ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell to visit this weekend!!!

Because they werent up to standard and all of you just keep ripping on him, hes done many great things, let him finish his career, honestly i cant stand anyone talking bad about people all the time, we are human, God made us imperfect, then the devil molds people like you, to bring destruction.
We are Kentucky!! Quiter move aside, we got ballgames to win
Tell that to ccc
He is the guy paid 9 million to win games, not for becoming a minor league for the nba

No one is, our last 3 years horrible, but Kentucky will fix that, we adjust, thats why we are the best
Yes sir that is why uk is still the leader in all time wins....oh wait, that is just one of the things that have fallen in the toilet under ccc
Ccc will never change his Methods or style. He is a 45 record in the age of streaming music 🎶

Mitchell and Reeves would have been the first and second options on Tubby's last few teams. Next year, they could end up being options #5 and #6.

The depth is starting to come together. Cal looks like he's doing his job again.
Not over Morris, Crawford, and maybe Bradley. Meeks was a Frosh so probably over him. That teams biggest flaw was no bench. After Bobby Perry it was severely lacking.

He quite literally could not go anywhere since he had not graduated yet unless he wanted to go to Europe. You know he did not want to come back or there would have been some big announcement by UK or the player.
Kentucky is one of the most celebrated college basketball programs in the country. The school has an outstanding NIL program according to the players. Reeves got much more publicity last year than he had ever received in his career.
I see no reason to believe he was forced to remain at UK. I think that's just a lot of gossip and hearsay, typical of the nonsense that is promoted on this forum.

Team could look like a very poor (impoverished even) man’s version of the 2012 team.

PG Top 10 recruit (Wagner/Teague)
SG Returning shooter (Reeves/Lamb)
SF Top 5 recruit (Edwards/MKG)
PF Experienced Power Forward (Mitchell/TJ)
C Top 5 recruit (Bradshaw/AD)
That’s reasonable, we know Bradshaw won’t be AD but he could be good enough, I could see Wagner being as good as Teague, Lamb is more consistent than Reeves but similar threats, Edwards could be MKG level for sure. Jones is probably more talented than a Mitchell but he will produce similar results. Doubt they play defense at 12’s level though. Overall if we get everyone we need this team may be a little deeper. The main issue is Cal isn’t the same coach, he doesn’t know how to win today.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Ok, a brief (very brief) search returned multiple examples including the ones below. They are clearly referencing transfers not wanting to commit to Cal. Don't act like this hasn't been a thing.

You may be a negative dude but I didn't think you were oblivious too.
Yet Mitchell will be the first transfer to pledge to us and that’s only because Huggins got canned.

Reactions: gharding07
If he plays more than cigar minutes, we're not a very good team.

Don't fall for it man, we do this every summer, we hype all these kids.up, then quickly find out most were overrated and then guys we think should play (Ado, Allen, Juzang, Mintz, Reeves etc… ) get stuck on the bench.

Burks doesn’t have enough stars next to his name, so unless he straps Wheeler's jersey on and gets Cal to see it, he won’t play much this year.
We have to remember its not the size of a dog in a fight but the size of a heart in a fight

I wouldn’t go that far, I think we can be solid but aI won’t bet on #9 until Cal coaches them so start winning most of our top 25 games and wins the SEC first.
I think the talent will be there. I’m really hoping the criticism will push Cal to change and do better. He’s been quiet lately and that’s not like him at all. I’d bet on it he’s really pissed off.

Fwiw Cal confirmed at Father Son Camp today that there was a recruit on campus. He didn't say who though.

Bradshaw was only player absent.

Thiero looks like he has gained 10 pounds of muscle....at least.

Joey Hart can jump out of the gym
Good info, did Thiero look any taller than 6'6"? Mitchell is listed on our roster at the top of the page?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think the talent will be there. I’m really hoping the criticism will push Cal to change and do better. He’s been quiet lately and that’s not like him at all. I’d bet on it he’s really pissed off.
I hope so, he needs to take this new guys input from the NBA. It’s time to change his philosophy. That’s where he used to shine. Keeping up with trends and changing to open up his offense. He’s been on Cruise control the last 8 years. Keeps trying the same things that fail.

T
He quite literally could not go anywhere since he had not graduated yet unless he wanted to go to Europe. You know he did not want to come back or there would have been some big announcement by UK or the player.
Thats a tired take. Everyone knows Cal opened up the checkbook. It was all about the money.

T

Thats a tired take. Everyone knows Cal opened up the checkbook. It was all about the money.
I think both may be true.

Up until a few days ago, I thought it was just about figuring out the money. But all that La Familia club news broke and the Reeves saga continued to drag out.

Then on KSR the other day they were saying Reeves would have to complete an impossible number of credits to graduate and be able to transfer.

Now, KSR isn't the end all be all. I would put them very MID in terms of Kentucky sources. But the other thing they said makes a lot of sense in context of the Twitter narrative.

There was that guy doing a podcast saying Kentucky was holding him hostage. Implying that he was trapped at UK. Matt Jones said there were people that believed Kentucky could ok his waiver, but Kentucky actually has no power in that. It's an NCAA rule, if you're transferring a 2nd time you have to sit--unless you're a grad transfer.

Hearing all of that, I think Reeves wanted to go to one of those Big 10 schools. Indiana, Illinois, Michigan. Maybe they were willing to promise more NIL than Kentucky. He went to Illinois State thinking he'd kill himself all summer to get it done.

Then a week or 2 into it--he realized it wasn't going to work. He's accepted if he wants to play ball in college this year--it's at Kentucky.

And sure, I want people that WANT to be here. But I think if that's his only option--he wants Kentucky over the Turkish Pro League.

I think both may be true.

Up until a few days ago, I thought it was just about figuring out the money. But all that La Familia club news broke and the Reeves saga continued to drag out.

Then on KSR the other day they were saying Reeves would have to complete an impossible number of credits to graduate and be able to transfer.

Now, KSR isn't the end all be all. I would put them very MID in terms of Kentucky sources. But the other thing they said makes a lot of sense in context of the Twitter narrative.

There was that guy doing a podcast saying Kentucky was holding him hostage. Implying that he was trapped at UK. Matt Jones said there were people that believed Kentucky could ok his waiver, but Kentucky actually has no power in that. It's an NCAA rule, if you're transferring a 2nd time you have to sit--unless you're a grad transfer.

Hearing all of that, I think Reeves wanted to go to one of those Big 10 schools. Indiana, Illinois, Michigan. Maybe they were willing to promise more NIL than Kentucky. He went to Illinois State thinking he'd kill himself all summer to get it done.

Then a week or 2 into it--he realized it wasn't going to work. He's accepted if he wants to play ball in college this year--it's at Kentucky.

And sure, I want people that WANT to be here. But I think if that's his only option--he wants Kentucky over the Turkish Pro League.
I think they got close enough to what he was looking for in NIL and cleared out his role issue, along with him accepting that he wouldn’t be able to graduate in time

Reactions: Cats192
I heard they're taking him on a VIP tour to Keeneland and letting him sniff all the horses asses he wants. Source of mine says they've been there for over 5 hours now.

Check the name, y'alls.
<---

This one is in the bag.

I actually hope you're right, but the silence by UK and the player make me think not.
My dads friend went to that father son camp or whatever the hell they were doing this weekend and he said reeves seemed engaged and looked happy to be there. But odds are he tried to leave, Kentucky got him money and a role and he finally understood he had to be here and he has said he likes Lexington, I don’t think he will be a locker room problem. But I do think it’s weird Kentucky hasn’t announced reeves back and he hasn’t announced he is back yet

My dads friend went to that father son camp or whatever the hell they were doing this weekend and he said reeves seemed engaged and looked happy to be there. But odds are he tried to leave, Kentucky got him money and a role and he finally understood he had to be here and he has said he likes Lexington, I don’t think he will be a locker room problem. But I do think it’s weird Kentucky hasn’t announced reeves back and he hasn’t announced he is back yet
Maybe waiting until after camps or something.
But yeah, that's a little odd.

I think Reeves is a good guy that just wanted to explore other options. Now, why? That I can't say.

Maybe waiting until after camps or something.
But yeah, that's a little odd.

I think Reeves is a good guy that just wanted to explore other options. Now, why? That I can't say.
I mean he is for sure back up if he is going to these camps, just odd kentukcy didnt announce it. I was seeing what WVA fans think about the Mitchell situation and a former player John flowers said Kentuckys money will be hard to beat, lol he must be new here

Come on, bro.
Huh? We have lost so much the last 3 years that we have lost 2 very important leads, our record against ranked opponents is awful, we have been losing a lot of games at home, some to some really bad teams and we can't even get out of the first weekend anymore. We were lucky to beat Providence.

This is an extremely important year for Cal, but we said the same thing last year and we stunk. We were actually off the bubble on the wrong side for a while.

UK is slipping and I don't trust Cal to rescue it, not when he's prioritizing the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT