ADVERTISEMENT

Give that man a chance.

He isn't who I had in mind. But I've got his back if he is the guy. I like him better than Shaka, Beard or Sean Miller, if Donovan was out, and those were the next guys up. Pope had a better year than Todd Golden, especially considering their locales.

If he’s our coach, I certainly will, but if next year if a major disaster the dogs are going to be out pretty quick.

Just reminding myself that Hurley was hardly a big name hire at UConn a couple of years ago and now he’s suddenly the next John Wooden.

He isn't who I had in mind. But I've got his back if he is the guy. I like him better than Shaka, Beard or Sean Miller, if Donovan was out, and those were the next guys up. Pope had a better year than Todd Golden, especially considering their locales.

Based on what, exactly?

All those guys are MILES more accomplished than Pope as coaches.

No, we've already wasted the last 5 years. Not willing to just cast aside the next five in order to "just give someone a chance."

This is arguably the preeminent basketball job in the country. We should never be in the position of blindly hoping someone pans out to be a good coach here.
That is what the Internet has done to society. Truth is everyone was blindly hoping with pitino, joe b hall, tubby. Now days everyone is spoiled.

That is what the Internet has done to society. Truth is everyone was blindly hoping with pitino, joe b hall, tubby. Now days everyone is spoiled.

All of those guys were far more accomplished than Pope as head coaches when they accepted the job.

Explain why this the premium job in the country when it has no final fours in a decade, no SEC tourney wins in multiple years and one NCAA win in four years

We also don't have multimillionaires funding NIL.

So why is it now the premium job?

This right here shows you just how horrible and full of freaking rocks for brains a very vocal and spiteful and dumb as all shitbags a portion of our fanbase is . I mean what did they expect we fire a HOF ( despite him deserving to be shown the door soon that ain't the point as perception is reality these days) did they think an elite coach would want to step into this toxic as crap fan base ? Hell no . Just like after Tubby no one wanted to touch us with a ten foot pole . The fact we got one of the truly elite offensive minds in the college game is incredible . Literally this all comes down to 1 thing . Can he learn to recruit or better yet can he hire a recruiting dream team as if we bring in a few pros a year with him coaching them up we are a perennial elite 8 squad and if you are that you make your share of final 4s. I am stoked as fuct right now honestly.

And LOL someone said this is the premium job? For what ? to be degraded and brought down a peg or 10 ? Remember how insanely well Cal was thought of at Umass and then memphis ? He had powerhouse programs at let me repeat this - Umass THEN Memphis . He then comes here and his first 8 years are freaking magical . I mean holly hell. The end of the honeymoon was the elite 8 loss to Auburn as we all know if we win that game like we should we win the title that year . What was UVA going to beat us ? LMAO GonzaGA ? THAT zAG team was not beating PJ and Herro . But alas it was not to be . The following year oh what might of been we were lineed up to be a 4th overall 1 seed or first 2 seed and then that damn lab in China released that shit our world was trashed . Yeah other crap happened I guess but let focus on the real issues - Cal lost his coaching magic never to recover it .

Last edited:
Reactions: cats#1again
All of those guys were far more accomplished than Pope as head coaches when they accepted the job.
Joe b had never coached.
So pope doesn't have a resume in march, he's a really good coach and I want a coach that betters himself being here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT