ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Payne

Rupp picked the biggest POS he could find to be our Jackie Robinson. SMH...
If you’re talking breaking the color barrier, THIS is our “Jackie Robinson”.

670405Northington02.jpg

Reactions: J_Dee and Bluesnky
Payne was a highly sought after recruit despite being new to the game in high school. Came from a good family with his father in the military. He was difficult but not a lost cause in college.

After his father died, things seemed to turn for the worst.

To blame Rupp is ignorant.
They actually went and interviewed Payne in prison for that documentary created to counter the racist angle of the Glory Road film. He only had good things to say about Rupp and shouldered the blame for screwing up.

They actually went and interviewed Payne in prison for that documentary created to counter the racist angle of the Glory Road film. He only had good things to say about Rupp and shouldered the blame for screwing up.
I was there when they interviewed him. Worked at that prison for a few yrs after retiring from the fed prison system. Don’t think he has much left in him, could be wrong.

I'm fairly certain all these concerns were known and discussed by the parole board. Especially with someone of Payne's history of a repeat offender, former parole beneficiary, etc.

I pray his victims have found peace, and that Tom Payne has found something in his life to keep him from violating women.

I think we all know his life outside isnt going to be easy. He'll be broke, jobless, a registered sex offender, and at 7ft tall he isnt exactly going to fade into the crowd.

There is no happy ending here for him, and I doubt his victims or anyone else feels he deserves one. That sounds about right to me.

Reactions: J_Dee and JPScott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT