against us. To suggest that is nuts. I’m just saying that for the most part in the SEC, we haven’t exactly been as fairly officiated. It’s a little concerning when one team shoots 20 more free throws than yours in a game as it happened at Auburn, or when 54 combined fouls are called in one game as it happened at South Carolina or when one player is flopping all over the damn place and draws a ton of BS fouls like at Tennessee. That’s more of what I was going for.

100% Guarantee it will be 4 out of the last 8 after Selection Sunday. They will not be a 1 seed and they won’t be in the KU bracket.
Congratulations Nostradumus on being so positive the dice will land on one through five. The two schools are 1200 miles apart and can be put in 4 regions that tend to be split up geographically. I'd take that bet too, but not because of imaginary ncaa conspiracy.

R u on drugs? Uk statistically gets the worst whistle in the league? We score 70 + every game lmao.

I just checked and we were. We were a 5 seed and Arizona was a 4. They were a terrible matchup for us. Tenn was the 3 and Cincy the 2. Virginia was the overall # 1. That was a brutal draw.
Yea playing KSU was a real butt clincher. We crapped the bed, we had a easy path to the FF and blew it.

Reactions: Blueaz
In the latest bracketology (and yes I know Lunardi is a douch) we went from the overall 12 team to the overall 10 team (still staying a 3 seed) but still stayed in the Midwest in Kansas bracket. How does that work? My point isn’t we can’t beat Kansas, we can, however it’s like it’s a lock that U.K. will be in Kansas bracket. On the other side Duke falls from a 2 seed to a 3 seed and still remains in SDS’s bracket. Does that not seem odd?

I don’t mind. San Diego State is this year’s Texas Tech. They would roll Duke.

Kansas would be a tough matchup because of their beef. Azubuike would assuredly get Nick in foul trouble. Our guards would give them trouble. Hagans could lock down Dotson.

Kansas fans are so stubborn. They would 100% hate to see us as their 3 seed or even 2 seed. Worst fans in college ball. They cant give up anything.. i guess thats what happens when your team has so little to offer.

You
NOA,NOA,NOA !!!

have you watched a Kentucky game. Favorable whistle. That’s priceless. Like the one Kansas got when we last played at the phog.

Regardless of what seed line U.K. or Duke end up on we will be in Kansas’s bracket and Duke will be in SDS’s bracket. As Cawood would say...write it down.
You may not believe it, but I am telling you right now, San Diego State is better than duke. They can guard duke and duke can not guard them. Malicai Flynn will eat duke alive. When duke's point guard fouls out trying to guard him, the dukies are toast. That is if the refs will call fouls on duke, which they may very well not.

Lol. Put all the guards from both team on the floor and three of the top four are wearing Kentucky blue. And guards win tournament games. Hagans would be the toughest defender Dotson faced all year.

Kansas wants no part of Kentucky.

We've played and beat better Kenpom defenses than Kentucky. Dotson > any guard on Kentucky. Garrett would lock down Quickley. Moss/Braun = Maxey.

Kansas fans are so stubborn. They would 100% hate to see us as their 3 seed or even 2 seed. Worst fans in college ball. They cant give up anything.. i guess thats what happens when your team has so little to offer.

We're #1 in almost every ranking. What is it that Kansas has so little to offer?

We're #1 in almost every ranking. What is it that Kansas has so little to offer?

Your history. Lack of titles and Final4's. Losing early in the tournament. It was very easy to tell what I was talking about, but you decided to ignore it, and focus on this season's metrics.. something that will mean nothing if you don't win a Final4.

The point isn't to say that Kentucky is better than Kansas right now (I don't believe that anyways), it's to say that Kansas would be very unhappy to have Kentucky in their region.. And to pretend otherwise is just blatantly lying.

Everyone knows Kentucky is being undervalued, and not to mention NBA talent. Then there's the "Cal in March" factor. Kansas would much rather face SDSU or Dayton or Duke, metrics be damned.

If Kentucky was #1 in a down year, and Kansas was surging, no I wouldn't want them in our region as a 2 or a 3 either..

You may not believe it, but I am telling you right now, San Diego State is better than duke. They can guard duke and duke can not guard them. Malicai Flynn will eat duke alive. When duke's point guard fouls out trying to guard him, the dukies are toast. That is if the refs will call fouls on duke, which they may very well not.
You may be right about SDS being better than Duke however Jones will not get in foul trouble...refs don’t work that way when it comes to Duke.

Come back after the sweet 16 and you will get your answer.

Put UK as any seed in any region and watch the results. These kids have a will to win and can grind out games. You undervalue Maxey and Richards. Quickly isn't the only one who can put up 20 pts.

You may be right about SDS being better than Duke however Jones will not get in foul trouble...refs don’t work that way when it comes to Duke.
Jones would handcheck the hell out of Flynn and end up with like 3 fouls!

You mean injury riddled, limping into the tournament Michigan St? duke was placed there with purpose, just like always....

Michigan State won 10 of their last 11 games going into the NCAA tournament and had just won the Big Ten regular-season and the Big Ten tournament. They were hardly "limping" into the tournament, they were playing good ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed323232
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT