ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell to visit this weekend!!!

You been living under a rock these past 3 months where pretty much our entire roster left?

I am glad we are getting some players and decent looking players at that. But the players from this past season couldnt get away from Cal quick enough.
We upgraded from almost everyone who left from last year. Do you agree?

Wheeler left Dillingham in = upgrade
Wallace left Wagner in = push?
Oscar left Somto in = downgrade
Cj left Reed in = upgrade
Livingston left Edwards in = upgrade
Toppin left Bradshaw in = push?
Ware left if Mitchell is in = upgrade

Reactions: WILDCAT_NATION#8
Mitchell and Reeves would have been the first and second options on Tubby's last few teams. Next year, they could end up being options #5 and #6.

The depth is starting to come together. Cal looks like he's doing his job again.
About darn time he earn his paycheck and position as coach at the great University of Kentucky!

Reactions: Fox2monk

prolly about right

But, but, but, Cal must have predicted that Huggins would get caught drunk driving and get fired. Then accurately predicted Mitchell would enter the portal.

Who knew Cal was a prophet?
And that would make 11. Even before him , 10 is a far cry from 7.

For the most part they should be upgrades but we have no idea til we see them play. Also almost the entire team is going to be freshman...they are all gonna have some bad games and maybe even really bad games. Just hope they all develop and the ones that need to stay will stay next offseason. Hopefully we get Mitchell because he is what this team needs.

I'm tethering my rope to Kentucky basketball for better or for worse and right now Cal is the head of that ship.

Cal has brought me some great teams, great memories and some of my favorite players, so there is some loyalty there.

But to be honest some fans are so overwhelmingly negative they see nothing but red when it comes to Cal. I can't get there.
Well, you made a choice and obviously your breaking point is different than those people you are attacking.

If Cal fails again this year, you could end up jumping the fence like so many other did last year and you wouldn't be the only one.

Also, I see more Cal fans on here stirring the pot than anyone else. Every thread has a Cal supporter calling the other side out.
I'll say this, what Cal is doing, is not what's best for UK. Priorizing the NBA draft, individual goals and individual
accomplishments, worked for a little while, but it has been eating him and this program for far too long now and he would rather force a square peg into a round hole trying to prove he's right.

But still, I'm the first one to stand up and call it out when Cal does good things and most of the people that share my opinions, are right there with me, so it's not like we aren't fair.

Cal might get lucky, he definitely didn't plan on Huggins getting fired. If Tre Mitchell wasn't on the table, we may have been looking at another disaster. You have to admit, Cal has not done a good job the last 3 years.

You don’t think burks plays? I think he plays some and will be good player off the bench
If he plays more than cigar minutes, we're not a very good team.

Don't fall for it man, we do this every summer, we hype all these kids.up, then quickly find out most were overrated and then guys we think should play (Ado, Allen, Juzang, Mintz, Reeves etc… ) get stuck on the bench.

Burks doesn’t have enough stars next to his name, so unless he straps Wheeler's jersey on and gets Cal to see it, he won’t play much this year.

Every summer we say this and since the summer of 2017, we have been wrong each time.
We don't know if these players are upgrades and we don't know if these guys will even form a good team. All it takes is one pouting kid and the whole thing unravels

Last edited:
And that would make 11. Even before him , 10 is a far cry from 7.
Yeah, two 3* kids that won't play, Reeves who had no choice, but tried very hard to leave and Tre, who hasn't committed yet and is only available because Huggins got fired.

You’re acting like Cal waived a magic wand, predicted Huggins would get canned and pulled in serious talent. Those two 3* kids are rated where they are for a reason, but you're celebrating like Cal landed Davis and MKG.

Too many people in this room live their lives walking backwards. Try looking ahead and you will become more optimistic.
Oh, so we should just ignore the last three years and act like they didn't happen?

That's not "walking backwards*, that’s recognizing there's a big problem.

You do what you feel us best and the rest of us will do the sane.

You been living under a rock these past 3 months where pretty much our entire roster left?

I am glad we are getting some players and decent looking players at that. But the players from this past season couldnt get away from Cal quick enough.
Because they werent up to standard and all of you just keep ripping on him, hes done many great things, let him finish his career, honestly i cant stand anyone talking bad about people all the time, we are human, God made us imperfect, then the devil molds people like you, to bring destruction.
We are Kentucky!! Quiter move aside, we got ballgames to win

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Well, you made a choice and obviously your breaking point is different than those people you are attacking.

If Cal fails again this year, you could end up jumping the fence like so many other did last year and you wouldn't be the only one.

Also, I see more Cal fans on here stirring the pot than anyone else. Every thread has a Cal supporter calling the other side out.
I'll say this, what Cal is doing, is not what's best for UK. Priorizing the NBA draft, individual goals and individual
accomplishments, worked for a little while, but it has been eating him and this program for far too long now and he would rather force a square peg into a round hole trying to prove he's right.

But still, I'm the first one to stand up and call it out when Cal does good things and most of the people that share my opinions, are right there with me, so it's not like we aren't fair.

Cal might get lucky, he definitely didn't plan on Huggins getting fired. If Tre Mitchell wasn't on the table, we may have been looking at another disaster. You have to admit, Cal has not done a good job the last 3 years.
Cal has done a bad job recently and right now we’re stuck with him because of his contract. I’m just hoping for the best and that this recruiting class turns out to be special. Cal needs to make some changes and it will be interesting to see if he does. He’s never in his career been criticized as bad as he is now so that may lead to some changes.

If he plays more than cigar minutes, we're not a very good team.

Don't fall for it man, we do this every summer, we hype all these kids.up, then quickly find out most were overrated and then guys we think should play (Ado, Allen, Juzang, Mintz, Reeves etc… ) get stuck on the bench.

Burks doesn’t have enough stars next to his name, so unless he straps Wheeler's jersey on and gets Cal to see it, he won’t play much this year.
Burks is the one I think can fall into that group of players you mentioned who should be playing more, bradshaw was gonna be the one I though should be playing less, I have been watching a lot of burks games recently and I have been impressed, but OTE is nowhere what college will be so it’s TBT for sure

Reactions: kyjeff1
Because they werent up to standard and all of you just keep ripping on him, hes done many great things, let him finish his career, honestly i cant stand anyone talking bad about people all the time, we are human, God made us imperfect, then the devil molds people like you, to bring destruction.
We are Kentucky!! Quiter move aside, we got ballgames to win
If it was just the.losing, it wouldn't be so bad, but Cal has been anything but humble. He blames the fans, the media, the players… .anybody, or anything, BUT himself. He barks at the fans, gets sarcastic in his post game interviews when he wins, but avoids the fans and the media after losses.

You don't get to be an asshole to everyone when you fail the way Cal has been failing, but that's exactly what he's doing. You can buy in on him all you want, but the historic losing, the NBA first program, the talking down to the fanbase and.the lost accomplishments, are too much for real UK fans to put up with and if you can’t understand that, then that's a YOU problem. If I was in your position, I would easily be able to see why others would be livid with Cal. No other blue blood fanbase would be ok with this.

M
If it was just the.losing, it wouldn't be so bad, but Cal has been anything but humble. He blames the fans, the media, the players… .anybody, or anything, BUT himself. He barks at the fans, gets sarcastic in his post game interviews when he wins, but avoids the fans and the media after losses.

You don't get to be an asshole to everyone when you fail the way Cal has been failing, but that's exactly what he's doing. You can buy in on him all you want, but the historic losing, the NBA first program, the talking down to the fanbase and.the lost accomplishments, are too much for real UK fans to put up with and if you can’t understand that, then that's a YOU problem. If I was in your position, I would easily be able to see why others would be livid with Cal. No other blue blood fanbase would be ok with this.
My dear friend Jeff, always love talking to because you have passion, think about it, we need to pay a guy 10 million a year just to handle our sh*t, We are Ky, this is the year

Burks is the one I think can fall into that group of players you mentioned who should be playing more, bradshaw was gonna be the one I though should be playing less, I have been watching a lot of burks games recently and I have been impressed, but OTE is nowhere what college will be so it’s TBT for sure
He's going to have to prove it to me. I'm done buying in on the hype on new players (old and young).

It’s hard enough for seasoned veterans and top shelf kids to perform well at this level in today’s game, but it’s damn near impossible for a 3 star to do it. Plus, playing for Cal, in his outdated systems, with his yelling, screamining and player favoritism, it's even more difficult.

I think Edwards and Tre are the only newcomers we can really say will be legit, the rest, well, they need to prove it to me. I'm not buying the hype anymore.

He's going to have to prove it to me. I'm done buying in on the hype on new players (old and young).

It’s hard enough for seasoned veterans and top shelf kids to perform well at this level in today’s game, but it’s damn near impossible for a 3 star to do it. Plus, playing for Cal, in his outdated systems, with his yelling, screamining and player favoritism, it's even more difficult.

I think Edwards and Tre are the only newcomers we can really say will be legit, the rest, well, they need to prove it to me. I'm not buying the hype anymore.
No one is, our last 3 years horrible, but Kentucky will fix that, we adjust, thats why we are the best

This, we have been overly optimistic about players about players for years. It has gotten much worse in the past 3 years. We have brought in players who can't compete day in and day out in the SEC. We have struggled to be in the top third of the conference regular season and get to Saturday in the SECT. This is where we are, this is what Cal has been able to accomplish. It is June24 and we have about half a roster and just for kicks we are going to take this skeleton crew to Canada in a couple of week to play what 3 or 4 games in 5 or so days?

Maybe we will pick up one or 2 more players to make the trip or be ready for the first game of the regular season but that is not a done deal by any means.

This, we have been overly optimistic about players about players for years. It has gotten much worse in the past 3 years. We have brought in players who can't compete day in and day out in the SEC. We have struggled to be in the top third of the conference regular season and get to Saturday in the SECT. This is where we are, this is what Cal has been able to accomplish. It is June24 and we have about half a roster and just for kicks we are going to take this skeleton crew to Canada in a couple of week to play what 3 or 4 games in 5 or so days?

Maybe we will pick up one or 2 more players to make the trip or be ready for the first game of the regular season but that is not a done deal by any means.
Mitchell would make 11 but of course Bradshaw won't play in Canada.

Did I say that? I said they are probably getting Mitchell. They didn’t smash the portal but getting reeves back and Mitchell this late is a good job and nice save by the staff
When we have actually get Mitchell then you can say good job. And getting back a Reeves who DID NOT want to come back, and was basically forced back, is not the positive some think it is.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
When we have actually get Mitchell then you can say good job. And getting back a Reeves who DID NOT want to come back, and was basically forced back, is not the positive some think it is.
We don't know that Reeves didn't want back.He could have been holding out for more money and if so good for him.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Getting a proven scorer back is good, the reeves not wanting to be here is overblown,

We aren't the best anymore, we have fallen behind and now, UK is in worse shape than it was when Cal took over in 2009. That’s not even debatable. That 9-16 season assures that.
I wouldn’t go that far, we aren’t where Kentucky should be for sure, but the billy years were way worse than what the program is at the moment

This is absolutely correct. It’s not just the losing. It’s his disgusting hubris he has shown. Winning a few games and telling people to grab on to the back and hold on bc you jumped off the bandwagon. He becomes Swaggy when we win a few in a row and acts like he’s still got it. He is yesterday. He is. He knows it too. His time is short.

He’s extremely fortunate this week turned out this way. Reeves back and likely to land Mitchell.

One settled.
One had his coach leave.

• Love
Fwiw Cal confirmed at Father Son Camp today that there was a recruit on campus. He didn't say who though.

Bradshaw was only player absent.

Thiero looks like he has gained 10 pounds of muscle....at least.

Joey Hart can jump out of the gym
Just depends on a lot of factors, and Cal is a big ? at times.

I'm hoping we have enough talent to cover his stubbornness.

Yeah, two 3* kids that won't play, Reeves who had no choice, but tried very hard to leave and Tre, who hasn't committed yet and is only available because Huggins got fired.

You’re acting like Cal waived a magic wand, predicted Huggins would get canned and pulled in serious talent. Those two 3* kids are rated where they are for a reason, but you're celebrating like Cal landed Davis and MKG.
Facts are optional for the ccc crowd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT