ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

clevenger32

Junior
Mar 22, 2009
Saw where in the ESPN rankings for the class of 2024 for the Travis Perry from Lyon County is ranked 57th. Some people that have seen him play and saw him play in the state tournament I think that he could very well end up being better than Reed Shepard which in my opinion would be pretty darn good and worthy of his home state school pursuing him. Does anyone know if UK has even sent him an email?

Last edited:
Perry is a good player but not as explosive as Sheppard and also not as big. Sheppard is an elite athlete with a great first step. Perry is an average athlete that is a very good basketball player. He looks like a kid that plays at Creighton and makes a name for himself at tournament time. I wish him the best, but not a UK caliber athlete IMO.

Perry is a good player but not as explosive as Sheppard and also not as big. Sheppard is an elite athlete with a great first step. Perry is an average athlete that is a very good basketball player. He looks like a kid that plays at Creighton and makes a name for himself at tournament time. I wish him the best, but not a UK caliber athlete IMO.
Hope he proves you wrong. I think about all the kids that have played at UK that contributed to SEC, deep runs in the NCAA tournaments from the state that fit your description. Guess they are all blessed to have been there when there was a different recruiting and coaching mindset.

What about the 56th and 58th guys from insert random state...should we go after them as well? If the answer is no, then why are we even talking about this guy for UK.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
What about the 56th and 58th guys from insert random state...should we go after them as well? If the answer is no, then why are we even talking about this guy for UK.
I say if they are from one of our bordering states we shoul have our eye on him.

Saw where in the ESPN rankings for the class of 2024 for the Travis Perry from Lyon County is ranked 57th. Some people that have seen him play and saw him play in the state tournament I think that he could very well end up being better than Reed Shepard which in my opinion would be pretty darn good and worthy of his home state school pursuing him. Does anyone know if UK has even sent him an email?
I’ve seen the kid play, and there’s no way in hell he’s as good as Reed Shepard. It’s not even close. By the time he’s a senior he won’t be in the top 100. No way UK recruits him. He may be able to play at EKU or WKU, but not Kentucky.

Reactions: Bluefinger
Jon Hood was once nationally top 40 in his class and a solid scorer in the state, but had no business playing at UK.

Can’t really say that about Jon, he had major knee problems. There is a reason he and Kawhi Leonard were once ranked close together — the kid was a potential star coming out of HS.

I could see a Ford comparison. Tyler no way and Reed Sheppard no way. He's a good player though. Will need to see how the next couple of years go.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Rather have BJ Boston? That kind of “athlete”?

• Haha
Reactions: Dirt Court King
Hope he proves you wrong. I think about all the kids that have played at UK that contributed to SEC, deep runs in the NCAA tournaments from the state that fit your description. Guess they are all blessed to have been there when there was a different recruiting and coaching mindset.

Rather have BJ Boston? That kind of “athlete”?
I hope he proves me wrong too. He's a very good basketball player. Shoots the ball great and knows the game. That still doesn't mean he is an explosive athlete. Just my opinion after seeing the kid play a few times. Reed is a good enough athlete to play in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT