ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker thinks it's Oscar and Reeves and we are done

If they don't add any other players Edwards and Theiro have to play small ball 4, which I think would actually be really good!

If bradshaw is our four next year Kentucky is in trouble
There’s not another natural 4, or even anyone else who has ever played the 4 in college, on the roster, as of now. He’s all we have. I like the idea of Edwards &/or Thiero getting some time as a small ball 4, but, idk that Calipari would do it. He’ll have to out of necessity, though, if we don’t add a 4 & AB has to miss any time. There is a lot of talent, but, there is little depth & a glaring hole waiting to be exposed. Plus, there are no guarantees that AB can be effective, immediately, as a college 4. Really need to grab one, preferably a guy who can stretch the floor.

Assuming Oscar and Reeves are back...

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw
Oscar

Dillingham
Shepherd
Ugo
Thiero

Really, that's 6 deep. I don't expect Shepherd/UGO/Thiero to produce reliably. I would like another 4 (Nelson) and a shooter.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
There’s not another natural 4, or even anyone else who has ever played the 4 in college, on the roster, as of now. He’s all we have. I like the idea of Edwards &/or Thiero getting some time as a small ball 4, but, idk that Calipari would do it. He’ll have to out of necessity, though, if we don’t add a 4 & AB has to miss any time. There is a lot of talent, but, there is little depth & a glaring hole waiting to be exposed. Plus, there are no guarantees that AB can be effective, immediately, as a college 4. Really need to grab one, preferably a guy who can stretch the floor.
I wish they would have gone harder after the guy from Tennessee

The fact that you don't seem upset about having just 9 is disturbing.
How do you know I'm not upset about it? I just don't cry the way many of you do. I would want 10-11. we may get there, I don't know. my immediate focus is on getting a center and a shooter. I'll worry about head count later.

Reactions: G-PIP
Unless we get Nelso, we now need OT to come back, but if Cal plays him the same way, the results will be the same. OT needs to be a rebounder first and foremost. The offense can't go through him. And even then, we still have to deal with his defensive deficiencies.

What a waste of an incredible recruiting class….anybody who understands basketball just a little knows the team needs better rim protection and better shooting. So what do we do? We play Oscar and his horrific lateral quickness defense and appalling rim protection 40 minutes again and don’t even try to sign a proven 40% shooter at any position out of the portal.
Anybody that can’t enjoy watching Oscar play at UK should seriously go root for some other team. Period.

what's so funny? we need a center and a shooter. we need oscar and reeves.

We are kentucky, I'm sure we could put 15 butts on the bench if we wanted. but how good would those players be? The roster needs QUALITY first, then quantity. you're out here clutching your pearls over the final head count too soon. you're stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime.

Reactions: Graham51 and Oboro3
Oscar and Reeves would be incredible!!! Go Cats. But no, you’re wrong if you think we’ll only have 9 scholarship players. I guarantee we add at least 1 portal guy to make 10. Which honestly would be fine. All 10 played would be really solid players .

It’s a talented 9 guys. Hell, we won’t even be able to practice 5 on 5. Lmfao 🤦‍♂️
You know there will be another or two. Maybe not crazy talented, but that’s a pretty good roster. Let’s not forget the depth from 2012.

I wish we could move on from Cal, but we’re not. Tired of whining. Gonna be excited if we get Oscar’s and Reeves back.

I do not believe we will go with just 9 guys.
But if we did, then that would mean either Oscar plays some 4/PF (w/ UKO at C/5) AND/OR Thiero plays some 4, which I think he could do.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That would be an incredible roster! How could you not like that? But I promise you he won’t have less than 10 scholarship players. You can’t make 12-13 scholarship players happy. Personally I think 11 is the right number. But if we had 10, you’d have all 10 who are very solid players

You know there will be another or two. Maybe not crazy talented, but that’s a pretty good roster. Let’s not forget the depth from 2012.

I wish we could move on from Cal, but we’re not. Tired of whining. Gonna be excited if we get Oscar’s and Reeves back.
Doesn't even seem a sweet 16 roster to me not to mentioning we don't know what Oscar will do.

Reactions: delk4three
what's so funny? we need a center and a shooter. we need oscar and reeves.

We are kentucky, I'm sure we could put 15 butts on the bench if we wanted. but how good would those players be? The roster needs QUALITY first, then quantity. you're out here clutching your pearls over the final head count too soon. you're stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime.
I laughed because you directly contradicted yourself. Don't you notice things like bolded print? Sheesh man, try and keep up, it's posting 101. You're a total waste of time.

He gives 110 percent and I have enough brains to understand that he played soft because we could not win a game if he fouled out and that this is entertainment and that he’s a once in a lifetime talent that crybaby ass hats will pine for when he’s gone.
110 percent isn't physically possible and even Cal and Oscar admitted he wasn't giving 100 percent in the beginning of last season.

Any other falsehoods you'd like to spew?

Reactions: delk4three
I wish they would have gone harder after the guy from Tennessee
Me too. But, it could cause big problems if we do nothing & don’t get a 4 in the portal. AB has never played the 4. What if he struggles guarding quicker, athletic PFs & gets in frequent foul trouble? He’s a skinny FR, what if he gets gassed easily trying to chase those guys around & bang inside with stronger players & can’t play 30+ mpg? Don’t even want to think about injuries & missing extended time.

I know he can shoot from the perimeter, but, he only took like 10 3s last year, IIRC. There’s a chance that we’ll once again have no spacing from our post positions. Just too many questions & concerns & it’s too risky, IMO, to put all your eggs in one basket that is a FR who has never played the position, much less at this level. Especially, after seeing injuries derail a few seasons, recently. Standing pat is just begging for problems.

That would be an incredible roster! How could you not like that? But I promise you he won’t have less than 10 scholarship players. You can’t make 12-13 scholarship players happy. Personally I think 11 is the right number. But if we had 10, you’d have all 10 who are very solid players
UConn filled 12 scholarships last year and won the title. So you're wrong.

Assuming Oscar and Reeves are back...

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw
Oscar

Dillingham
Shepherd
Ugo
Thiero

Really, that's 6 deep. I don't expect Shepherd/UGO/Thiero to produce reliably. I would like another 4 (Nelson) and a shooter.
I don't mind that as our main 9 man rotation but we need backup transfers that can give some minutes every now and then. It helps in practice, road environments, tournament play, prep, etc. No reason to not get some guys that are decent basketball players to come off the bench. Stupid to not do it actually.

Some of you are sissy’s man lol. Afraid to get excited so you don’t get your feelings hurt over some 19 year old boys playing a basketball game. This will piss a lot off, but y’all need to hear it. I was like that too, but had to do some soul searching and grow up, so I do understand your feelings.

I want Cal gone, but I can’t do anything about it. None of us can aside from stop putting money into the program. I’ll look forward to the season and believe that we will either go all the way, or Cal will move on. Winners either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT