ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell Starting Tonight

I am fine with this, if only to have a more veteran guy out there early to calm us down a bit maybe, and give us a touch more shooting against that zone and maybe operate in the middle of it.

Also worried about Thiero getting into foul trouble, so maybe this prevents an early ticky tack foul.
Then start him for Ugo. Oakland doesn't have the size to concern us, why 2 bigs?

It's funny that Cal starts bad freshman that are "NBA picks" but are clearly not ready to set the tone of the game. But YET he has two top 5 picks sitting on the bench and won't set the tone of the game. Dude's a dumbass.

John Benny Calipari will never ever skip a chance to give BBN the middle finger , either subtlety or just in your face .. this one is subtle , he will change the starting lineup , but F U to all you hillbillies who think Reed or Rob should start
That is the only thing that makes sense here. It’s a FU to everyone who questions his gigantic ego. BBN first and talking heads for daring suggest it.

I don't like having to say this, but Calipari's a pathetic excuse of a coach. Nobody in the country would have them sitting on the bench to start the game, let alone the tourney.

A question for the Cal pumpers, how bad does it have to get for you all to wake up?

Anyone who buys Cal's house when he moves is a scum. Let it rot to the ground...

They said UK is crap in the post so Cal is gonna prove them wrong by starting 3 bigs and going inside every time. Probably spot them 6 points. 😄

I am fine with this, if only to have a more veteran guy out there early to calm us down a bit maybe, and give us a touch more shooting against that zone and maybe operate in the middle of it.

Also worried about Thiero getting into foul trouble, so maybe this prevents an early ticky tack foul.

You can be fine with it my man but Calipari is not doing what it takes to make this team tick. This is NOT HARD, it’s just not. You start your best players and you play them. He’s not got 3 of his best players on the bench to start round 1. Everyone that backs Calipari is trying to come up with some type of way that it all makes sense. It doesn’t make sense. Nobody does this, Calipari himself has never done this.

A player always runs a risk of foul trouble it’s never been a reason to bench your best players, period.

Calipari is doing what he does. Not everyone can understand it though.

I’m just glad he gone soon.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Might be an attempt to give Tre some confidence as well and try to get him going early?

Idk...I just don't know.

Nope. That’s not why.

Until people finally get it, Calipari doesn’t care about winning here anymore. He cares about whatever his thin skin is itching from. Notice everything he does is against what normal, everyday coaching and coaching philosophy is.

It’s to piss everyone off on his way out. He’s a douchebag, a dick. He cares about nothing but himself. His charity is about himself. He’s a grad A salesman who doesn’t give a rip about anything other than himself. He’s a narcissist and that’s why every single place he’s left, they hate him. The NBA hates him; Memphis hates him, Jersey hates him, Kentucky hates him, the ncaa hates him; this program hated him before he got here, the officials hate him. When are some gonna get a clue? That’s not normal?

Guys this isn’t hard. Let’s just pray we get lucky and if he gets far enough he’d rather win it.

Nope. That’s not why.

Until people finally get it, Calipari doesn’t care about winning here anymore. He cares about whatever his thin skin is itching from. Notice everything he does is against what normal, everyday coaching and coaching philosophy is.

It’s to piss everyone off on his way out. He’s a douchebag, a dick. He cares about nothing but himself. His charity is about himself. He’s a grad A salesman who doesn’t give a rip about anything other than himself. He’s a narcissist and that’s why every single place he’s left, they hate him.

Guys this isn’t hard. Let’s just pray we get lucky and if he gets far enough he’d rather win it.
Ehh, Mitchell has a hand in all four of our points. So maybe this wasn't such a bad call after all.

We have won being aggressive taking 3s. Not doing that. Also in a post before this game I said practice long rebounding and we didn't.

I heard cow is making a change to the lineup. I thought could it be? Oh, he made it worse somehow. Guys clueless.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Great take.
Dude...you and I have been saying since we were blue in the face that Tre Mitchell should not be playing...and if he did, it needed to be minimal at best.

It is no coincidence that UK played its best basketball down the stretch when Tre was out/played minimal minutes. This included wins at Auburn, vs Bama, and at UT. The second Cal started playing Tre big minutes was the SEC tourney. Our offense became stagnant, and Tre was abused defensively and provided no rim protection, and couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Then the same thing happens again against Oakland.

The offense was beyond stagnant, and Tre got abused defensively in the post.

But remember, all the Tre slurpers wanted him playing. Unbelievable .

Great take.

Is this a joke?

Mitchell was our 2nd best player in that game.

14 points, 13 rebounds, 50% FG

You somehow CONTINUE to show how little you know about the sport.

I bashed Mitchell more than just about anyone on this board but trying to sit there and act like he didn't play well is a total joke of a take.

Him and Reeves are the only ones that seemed like they wanted to be on the floor that night.

Last edited:
Reactions: ala_kat2
Is this a joke?

Mitchell was our 2nd best player in that game.

14 points, 13 rebounds, 50% FG

You somehow CONTINUE to show how little you know about the sport.

I bashed Mitchell more than just about anyone on this board but trying to sit there and act like he didn't play well is a total joke of a take.

Him and Reeves are the only ones that seemed like they wanted to be on the floor that night.
Mitchell did his part well and kept us in the game early until Reeves got going. But I’m still trying to figure out what Cal told them. Seems all our guards other than Reeves were taken out of their game by Oakland’s zone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT