ADVERTISEMENT

Told You Reeves is Elite…Listen to Me

No Way Bird GIF

He's got guards now that can beat their man and find him.
YUUUUUUUP.

He's not having to be the only servicable guard at times.

It's a guard's game now. And by goodness....we've got them in spades. DJ, Reed, Reeves can score. Dilly is there as help and so is Theiro.

We're in good shape. Just need to get our bigs up to speed to have some rebounding help and inside presence on smaller teams and let's see what happens!

I like Reeves and I am happy that he returned. We will need him but he is not elite. He is a streak shooter with poor handles. He is bad on defense tends to over penetrate .Tends to force shots but when he’s on he’s on.
He isn’t really a streak shooter. Handles and defense do need work. But the guy can shoot it up there with anyone we’ve ever had. And with the guys around him, should get lots of great looks this year.

It was annoying hearing people not wanting him back because of the K-State game .

I get being worried about him coming back because you are concerned about if he really wanted to return to UK but using 1 bad game is crazy . Not to mention we need a few Vets .
Shaudy, I said what I said about Reeves as a coping mechanism in case we lost him on top if all the others. Though I am still amazed he shot us out of the NCAAs w/1 of 15, Im damn glad we have him back!

Would like him to step to the line and knock those down. Seems to be hitting 1 or 2 most times.

Never understood blaming Reeves for the loss to KState because he couldn’t hit threes as he did leading up to that game. Shooters go cold
I blame the guy who wouldn’t adapt to that situation and draw up another game plan. Especially when Reeves was not the only player
But that’s just me

He will lead the SEC in scoring and take us on a deep run. Recognize Talent
He can flat shoot the ball, it was clear as day last year that he could score. I wanted him back bad and that was my #1 problem with the off-season when it looked like we wouldn’t retain him. He’s really good.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
Never understood blaming Reeves for the loss to KState because he couldn’t hit threes as he did leading up to that game. Shooters go cold
I blame the guy who wouldn’t adapt to that situation and draw up another game plan. Especially when Reeves was not the only player
But that’s just me
I mean in the end if he knocks a couple down we win. He was the only one getting a lot of outside looks in the game. That venue was terrible to shoot in and K-State made 3 late.

But that’s just me
Too stubborn to make changes because he is never wrong

It was annoying hearing people not wanting him back because of the K-State game .

I get being worried about him coming back because you are concerned about if he really wanted to return to UK but using 1 bad game is crazy . Not to mention we need a few Vets .
After I heard about the hall change before that game I empathized with his bad shooting night.

Balls, rims, the gym, nets even, all make a difference to shooters. There needs to be a one official ball in the NCAA. I’ve never really seen or felt a bad all leather real game ball, but I think they’re not the same anymore.

But that’s just me

At some point Reeves had to know it wasn't his day. There's other things he could have done rather than shoot a three.... drive the basketball maybe get fouled and be put on the line, swing it to another player.

Reeves can be an elite college scorer without necessarily being an elite draft prospect.

And make no mistake, the kid is a scorer — not just a shooter. He is supremely confident. Some of the shots he takes I would not want other players taking. But I don’t mind him taking them at all.

This. To me he looks totally different already just due to the different composition of this team.

Loved how Reed and Reeves worked together against the Africa team. Reed knew he was on fire and when Reeves got open he got the ball. I think the net's still smoking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
At some point Reeves had to know it wasn't his day. There's other things he could have done rather than shoot a three.... drive the basketball maybe get fouled and be put on the line, swing it to another player.

We just didn’t have many other options last year besides Cason. Toppin never lived up to his potential. Reeves had to try to do too much. Not the case this year!

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Shaudy, I said what I said about Reeves as a coping mechanism in case we lost him on top if all the others. Though I am still amazed he shot us out of the NCAAs w/1 of 15, Im damn glad we have him back!
It was because he was the only 3 pt shooter. On this time if cold he won't feel the need to keep taking that many shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT