ADVERTISEMENT

Toppins comments on Wheeler

Look, take some time and come up with some better stuff. That makes absolutely no sense. Like a toddler jabbering.
You can't resist the name calling. I feel sorry for you. Based on your low post count, it is obvious you have been kicked off the site numerous time.

Last edited:
Are you drunk, seriously? I quoted you. ??? What is going on with you?
At the risk of insulting 12 or 13 year olds, you must be about 12 or 13. Since I don't play with kids, I will just block you. Debating with you is like picking low hanging fruit. I don't expect you to understand what that means. Lol

Maybe the bench is a good place for you. Other than not playing the point guard position to your liking, this young man hasn't done anything deserving of the daily criticism that he receives. He doesn't belittle fans. You don't hear that he is being disruptive and causing a division within the team or anything like that. If you don't like him, focus your anger at the person who brought him to the team and puts him on the court. He didn't play at all 2 games ago. He didn't start in the last game and received very little playing time when he did go in. Is that enough for you or have you made a sport out criticizing him? How about saving further criticism for him when or if he gets back into the game and screws up? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Evidently you aren't watching the game. Against Georgia, he came in threw the ball away and then didn't guard a 3 point shot. Five point swing in the minute or so he was in the game. You are right....enough is enough

You can't resist the name calling. I feel sorry for you. How many times have you been kicked off the site?
Where are these messages of mine talking badly of Wheeler? You incorrectly said that I had made them. Come on. Where are they? There are none. I am critical of Cal, not the players. You don't know what you're talking about.

Evidently you aren't watching the game. Against Georgia, he came in threw the ball away and then didn't guard a 3 point shot. Five point swing in the minute or so he was in the game. You are right....enough is enough
You obviously didn't read my posts during that game. After he made his last attempted pass to Oscar, I posted that I couldn't defend him. However, that doesn't mean that it is necessary to bash him every single day. Again, if you have issues with him playing, take it up with Cal.

Last edited:
At the risk of insulting 12 or 13 year olds, you must be about 12 or 13. Since I don't play with kids, I will just block you. Debating with you is like picking low hanging fruit. I don't expect you to understand what that means. Lol
Funny you mention that- I initially thought you were very young. Then I realized you're very old. Elderly to the point of acting irrationally childish. You should be ashamed of how you've acted.

Oh and I now remember you. You're the crazy old guy that said a bunch of offensive stuff and claimed someone hacked your account. I think you blamed a moderator. You are either taking medication you shouldn't be, or you need medication you're not taking.

Good luck trying to talk and reason with this guy. He's nuts

Funny you mention that- I initially thought you were very young. Then I realized you're very old. Elderly to the point of acting irrationally childish. You should be ashamed of how you've acted.

Oh and I now remember you. You're the crazy old guy that said a bunch of offensive stuff and claimed someone hacked your account. I think you blamed a moderator. You are either taking medication you shouldn't be, or you need medication you're not taking.
Now you are simply lying, but don't let that stop you. You can't remember who you are with all of your usernames, so there is very little chance of you remembering anyone else. Is there anything that you haven't done? I am sure it won't be long before you will cross the line and have to use another username. You are probably lucky to keep one active for more than a week.

Last edited:
He isn't the only one. There are a couple other unfamiliar low post count usernames online tonight with similar behavior.
It’s real prevalent on here and it’s ridiculous. People literally create new usernames just to hop in a controversial thread. Like they don’t want people to know they hold a not so popular opinion. It’s absurd.

Now you are simply lying, but don't let that stop you. You can't remember who you are with all of your usernames, so there is very little chance of you remembering anyone else. Is there anything that you haven't done? I am sure it won't be long before you will cross the line and have to use another username. You are probably lucky to keep one active for more than a week.
I thought you blocked me? I remember you correctly, all right. And I'm still waiting on those messages of mine about Wheeler.

It’s real prevalent on here and it’s ridiculous. People literally create new usernames just to hop in a controversial thread. Like they don’t want people to know they hold a not so popular opinion. It’s absurd.
Yeah, but many of them do it because they need a personal attack username. Russellreserve1 is a perfect example.

He was referencing me. The only thing I said was players shouldn't be reading message boards or social media. For some reason that set him off. That's not a controversial point of view.

Russellreserve1 has been acting in a way that he would never consider doing if he was actually in the same venue with that person. Message boards spawn a lot of cyber tough guys.
Honestly, I haven’t read all the posts in this thread. Just kinda skimming through them.

Honestly, I haven’t read all the posts in this thread. Just kinda skimming through them.
I typically avoid conversing with low posts count posters because too often they are posters who have repeatedly been booted out of the forum. They normally revert to name calling when they are unable to defend their argument/position, so it simply isn't worth it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
We are in a look at me era. But can't take the heat for anything.
The cyber world has helped create an environment where people no longer seem capable of having civil disagreement. If your only defense for your position is name calling, you don't have a defense.

I don’t think other programs have players drug through the mud like at Kentucky
I hope our team understands that the haters on social media are just a small portion of this proud fanbase.
What an ignorant post. Every program has bad fans, if you knew anything about sports you would know that. You’re a moron if you think “ other programs don’t have players drug through the mud like Kentucky”. That’s bull crap.

Do you think there are any posters here who don’t want to him to do well?

These guys gave up immunity to criticism the instant NIL came into play. Wheeler isn’t out there playing subpar for free. And it has been proven, not only by posters on this board but professional basketball analysts. that Wallace over Wheeler is a key ingredient to the best line up in all of college basketball.

I do agree that saying things like “Wheeler is trash” is needless and unproductive. And while I don’t agree with it I don’t think the proper response to said criticism is to whine about it when you’re making 6-7 figures playing a game. You either work hard to change perception and the cold hard numbers or you keep quiet, collect your check, and either suffer through like the rest of us do or move to a school where you feel you’ll be happier.

Wheeler’s destiny and perception are almost entirely in his control. Albeit, there will always be folks who don’t like him. That’s life. There are people who don’t like Jesus so I’m not sure how you expect Wheeler to go through life with not afforded to the only perfect being to grace this planet.
Yes, I do think there are posters here who don't want him to do well. The example you give is posted here daily- Wheeler is trash or Wheeler sucks or Wheeler isn't UK caliber or Wheeler shouldn't play a minute. It's hate. I've agreed with your premise in paragraph 1, by the way. It's clear, the numbers bear it out that Wheeler must play a lesser role. I'm not even arguing.

Here's what I'm arguing. We need Wheeler to embrace that lesser role because he's still on the team and will still be needed. So, we've proven he should play less, now let's support him. We don't need him any more upset than he already would be naturally, and any of us would feel the same way. And it's clear they do read comments from fans, just based on Toppin's comments. These guys love Wheeler. We should too. That's all I'm saying. I know there are many who won't be able to do that, but I can ask.

And as for Jesus being hated, no doubt, He was. It was wrong when they hated Him, though, it was unjust hate. Probably not your best example. And for us who follow His example, we're told to love one another and treat others as we would want to be treated. Our fans have not come close to doing this with Wheeler. We've done the opposite. And constructive criticism is fine, as I've said many times. But gratuitous insults, as I mentioned above, don't help anyone. We can support him even while saying he shouldn't be playing as much. We want him to do well in his more limited role.

And I'm sure you don't hate him, which is shown from your thoughtful response instead of a one-liner insults which I often get when attempting to talk about Wheeler.

As for Wheeler needing to learn how to persevere through hate and hyper criticism, BBN has been teaching him that for well over a year now. I'm not sure if he's learned to endure it well or not, but he's getting that lesson every single day right here. He's the unfortunate son this season, without question. I wonder, though, if we should make it our goal to be the source of someone's persecution? To be the reason they must learn perseverance and patience? To be the jerks who try to cause another's suffering to teach them to have a stronger character? I don't think that's a virtue. If it were, we'd be a holy group for sure in regard to Wheeler.

Yes, I do think there are posters here who don't want him to do well. The example you give is posted here daily- Wheeler is trash or Wheeler sucks or Wheeler isn't UK caliber or Wheeler shouldn't play a minute. It's hate. I've agreed with your premise in paragraph 1, by the way. It's clear, the numbers bear it out that Wheeler must play a lesser role. I'm not even arguing.

Here's what I'm arguing. We need Wheeler to embrace that lesser role because he's still on the team and will still be needed. So, we've proven he should play less, now let's support him. We don't need him any more upset than he already would be naturally, and any of us would feel the same way. And it's clear they do read comments from fans, just based on Toppin's comments. These guys love Wheeler. We should too. That's all I'm saying. I know there are many who won't be able to do that, but I can ask.

And as for Jesus being hated, no doubt, He was. It was wrong when they hated Him, though, it was unjust hate. Probably not your best example. And for us who follow His example, we're told to love one another and treat others as we would want to be treated. Our fans have not come close to doing this with Wheeler. We've done the opposite. And constructive criticism is fine, as I've said many times. But gratuitous insults, as I mentioned above, don't help anyone. We can support him even while saying he shouldn't be playing as much. We want him to do well in his more limited role.

And I'm sure you don't hate him, which is shown from your thoughtful response instead of a one-liner insults which I often get when attempting to talk about Wheeler.

As for Wheeler needing to learn how to persevere through hate and hyper criticism, BBN has been teaching him that for well over a year now. I'm not sure if he's learned to endure it well or not, but he's getting that lesson every single day right here. He's the unfortunate son this season, without question. I wonder, though, if we should make it our goal to be the source of someone's persecution? To be the reason they must learn perseverance and patience? To be the jerks who try to cause another's suffering to teach them to have a stronger character? I don't think that's a virtue. If it were, we'd be a holy group for sure in regard to Wheeler.
You make good points. Constructive criticism is fine but some of the things that are said, people go to far. I’m hoping the majority of the people that go overboard are young. As a father, if Wheeler was my son I’d be mad as hell if I read some of these posts. Anyone that has children on this site would feel the same way.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
You make good points. Constructive criticism is fine but some of the things that are said, people go to far. I’m hoping the majority of the people that go overboard are young. As a father, if Wheeler was my son I’d be mad as hell if I read some of these posts. Anyone that has children on this site would feel the same way.
Yep, I agree. I have 5 children and 3 sons ages 26, 22, and 18. That probably does affect how I react to the gratuitous insults and attacks. I know how they would respond to this and how I would defend them as their father. And maybe that's a good rule of thumb for us- how would you offer constructive criticism if that was your son?

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Russellreserve1 has been acting in a way that he would never consider doing if he was actually in the same venue with that person. Message boards spawn a lot of cyber tough guys.
Lol you're absolutely insane. You came at me, saying my parents would be embarrassed that I think players shouldn't be reading message boards. Over that. That's all I said. And you went ballistic. My mom and dad are extremely lucky to have me for a son. I do things for them and give them money every day. You should be ashamed of yourself and how you insulted them.

I'm still waiting for you to provide the messages where I said anything bad about Wheeler.

I'll tell you what, any time you would like to meet in person, let's go. Tough guy. Truth is you're a senile old fool that misread my post and then couldn't figure out how to get out of what you'd said. You even lied about blocking me. Grow up, grandpa.

I watched the Kansas game from last year earlier and that is the player wheeler needs to be. He was phenomenal in that game because he was focused on creating and looking to pass.

only natural for players to defend each other on most teams, but Toppins wants someone else to take the heat since he can not play consistently. He is up and down like a yo yo. Fans had hoped for a major improvement over Brooks, but in reality, they are just about the same player
Wheeler needs limited minutes and none at clutch time
Exactly. Toppin should worry about himself. There's plenty to work on there without worrying about Wheeler getting enough "credit." He's been arguably the biggest disappointment of this season.

(Also: Is receiving credit for some of the worst basketball in UK history a good thing? It's a strange flex.)

If I were Wheeler reading comments here and elsewhere, I'd be fluctuating between rage and depression. We really do need him to embrace a lesser role on the team, assuming that truly is what it must be. I definitely see that is true, by the way. But the incessant attacks on him here, thread after thread, do get irritating. And they are unnecessary. It has been said a thousand times.

As I've said here in other threads, I am sure he will still have his day and will help this team in a critical game and at a critical time, perhaps multiple times before this season is done. The people saying he should never play are wrong for multiple reasons. Less minutes? No doubt. No longer a starter? Yes. I think we've seen that. But the hateful comments about him, and please don't act like they're not here every single day, are over the top and unnecessary. He still has a role to play on this team and we should all want him to do well.
Totally agree.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Wouldn’t expect a teammate to be like “yeah you see how we’re winning without him”. I think it’s become clear to everyone that Wheeler has to play a diminished role. Jacob handled it diplomatically by somewhat subliminally acknowledging that Wheeler would come off the bench moving forward. There’s also those like me who have advocated not playing him whatsoever and facilitating his transfer to a better fit. We also have to accept that Wheeler will be playing a role on this team. I’ll stand by my opinion that it will hurt the team and severely limit our chances at making the tournament, much less tournament success. But he’s part of whatever it is that has been built, so I’ll have to deal with the frustration.
Damn BigKari, first time I've ever disagreed with you.

Reactions: BigKari
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT