ADVERTISEMENT

I need to vent, from someone who is completely screwed....

I've mentioned my health issues various times here before. I've only ever let off some steam, or spoke about them. Then there was time I asked for prayer, that thread would be on Dec. 31st or Jan. 1st (the baby only made it around thirteen hours, I don't remember if I started the thread late or early), that was when my sister's baby passed. I'm not on here to scam anyone and of you want to take the time to go through my previous post, you can. I didn't ask for anything this time but I am also able to humble myself, I'm not gonna turn help despite my pride, when it is offered. I'm aware, we are in a bad situation, which is why I came here to vent. I'm trying to maintain the strong front at home, so I have to keep telling her it will be okay. She has the number, name and she will be calling today about the job, for which I am grateful.
I apologize if I offended you. You sure don't need that but I too have had hard to take life experiences. We all do. If I could, I would hold your hand. It would make me feel better.

Reactions: Fgpoe03
I apologize if I offended you. You sure don't need that but I too have had hard to take life experiences. We all do. If I could, I would hold your hand. It would make me feel better.

Compassion is all we have in times like this. I wish I was on the other end this time, where I was the one able to give help. I understand being cautious, I've gotten duped before myself. This is completely legitimate and all advice, prayers, the number with the job or anything else people do is greatly appreciated. I've never been this far down before, so I'm reading every post carefully, for anything I haven't tried or any suggestions I haven't thought of. I only set up the PayPal because people seemed interested, it took me a bit because this is literally my social media. It was a pain but I stuck with it (although she probably did most the work) because I know even five dollars right now could mean a huge difference. She does FB but I guess that's about the only thing she is familiar with. Anyway, you are okay, we are all friends here. I'm just still overwhelmed by the compassion people have shown.

Reactions: UKvisitor
@morgousky or @Born and raised Big Blue send me a PM and help me validate the situation. Better to take offline. Thx.

If you would like me to take the PayPal off of there I will, or my email. No one has donated and I don't want to lose advice or prayers, if that's the thing concerning you. She hasn't called yet as it's 8:37 a.m. here about the job but she literally has the name and number sitting right in front of her. Like I said, if you need me to take that part off lmk.

Why did you chastise him and not the other one who called God cruel?

Look, I'm not saying God exists or doesn't exist. I'm fine with people believing whatever they want to believe.

But, if you were an all good, all knowing and all powerful omnipotent being and you knew about this man's situation, would you do nothing about it? Of course you wouldn't, you'd want to help out like everyone else on this thread.

I'm pulling for the OP and would be happy to donate some to a GoFundMe if they end up starting one.

If you would like me to take the PayPal off of there I will, or my email. No one has donated and I don't want to lose advice or prayers, if that's the thing concerning you. She hasn't called yet as it's 8:37 a.m. here about the job but she literally has the name and number sitting right in front of her. Like I said, if you need me to take that part off lmk.
Not at all man, I just prefer things to be less public so taking offline. i will be in touch. Just hang tight.

Okay, a little confused. I'm really not trying to miss out on advice I might not know of. So like I said I'm willing to take the other part down.

Look, I'm not saying God exists or doesn't exist. I'm fine with people believing whatever they want to believe.

But, if you were an all good, all knowing and all powerful omnipotent being and you knew about this man's situation, would you do nothing about it? Of course you wouldn't, you'd want to help out like everyone else on this thread.

I'm pulling for the OP and would be happy to donate some to a GoFundMe if they end up starting one.
You're suggesting that the only way God works is to intervene in a supernatural manner and if He doesn't, then you aren't inclined to believe in Him? How arrogant.

Maybe God works through other people, you know, by others showing compassion, I don't know, like maybe people donating to a GoFundMe to a person they don't even know because they are acting by faith to do what they know would please God.

It's a very myopic view that tries to pigeonhole God and then scoff when He doesn't appear like a Genie from a bottle and grant them three wishes.

Every American adult making less than like 100,000k or so will qualify. It's a UBI or universal basic income to either provide or supplement living cost while the pandemic is ongoing. So ideally, you and your fiance should each get a check for roughly 750 - 1000 month, could even be more, but those are the most common numbers mentioned at this point.

Heard it was increased to 1200 per individual and 500 per child per month. Anyone know if that's true?

Reactions: Looksbetterinblue
You're suggesting that the only way God works is to intervene in a supernatural manner and if He doesn't, then you aren't inclined to believe in Him? How arrogant.

Maybe God works through other people, you know, by others showing compassion, I don't know, like maybe people donating to a GoFundMe to a person they don't even know because they are acting by faith to do what they know would please God.

It's a very myopic view that tries to pigeonhole God and then scoff when He doesn't appear like a Genie from a bottle and grant them three wishes.

Maybe I believe that the decisions I make are mine and not someone else's, I don't believe in fate. And this is where I will end my participation in things. My intention was not to take away from the OPs situation, if I have done that, I apologize. We can have a religious debate at another, more appropriate time.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I told him she will be calling! And will pass on her name! I hope it works out! I’ll text him now.

I just wanted to thank you again a thousand times over. She has an interview set up with Bengi, I don't know how to ever repay you but thank you so much. You have given light to someone in a dark time. You are an amazing person, I know we don't know each other personally and that just says even more about the person you are. God bless you.

Maybe I believe that the decisions I make are mine and not someone else's, I don't believe in fate. And this is where I will end my participation in things. My intention was not to take away from the OPs situation, if I have done that, I apologize. We can have a religious debate at another, more appropriate time.
I never said anything about fate. You clearly didn't read for comprehension. Anyway, laters.

I just wanted to thank you again a thousand times over. She has an interview set up with Bengi, I don't know how to ever repay you but thank you so much. You have given light to someone in a dark time. You are an amazing person, I know we don't know each other personally and that just says even more about the person you are. God bless you.
Amen to that. God does work through people for His glory.

Heard it was increased to 1200 per individual and 500 per child per month. Anyone know if that's true?
Sort of! it depends on your income and tax liability. However, that is only the senate republicans proposal and most don't think it covers enough people or length of time. Likely it will be enhanced to more funds, more people and more payments.

I never said anything about fate. You clearly didn't read for comprehension. Anyway, laters.
To say that a God works through other people is fate, what don't you understand about that. If your actions are controlled or influenced by another, that is fate.

fate
/fāt/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. 1.
    the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.

To say that a God works through other people is fate, what don't you understand about that. If your actions are controlled or influenced by another, that is fate.
No, control and influence are two totally different things. You clearly don't understand how God works, nor do you understand what fate is. God looks for those willing to be useful. Everything works for His glory. Fate involves things outside your control. If I am in tune with God and ready to be used, he can bring me into a situation where I can bring Him glory. To scoff at that ONLY displays ignorance.

No, control and influence are two totally different things. You clearly don't understand how God works, nor do you understand what fate is. God looks for those willing to be useful. Everything works for His glory. Fate involves things outside your control. If I am in tune with God and ready to be used, he can bring me into a situation where I can bring Him glory. To scoff at that ONLY displays ignorance.

Let's try this. I will have more respect for you if you just said you are a religious person because that's what you choose to be and you don't have to justify it to anyone.

I'm no spring chicken and my beliefs in life are fairly well set at this point. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. But you certainly seem to get very defensive about religion. That's fine, it's a touchy subject for some people. We'll also have to disagree on control vs influence, if you can't see that the two are inextricably tied to one another, I'm not sure you are a person I can reason with.

Let's try this. I will have more respect for you if you just said you are a religious person because that's what you choose to be and you don't have to justify it to anyone.

I'm no spring chicken and my beliefs in life are fairly well set at this point. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. But you certainly seem to get very defensive about religion. That's fine, it's a touchy subject for some people. We'll also have to disagree on control vs influence, if you can't see that the two are inextricably tied to one another, I'm not sure you are a person I can reason with.
And now you're trying to make this personal.

This conversation started because I asked why you only criticized one party of a two-party argument. Then you exposed that you favor one side of the argument. Now you are attacking me personally.

If you want to discuss the differences between 'control' and 'influence' then I suggest first that you look them up in the dictionary as well as the word 'fate' so that we can agree on terms. Once you've done that, I'm willing to discuss the age-old question "If there is a God, why is there suffering in the world?" with you.

Ball is in your court.

Reactions: spartacat

That, in my opinion, is a poor understanding of Biblical teachings. We operate under free will. God doesn't control every aspect of your life. If he did, we would all be believers because he would mandate it.

Is the GoFundMe set up?

I did a PayPal because I wasn't sure how to do a go fund me. My fiance helped me set up the PayPal. I think you have to have the PayPal app but my email I added in the original post, at the bottom. I think she said you have to have Facebook and I don't have one. I will check to see if I can figure out how to do one. With the PayPal, if you enter the email it takes you directly to me and it's linked to my account. I appreciate anything and it's awesome, that you guys are willing to help. I will continue to try to figure out the GoFundMe thing, if that makes it easier. I don't want to make it hard on people, when they are choosing to help me.

I love Jesus and believe in Him and power the cross, so I guess I’m religious. That said, I respect your beliefs; however, I thought that you said you were done. Can you take this “outside”, in other words, in another thread?

This is what the church is supposed to do. We are in a very small community and help people in need. Just have to be careful because there are people that will take advantage of churches .
That’s why she goes and pays the bill herself. There have been cases when she went and the person was paid up.

Reactions: westerncat
No problem! Wish you all nothing but the best and hopefully I get to meet her if I come down and visit our office here again soon. I don’t know what we will do with the virus going on, so I might be up in Cleveland for a while. I was training him so I could be down soon! Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT