ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker thinks it's Oscar and Reeves and we are done

Are you saying that Reeves and Oscar are coming back or are you saying they are leaving? Sorry I didn't understand the OP and don't know what Tucker said.

@drcats2013 - Seems like you disapprove of people posting their opinions here. Maybe you should stay out of threads like this and then you won't get your dander up.
My opinion was mocked and laughed at because it was deemed too positive. I used to do the same thing. I wanna see people enjoy the team and stop being babies like I was. I said my peace. Some may listen, and if none do that’s fine too.

And yet teams seem to consistently win the championship with a 7 or 8 man rotation...
Including John Calipari. He’s always done his best with a 7 man rotation and he’s always struggled keeping 10+ guys happy.

I actually understand what he’s doing. Unfortunately, when guys get hurt which they always seem to do at Kentucky, it backfires really quickly.

That would be an incredible roster! How could you not like that? But I promise you he won’t have less than 10 scholarship players. You can’t make 12-13 scholarship players happy. Personally I think 11 is the right number. But if we had 10, you’d have all 10 who are very solid players
same thing that has been said for the past 2 years with zero results
this group will probably drop 12 games & struggle for 20 wins, won't win the SEC or SEC tourney & woun't make it past the 1st weekend in the NCAA tourney.
if that excites you, well you have much different standards than most of the UK fans

UCONN won the national title using only 8 players. Miami went to the Final 4 with basically just a 7 man rotation. Remind me again, when we won the national title, how deep was that team? Kansas had a 7-man rotation and we (at our best) only played Darius off the bench - in a pinch went to Vargas and Wiltjer at times.

Y'all acting like 9 really, really solid college players is somehow something to massively criticize. Just old and angry and discontent, no matter what I guess.

The portal isn't full of guys begging to be the 10th man on a team, despite what you might think. Everyone knows Cal prefers a short bench, so not many guys in the portal - that any of you on here would accept w/out criticism - hoping to become the 10th/11th/12th scholarship player at Kentucky with no chance of playing time. That's WHY they're in the portal, playing time (aside from the elite guys who are chasing NIL).

So just accept the shit Cal throws at us and be happy about it?Got you.
I totally understand what you’re saying man. I felt the same way not long ago at all. BUT we can’t change it. Why not be excited? Next years team IF Oscar and Reeves come back will have plenty of quality depth. I’d hope we add a Hawkins or Willis type guy too.

Just think that we either win next year or Cal is out. Even if we lose and Cal stays, you had a better mental experience with UK basketball. I’m tired of seeing BBN so angry and miserable. Y’all are good people that are just sick of what Cal is doing, but being angry is only hurting YOU.

Reactions: Sweet Hooks
Me too. But, it could cause big problems if we do nothing & don’t get a 4 in the portal. AB has never played the 4. What if he struggles guarding quicker, athletic PFs & gets in frequent foul trouble? He’s a skinny FR, what if he gets gassed easily trying to chase those guys around & bang inside with stronger players & can’t play 30+ mpg? Don’t even want to think about injuries & missing extended time.

I know he can shoot from the perimeter, but, he only took like 10 3s last year, IIRC. There’s a chance that we’ll once again have no spacing from our post positions. Just too many questions & concerns & it’s too risky, IMO, to put all your eggs in one basket that is a FR who has never played the position, much less at this level. Especially, after seeing injuries derail a few seasons, recently. Standing pat is just begging for problems.
what do you mean "what if he struggles guarding quicker, athletic PF's".........this is a guarantee. he will have no concept of how to guard those guys, not to mention they will be much stronger. He is also not a proven scorer from the outside. Bradshaw playing outside makes absolutely no sense in any way shape or fashion. That is why no activity involving the portal is so frustrating. Every casual fan can see the missing pieces are center, power forward & shooting guard/wing. Yet this moron of a coach is scarcely attempting to plug these holes.

Reactions: delk4three
I'll be pleasantly surprised and excited if both Reeves and Oscar return. Would be a really nice surprise. I agree with the guys that say we could use another piece or two for depth.

this group will probably drop 12 games & struggle for 20 wins, won't win the SEC or SEC tourney & woun't make it past the 1st weekend in the NCAA tourney.
if that excites you, well you have much different standards than most of the UK fans
Hey at least you’re positive man. How’s that life working out for you? And what exactly were you hoping for ?

Do you guys remember how many scholarship players we had when Kentucky won it in 2012?… 9. But who gives a shit what this guy says. He doesn’t know. Cal will not have less than 10 scholarship players. I can promise that

Reactions: drcats2013
It very much excites me. Go Cats!!!

UCONN won the national title using only 8 players. Miami went to the Final 4 with basically just a 7 man rotation. Remind me again, when we won the national title, how deep was that team? Kansas had a 7-man rotation and we (at our best) only played Darius off the bench - in a pinch went to Vargas and Wiltjer at times.

Y'all acting like 9 really, really solid college players is somehow something to massively criticize. Just old and angry and discontent, no matter what I guess.

The portal isn't full of guys begging to be the 10th man on a team, despite what you might think. Everyone knows Cal prefers a short bench, so not many guys in the portal - that any of you on here would accept w/out criticism - hoping to become the 10th/11th/12th scholarship player at Kentucky with no chance of playing time. That's WHY they're in the portal, playing time (aside from the elite guys who are chasing NIL).
But recent history suggests you need 3 of that 9 to shoot 38% or higher from 3 to win the title. And we don’t have that level of shooting on the team right now.

3P%

UCONN 2023
Joey Calcaterra- 44.6% 112 Att
Jordan Hawkins-40.2 % 281 Att
Alex Karaban- 40.2% 164 Att

Kansas 2022
Ochai Agbaji- 40.7% 253 Att
Christian Braun- 38.6% 132 Att
Remy Martin- 38.2% 76 Att

Baylor 2021
Davion Mitchell 44.7% 141 Att
Adam Flagler 43.4% 106 Att
Jared Butler 41.6% 185 Att
MaCio Teague 39.5% 152 Att
Matthew Mayer 39.5% 76 Att

Virginia 2019
De’Andre Hunter 43.8% 105 At
Kyle Guy 42.6% 282 Att
Ty Jerome 39.9% 198 Att

what do you mean "what if he struggles guarding quicker, athletic PF's".........this is a guarantee. he will have no concept of how to guard those guys, not to mention they will be much stronger. He is also not a proven scorer from the outside. Bradshaw playing outside makes absolutely no sense in any way shape or fashion. That is why no activity involving the portal is so frustrating. Every casual fan can see the missing pieces are center, power forward & shooting guard/wing. Yet this moron of a coach is scarcely attempting to plug these holes.
Animated GIF

But, seriously, I’m just giving the kid the benefit of doubt, but, I agree with you. I said all the same things in my post. It’s lunacy to go into a season when your only 4 is a skinny FR who has never played the position. And, it won’t matter how good we are at the other 3 positions if we get little to no spacing from our 4 & 5 spots again this season. A stretch 4 would be ideal, but, it’s a MUST that we bring in another guy who can at least play the position. Adding nothing there would be negligence beyond belief.

Need to get a solid PF. Don't have to be a star, just dependable and shoot decent from 3. I'm not sold on Bradshaw being physically ready to start and play 30 min at the 4 spot. He will get smoked. I think he is a slightly better version of Collins right now. Nkamhoua from Tenn would be good

Reactions: Catfan2226
Need to get a solid PF. Don't have to be a star, just dependable and shoot decent from 3. I'm not sold on Bradshaw being physically ready to start and play 30 min at the 4 spot. He will get smoked. I think he is a slightly better version of Collins right now. Nkamhoua from Tenn would be good
The roster isn’t set

You don’t understand the game of basketball and that defense is 50% of the entire game. Period
Yawn. You get your basketball acumen down to the barber shop. His production in the tournament more than justify’s his existence period.

110 percent isn't physically possible and even Cal and Oscar admitted he wasn't giving 100 percent in the beginning of last season.

Any other falsehoods you'd like to spew?
Give me his averages in the tournament when it counts. You won’t because it will make you look like a boob.

Assuming Oscar comes back…

Wagner/Sheppard
Dillingham/Reeves
Edwards/Adou
Bradshaw
Oscar/Ugo

We will need Adou and Ugo to step up. Need Sheppard to be ready to contribute too.

I’d still like to add a transfer PG and/or PF.
You can't do a season with only Bradshaw at PF. (And he's not a true PF today).

- Oscar can't play PF...
- I doubt Adou can play a reasonable PF..
- Edwards isn't as athletic and muscular as Livingston as a small ball PF
- And why can't we sale Ware on coming back....he is not optimal but he can defend the PF spot

This is stupid if we go to season with 9 players on scholly.

Last edited:
Another reason to not listen to Tucker’s predictions.

Either Tucker “can’t math” or Cal is a complete buffoon.

Not sure which is more surprising

Reactions: Catfan2226
Yawn. You get your basketball acumen down to the barber shop. His production in the tournament more than justify’s his existence period.
So more insults and no actual counter argument to the fact that he is a horrible defender that cripples the team defense as a result of his defensive shortcomings? I enjoy actual discussion on a message board but you just want to hurl insults.

So more insults and no actual counter argument to the fact that he is a horrible defender that cripples the team defense as a result of his defensive shortcomings? I enjoy actual discussion on a message board but you just want to hurl insults.
Ummm, you hurled an insult first. Nice try. You obviously aren’t a serious person. Oscar averaging 21 and 20 in the tournament more than accounts for any shortcomings. Next. You’re done.

Reactions: dl51344
Ummm, you hurled an insult first. Nice try. You obviously aren’t a serious person. Oscar averaging 21 and 20 in the tournament more than accounts for any shortcomings. Next. You’re done.
You’re 100% wrong and super rude. But sure go ahead with thinking that basketball is just counting stats and that’s all that matters. Wilt Chamberlain must be your basketball God.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT