ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell to visit this weekend!!!

How is that spin? Here are some simple questions for you.

Yes or no, were people on this board saying that kids don't want to play for Cal?

Does Tre Mitchell not have other options or other schools that would want him?

If he commits here, does that mean that he wants to play for Cal?
It’s a spin because nobody was saying incoming players don’t want to play for Cal, they were talking about UK players not wanting to stay.

You can't claim all players don’t want to play for Cal when he has 3 top 10 kids coming in.

Thing is, you know these facts, but you chose to twist the truth. That’s trolling.

I actually read the guy post the first post about "he hasn't schedule a visit yet, DePaul, etc may also be involved, return to WVU not out of the question." They will repost that 100 times today, it's their only thread of hope it's a possible failure to sign Michell. But believe me they are searching every social media platform to find ANYTHING to post a negative comment. It's sad really.
Maybe you and the others can practice posting without calling the other side out. I don't think you can do it, but I would love to see you try.

Talk about triggered.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It’s a spin because nobody was saying incoming players don’t want to play for Cal, they were talking about UK players not wanting to stay.

You can't claim all players don’t want to play for Cal when he has 3 top 10 kids coming in.

Thing is, you know these facts, but you chose to twist the truth. That’s trolling.
They also said this regarding transfer portal guys we have missed on. They were clearly not saying it only about UK players wanting to stay.

Thing is, you know these facts, but you chose to twist the truth. That’s trolling

I'll give you that, at least in principle. But soooooooo many deficiencies from that team were cleaned up with the transcendent talent in AD. Also, the depth behind them is where it falls further apart.
True.

Thus the “very poor (impoverished) man’s” part that I added.

This is not a 38-2 championship level squad, but the pieces are similar, at least the starters are similar. Not the same, but similar.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
True.

Thus the “very poor (impoverished) man’s” part that I added.

This is not a 38-2 championship level squad, but the pieces are similar, at least the starters are similar. Not the same, but similar.
The good thing is that college basketball isn't as good now as it was back then.With the portal the talent is more stretched out so their really isn't any great teams that stand above everyone.

They also said this regarding transfer portal guys we have missed on. They were clearly not saying it only about UK players wanting to stay.

Thing is, you know these facts, but you chose to twist the truth. That’s trolling
Who's "they"? Name these people.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We get Mitchell and this team has a shot at number 9, I believe. Looks like the off-season is making a great turnaround.
Lol not even close. We will have elite eight ceiling still. One man isn’t gonna be a game changer on a team of children. Haven’t you guys learned from these last several years to stop putting the cart before the horse? I have. No Cals gonna have to earn back some respect before I get my hopes up.

With that said wheeler is gone so there’s that.

Lol not even close. We will have elite eight ceiling still. One man isn’t gonna be a game changer on a team of children. Haven’t you guys learned from these last several years to stop putting the cart before the horse? I have. No Cals gonna have to earn back some respect before I get my hopes up.

Reeves is back also.

Who's "they"? Name these people.

Ok, a brief (very brief) search returned multiple examples including the ones below. They are clearly referencing transfers not wanting to commit to Cal. Don't act like this hasn't been a thing.

You may be a negative dude but I didn't think you were oblivious too.

Why would transfers want to play for a coach who prioritizes freshmen and cares more about their NBA draft stock than veteran player development? Cal had to jettison his veterans to live up to the playing time promises he made his blue chippers. You simply cannot recruit like it’s 2010 and win against teams that have 5th-year seniors and grad transfers. Next year could get ugly.

No adult wants to play for cal. That’s the story of his career at UK. They leave after freshman year or now that he ran off his entire team the writing is on the wall with transfers

I think he and others just want to play for a coach who is fair with all players and frankly knows how to coach.

This is becoming a joke to me. Maybe we fill the roster with who we want, but we should absolutely be eating 1st in the portal. It's starting to look like a combination of failed NIL with our basketball program, and Cal is just stale. Nobody cares to play in his antiquated offense.
No one gaf about UK anymore. The transfers don't, the freshmen don't and the players that are on the fence dont. It's all about NIL and money. Uk isn't getting it done with NIL.

This isn’t a player hitting the transfer portal and choosing to play for UK. If he transfers at all at this stage it’s due to his coach getting canned. All other blue bloods have their rosters set and if he comes here it’s due to no where else to go unless you want to play at a lesser school with zero/minimal visibility. If you want to give cal credit for this (if it happens) then no problem from me for doing so however I personally will not give him credit for a player landing in his lap due to extenuating circumstances after the transfer deadline has officially passed. We may get Reeves back too which also has zero to do with cal as Reeves has seemingly tried every way he could to get away.

Ok, a brief (very brief) search returned multiple examples including the ones below. They are clearly referencing transfers not wanting to commit to Cal. Don't act like this hasn't been a thing.

Well, they may be right, so far, he’s landed two 3* kids that won't play and every other transfer has turned his nose up at him. Looks like he's having a hard time hiring an assistant too.

You're tethering your rope to a sinking ship, just make sure you're here in March when Cal gets beat yet again by another shit coach with less talent.

Also, I'm not a negative poster, when Cal actually does his job, I'm the first one to step up and say he did a great job. I said it when Reeves returned too. But damn man, even you have to admit he has sucked the last 3 years

I'll give you that, at least in principle. But soooooooo many deficiencies from that team were cleaned up with the transcendent talent in AD. Also, the depth behind them is where it falls further apart.
Miller held that young team together multiple times throughout the season as well

And I stand by my statement. What player from the portal have we landed thus far? What other schools is Mitchell considering (I honestly don’t know as I haven’t seen his list). Would Mitchell even be on the portal at this very moment if not for Huggins? We both know the answer to that as he didn’t hit the portal during the initial timeline, only after Huggins was fired. Now dispute anything I said.

Why was I randomly quoted?

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcats1st
Well, they may be right, so far, he’s landed two 3* kids that won't play and every other transfer has turned his nose up at him. Looks like he's having a hard time hiring an assistant too.

You're tethering your rope to a sinking ship, just make sure you're here in March when Cal gets beat yet again by another shit coach with less talent.

Also, I'm not a negative poster, when Cal actually does his job, I'm the first one to step up and say he did a great job. I said it when Reeves returned too. But damn man, even you have to admit he has sucked the last 3 years
I'm tethering my rope to Kentucky basketball for better or for worse and right now Cal is the head of that ship.

Cal has brought me some great teams, great memories and some of my favorite players, so there is some loyalty there.

But to be honest some fans are so overwhelmingly negative they see nothing but red when it comes to Cal. I can't get there.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
And I stand by my statement. What player from the portal have we landed thus far? What other schools is Mitchell considering (I honestly don’t know as I haven’t seen his list). Would Mitchell even be on the portal at this very moment if not for Huggins? We both know the answer to that as he didn’t hit the portal during the initial timeline, only after Huggins was fired. Now dispute anything I said.
Good, you should. The person I replied to said no one was saying that. I simply used your post and others to illustrate people are indeed saying that.

Same here. He uses his quotations haphazardly
No I quoted you all because someone said that nobody was claiming that transfers didn't want to play for Cal and he asked for quotes.

Your quotes were among the ones I provided for him.

I think if we get Mitchell we have a chance to be really good. Whether it works out that way, idk. I just like the roster a lot better if this happens

I'm tethering my rope to Kentucky basketball for better or for worse and right now Cal is the head of that ship.

Cal has brought me some great teams, great memories and some of my favorite players, so there is some loyalty there.

But to be honest some fans are so overwhelmingly negative they see nothing but red when it comes to Cal. I can't get there.
I try to walk the line, I’m not pleased with calipari and know he presents some problems, but I like what they have done recently and like a lot of pieces on the roster and if they add mitchell I really like the roster

I think if we get Mitchell we have a chance to be really good. Whether it works out that way, idk. I just like the roster a lot better if this happens
We ll be decent but not Kentucky good. Landing Mitchell would probably ensure we make the tournament. as always though those early games matter for seedings and we will drop several early games. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are out of conference contention before the team starts to hit its stride.

We ll be decent but not Kentucky good. Landing Mitchell would probably ensure we make the tournament. as always though those early games matter for seedings and we will drop several early games. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are out of conference contention before the team starts to hit its stride.
I think Edwards and Wagner are going to be really, really good players. I know that people have been down on this recruiting class but I really like those two players. Reeves was terrible in the Kansas state game, but he did have some really good games last season. It will be interesting to see how much his game has improved. I think Reed Shepard is going to be a good role player on this team as well.

They were gonna make the tournament without Mitchell, getting Mitchell turns them into a second weekend team maybe more, but I m not getting that far ahead of myself yet

They were gonna make the tournament without Mitchell, getting Mitchell turns them into a second weekend team maybe more, but I m not getting that far ahead of myself yet
I definitely wouldn’t. I mean the last three years we were top 5 going in. I just don’t have faith in cal anymore. I don’t think without Mitchell we are a lock to make the tournament. Lunardi has us an 8 seed. I know it doesn’t mean much but we are starting out already close to the bubble. And after 2020 and that class I have zero faith anymore in freshman to even play. It’s a big problem this team is so freshman heavy. They aren’t beating a tested, aged, physical team in the sweet sixteen hell if they get that far

I definitely wouldn’t. I mean the last three years we were top 5 going in. I just don’t have faith in cal anymore. I don’t think without Mitchell we are a lock to make the tournament. Lunardi has us an 8 seed. I know it doesn’t mean much but we are starting out already close to the bubble. And after 2020 and that class I have zero faith anymore in freshman to even play. It’s a big problem this team is so freshman heavy. They aren’t beating a tested, aged, physical team in the sweet sixteen hell if they get that far
I look at like without Mitchell they are what they were this year maybe a little better not much, they would be a middle of the pack team and 5-8 seed for sure and never really challenge. But add mitchell and I think they can be a 3 or 4 seed maybe better. But I’m not getting ahead anymore and sayin oh yeah Kentucky is a lock for a final four or stuff like that

No I quoted you all because someone said that nobody was claiming that transfers didn't want to play for Cal and he asked for quotes.

Your quotes were among the ones I provided for him.

Dude, we still have to land the kid. We have zero transfers this season. Look at the portal rankings. We aren't ranked.

I look at like without Mitchell they are what they were this year maybe a little better not much, they would be a middle of the pack team and 5-8 seed for sure and never really challenge. But add mitchell and I think they can be a 3 or 4 seed maybe better. But I’m not getting ahead anymore and sayin oh yeah Kentucky is a lock for a final four or stuff like that
Is Mitchell taking the visit now? He’s on campus?

It really will depend on how good the freshman are. If they're 2017 level good, we'll compete for the SEC title and earn a 2 or 3 seed. If they're 2011 good, we'll probably end up in that 4 to 5 seed line.

As usual you're spewing nonsense. We have had plenty of older players from the portal who have played for UK for the past several years. We have won one NCAA tournament victory during that time. Cal has finally gone back to recruiting very talented freshmen players.
He has had a lot more success over the years relying on freshmen players than he has transfers.
The fact that Reeves came back and that Mitchell seems to be getting ready to sign with UK is important. It is further proof that all of this talk about older players hating Cal is nonsense. You and other haters don't want the team to succeed. That's why you spend so much time criticizing every thing the coach does. He can't win with people like you because you are full of irrational hatred for the man.
Many of you Cal haters also resent it when some of the players go on to the NBA and make millions. Some of you don't like the fact that players can get paid now. Many of you are just mean and hateful.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
It really will depend on how good the freshman are. If they're 2017 level good, we'll compete for the SEC title and earn a 2 or 3 seed. If they're 2011 good, we'll probably end up in that 4 to 5 seed line.
Sure but the freshman quality has quickly deteriorated since then. These are post COVID gen zs man. They have a completely different mindset. We ll see how much they can take from cal before they crack

Reactions: Fox2monk

You don’t think burks plays? I think he plays some and will be good player off the bench

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT