ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker: Robic came to Oakland and taught them dribble drive

I mean he didn’t go there this week and help them game prep for Kentucky. He had no way of knowing at the time that we’d play them in a NCAAs

Sounds like when he went he was just going to help an old coaching buddy out and teaching new systems. This happens all the time in coaching and you literally have off season coaching camps for this exact scenario.

Are you actually this dumb? He didn’t go before the game, they are obviously talking about in the past.
Did I say it was? Point being they knew exactly how to defend us .

Does it matter when? Results are the same.

Oh and since you want to be an ass and insult. Enjoy the block.

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
It’s Cal’s fault for being too proud and stubborn to reconcile with Robic. Cost him dearly because we all know Robic was the brains behind anything good Cal ever did on the court.

Last edited:
How is Robic a traitor? He didn't do this to gameplan for UK. Is he just not allowed to help teach a guy an offensive system? He wasn't stealing signs or anything. Weird post.

He's not technically. Just hate that we haven't been the same without him.

This does further explain why they were so excited to play us even more. They knew exactly what we were gonna do. And Cal reverted to "Jam it back inside" And here we are sitting out before the second weekend.

You're a complete idiot. Do you think coaches who are friends don't share knowledge? You're mad about an assistant helping a mid major coach probably 10 years ago. How dumb can you be.

You take criticism about as well as Cal. They were in a matchup zone. Cal didn’t run a possession of DDMO last night. And Robic no longer works for UK.

You take criticism about as well as Cal. They were in a matchup zone. Cal didn’t run a possession of DDMO last night. And Robic no longer works for UK.
That's great. Did we lose? *checks notes* Yep. Did they defend us well! Yep.

We hit one three in the first half. We took maybe 3-4. Cal reverted last night.

I don't care anymore. Fix UK Basketball.

You're a complete idiot. Do you think coaches who are friends don't share knowledge? You're mad about an assistant helping a mid major coach probably 10 years ago. How dumb can you be.
Yeah most coaches are actually friends outside of playing each other. John Chaney and Cal were an obvious exception.

Nice. Wasn't going to block you. But I am now. Have a good one.

OP has the worst time comprehending tweets.
Really needs to quit starting threads about them.

Watch, next he'll say he was stupid on purpose and we just don't get his comic sensibilities.
Trust me. I ain't laughing. Nothing worth laughing over. I'm sick to the teeth at the state of UK basketball and really don't care anymore about what other people think.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
What actually happened between Cal & Robic? Any insight other than “they had a falling out”.
I think Matt Jones knows a majority of it, at least he says he does (and the timing is right as that's when he had the most access). That's one UK story I don't think we will ever fully truly know until either one of Cal or Robic have left this mortal coil.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
That's great. Did we lose? *checks notes* Yep. Did they defend us well! Yep.

We hit one three in the first half. We took maybe 3-4. Cal reverted last night.

I don't care anymore. Fix UK Basketball.
Correct. And none of this has to do with Robic teaching this dude the DDMO. Coaches do this stuff all the time.

I don't know how to feel about this. One, good for Robic for sticking it to Cal.
But also, screw Robic for being a damn traitor.
How the hell does it make him “a traitor”? He didn’t do it to help them beat UK, he didn’t even know they’d ever play UK at the time.

That’s a laughably dumb accusation if ever there was one.

Looking back it's so obvious now. That red face on the bench every time one of the players messed up. The way he was always the first one on the floor during timeouts and the first one to give the refs hell. Crazy. No wonder he is pissed.
A high correlation between Robic‘s exit and Cal sucking.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think Matt Jones knows a majority of it, at least he says he does (and the timing is right as that's when he had the most access). That's one UK story I don't think we will ever fully truly know until either one of Cal or Robic have left this mortal coil.
I heard that Robic took on an administrative role with UK when his daughter was sick with cancer and later passed away. He eventually left UK all together. Maybe it was a combination of family and work stress that made him leave

I don't know how to feel about this. One, good for Robic for sticking it to Cal.
A traitor? It's not like Robic came to Oakland three days ago knowing they're playing UK. It sounds like he just went up and did a clinic, probably years ago, like many coaches do all the time.

I heard that Robic took on an administrative role with UK when his daughter was sick with cancer and later passed away. I think it was more that than a bad relationship with Cal, or maybe it was a bit of both.
I don't know. His daughter did get sick and pass. And I think he really struggled after that, which is completely and totally understandable. I'd be worried if he didnt.
But something happened, and Jones has mentioned that something a couple of times, and has said out of respect for both parties he won't say anything further than that.

I don't know when this would have happened, but I believe Kampe was running the dribble/drive motion offense in 2012. But Calipari didn't run the offense the way it was intended anyway, so I'm not sure if Robic gave them pointers on Calipari's version or Vance Walberg's version.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT