ADVERTISEMENT

Tounde Yessoufou

again more NIL bs..........I'd bet most of these kids aren't even going to the actual school that they would prefer, but are being "guided" where their families and agents are making the most $. Lexington in no way, shape of form can compete with these large universities
in Texas or those like Arkansas that have large, profitable corporations head quartered there.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. The schools you mentioned are football schools.

I don’t think we will get that many transfers.

I’m thinking we get a veteran PG and PF from the portal and then a couple more Freshmen (3/4-star project types) since this is a deep recruiting class.

I’m thinking something like this:

PG Portal/Lewis
SG Johnson/Perry/Freshman
SF Oweh/Chandler/Noah
PF Wilson/Portal/Freshman
C Garrison/Moreno
5 returnes, 2 portal, 6 frosh, 2 walkons. That seems like a awfully young team. 9 of the 13 scholly players frosh or sophs. Im sure if we land say Wilson, Lewis, Cenac and Brown to go along with JJ and Moreno it would be fine. Pope is not telling those type frosh players no. I just think we would need 3 or 4 more upperclassmen portal players to give the team some top to bottom experience. Either way were going to have a super talented team next year. I think we get back all 5 of Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Noah and Perry to go with Moreno, Johnson and hopefully Wilson and Lewis we got a heck of team already going for next year.

5 returnes, 2 portal, 6 frosh, 2 walkons. That seems like an awfully young team. 9 of the 13 scholly players frosh or sophs. Im sure if we land say Wilson, Lewis, Cenac and Brown to go along with JJ and Moreno it would be fine. Pope is not telling those type frosh players no. I just think we would need 3 or 4 more upperclassmen portal players to give the team some top to bottom experience. Either way we’re going to have a super talented team next year. I think we get back all 5 of Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Noah and Perry to go with Moreno, Johnson and hopefully Wilson and Lewis we got a heck of team already going for next year.
I don’t think we get both Cenac and Wilson especially if we already have Moreno. Wilson or Cenac and Brown would be awesome. Add in a lower tier 4 star either PF/center prospect or a PG(come on Kaden).

5 returnes, 2 portal, 6 frosh, 2 walkons. That seems like an awfully young team. 9 of the 13 scholly players frosh or sophs. Im sure if we land say Wilson, Lewis, Cenac and Brown to go along with JJ and Moreno it would be fine. Pope is not telling those type frosh players no. I just think we would need 3 or 4 more upperclassmen portal players to give the team some top to bottom experience. Either way were going to have a super talented team next year. I think we get back all 5 of Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Noah and Perry to go with Moreno, Johnson and hopefully Wilson and Lewis we got a heck of team already going for next year.
I think this is the class you build for the future with. It is really deep. You can grab some guys that will hopefully stick around to give you experience for the future.

Also, there are only so many shots. It’s going to be hard to convince several veterans to come in and compete with Johnson, Wilson, Lewis, Oweh, and Garrison for shots. That’s why I figure we can get two great portal pieces.

The guys we are talking about are the end of the bench guys, most likely, so even if Pope goes to the portal, he will probably try to get younger developmental players anyway. I just don’t see him wasting a lot of NIL money on the 11-13 guys in the rotation.

Now if you think he can bring in rotation guys and that keeps Perry, Chandler, and Noah at the 11-13 spots, then maybe he brings in more portal guys.

But I think he will have those three in the top 10 as rotation guys. Oweh and Garrison will be starters. Johnson and Wilson will be starters. Moreno will be the backup Center. Lewis is probably the backup PG. That leaves basically 1-2 spots in the rotation. We will need a starting PG, IMHO. And then probably a stretch 4 as a backup for Wilson.

If things fall through with Lewis, Brown, Wilson, Cenac, etc. (all our big targets in tbe ‘25 class), then Pope will hit the portal harder than suspect. If some guys don’t come back (Oweh, Garrison), then he hits the portal hard.

Lots of ways this could go, but if we get quite a few stud Freshmen, it’s going to hard to get quality portal guys.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Ya we could snag Kaden Magwood too and Pope is going after Ament hard and he could play the 3/4. I just hope barring we dont win the national title that Oweh and Garrison return. We will have a top 10 team already IF Oweh and Garrison come back and we get Wilson and Lewis. Im sure Chandler, Perry and Noah come back for round 2 and Jasper and Moreno will be frosh. Lots of possibilitys but those 9 core guys is easily one of the best teams in the country. Pope can zero in on a vet exp PG and stretch 4 he wants in the portal and were golden.

Ya we could snag Kaden Magwood too and Pope is going after Ament hard and he could play the 3/4. I just hope barring we dont win the national title that Oweh and Garrison return. We will have a top 10 team already IF Oweh and Garrison come back and we get Wilson and Lewis. Im sure Chandler, Perry and Noah come back for round 2 and Jasper and Moreno will be frosh. Lots of possibilitys but those 9 core guys is easily one of the best teams in the country. Pope can zero in on a vet exp PG and stretch 4 he wants in the portal and were golden.
Agreed.

Getting Oweh and Garrison to return and then getting an experienced PG and stretch 4 in the portal should be the priority this Spring, if we lock up Wilson and Lewis.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Feel free to color me exTREMEly ignorant but I am not losing any sleep over a 6'5" 215 PF or a wing that can't shoot. I got enough of that sh*t from Cal to last a lifetime.
38% on 53 attempts isn't bad.

It's not like he shot that percentage on 20 attempts. He was taking about 2 threes per game, and knocking almost 40% of them down.

Reactions: Fox2monk
38% on 53 attempts isn't bad.

It's not like he shot that percentage on 20 attempts. He was taking about 2 threes per game, and knocking almost 40% of them down.
Definitely sounds better but when was this? Last year in high school he shot 31.5% from 3 on the season per ON3. I’d be inclined to think if he did better before that the numbers are a little old and if he did better after that it was probably bumped up by the lack of defense on the AAU circuit. Not that 31.5% is a horrible number, just not good enough to make me mourn his loss if he also lacks the weight and height to impose his will from the four. I definitely don’t pretend to know too much about him though. If 38% is really legit somehow then that’s a different equation.

5 returnes, 2 portal, 6 frosh, 2 walkons. That seems like an awfully young team. 9 of the 13 scholly players frosh or sophs. Im sure if we land say Wilson, Lewis, Cenac and Brown to go along with JJ and Moreno it would be fine. Pope is not telling those type frosh players no. I just think we would need 3 or 4 more upperclassmen portal players to give the team some top to bottom experience. Either way were going to have a super talented team next year. I think we get back all 5 of Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Noah and Perry to go with Moreno, Johnson and hopefully Wilson and Lewis we got a heck of team already going for next year.
If we have 5 returnees with 2 portal upperclassmen that is plenty of expiernece since some of the returnees will be junior and seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT