ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne,John Robic and Cal's Replacement

Feb 23, 2024
Kenny Payne was assistant since 2020, the real start of our misery. John Robic left after our historic bad year. Did they help with them early Cal Teams? Robic was he more of a defense coach, Payne helped with our big men. Do you think since they both left it hurt our program or is it just Cal?
We can find a way to buy Cal out and I think two realistic options would be Scott Drew, and Bruce Pearl. I used to be anti Bruce but he is passionate about winning and he always is favorable toward Kentucky and its fans. The small violation things are no different than what Cal has done.

Last edited:
It's mostly Cal. I doubt those two made any meaningful contributions. Cal doesn't let his assistants do that.

Reactions: 9timeChampion
Kenny Payne was assistant since 2020, the real start of our misery. John Robic left after our historic bad year. Did they help with them early Cal Teams? Robic was he more of a defense coach, Payne helped with our big men. Do you think since they both left it hurt our program or is it just Cal?
We can find a way to buy Cal out and I think two realistic options would be Scott Drew, and Bruce Pearl. I used to be anti Bruce but he is passionate about winning and he always is favorable toward Kentucky and its fans. The small violation things are no different than what Cal has done.

KP was here since 2010 until he left.

I think the loss of both of these assistants hurt bad. Robic in particular.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT