ADVERTISEMENT

Two choices

Get behind Pope give him a chance and support him 100% and hope for great success or go root for Arkansas. I will always be a Cat fan. I will give him a couple years to make UK relevant in the SEC and NCAA.

He is UK’s coach.
No, there are other choices too. Protest to the UK Board and ask for the deal to not be approved. Ask for Mitch to be rightly removed from hiring the next UK Men’s Basketball Coach, and correct this mess before it goes any further.

Everyone one of us were shocked when the Pope announcement was made.

That doesn't mean we can't also get behind him now too. We can't change the hire, but we can show support for a guy that busted his ass off here and loves this place and who wants to coach here.

Reactions: KyJones64
Get behind Pope give him a chance and support him 100% and hope for great success or go root for Arkansas. I will always be a Cat fan. I will give him a couple years to make UK relevant in the SEC and NCAA.

He is UK’s coach.

You sound like the calipari butt licker club. You sure did a quick 180

This is very easy since it is a done deal. Pope needs to prove all those upset wrong. Hit the ground running, retain Reed, Z, maybe someone else, get top transfer portal players and win baby.

Reactions: preacherfan
The fact that this pick is SO unpopular is one reason I like it. Cal was a popular pick. How did that work out? The "lifetime contract" was popular. How did that work out? Billy G was a popular pick. How did that work out?

On and on I could go. This board made fun of Duke, UNC and IU for their picks and only IU has completely flopped. I do still think UNC will flop if RJ Davis leaves but Duke is still Duke. They will contend again next year.

This is very easy since it is a done deal. Pope needs to prove all those upset wrong. Hit the ground running, retain Reed, Z, maybe someone else, get top transfer portal players and win baby.

If history repeats itself, next season some of the most vocal critics will be proclaiming that they never doubted Pope would be the man for the job. That is why this board is so entertaining.

He is UK’s coach.
Yeah he’s going to need some support. I always support the incumbent coach. I’d actually rather have Pope over Drew but neither are high on the list I thought UK had. The positives of him coming may help keep a few guys like Thiero and Z who would get a ton more time over an Edwards or Wagner being forced in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT