ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Svoboda needing prayers and more

TCurtis75

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
Just saw that former UK icon Todd Svoboda is dealing with some pretty severe medical issues that resulted in the amputation of one leg below the knee. He can certainly use the prayers of BBN. If anyone feels inclined, there is a gofundme for him as well. Here is the link.

Get well soon!

svoboda.png

Get well soon big fella. I will never forget the victory cigar three he hit against FSU at the end of the game in the Elite 8. That led to the first Final Four for me as a UK fan.
So sorry to hear.

I was on a transatlantic Delta flight between ATL and FRK, Germany when that game was played. We watched part of first half on main monitor before departure. I asked a stewardess if she could somehow obtain the score, although held out little hope.

Lo and behold, Captain got on the intercom hour later and read final score. "For that fan who was interested in final score for Florida State - Kentucky game, Kentucky won 106-81". Too freaking cool.

Again, get well soon, Todd.

College friend and I were talking a week ago, and Svoboda (& Brady) came up, because I played with them in a pickup game way back then in Seaton Center on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT