ADVERTISEMENT

Tier 1 Candidates

IMO the only Homerun hires are: Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, Nate Oats, and Dan Hurley. Everything else is a step down.
Odd add option a tier just below. Few, Lloyd, Pearl, Otzelburger. There are a lot of potential guys who could do very well. Just a matter of offering the right deal and convincing them.

Odd add option a tier just below. Few, Lloyd, Pearl, Otzelburger. There are a lot of potential guys who could do very well. Just a matter of offering the right deal and convincing them.
I think otzelburger would be an intriguing choice if the others turn UK down

Reactions: Fox2monk
Steve Ackerman from East Jose St is worth a look. He's young-25- and up n comer. 22-8 this year.

Some other potential 2nd tier coaches:

Fred Hoiberg
Brad Underwood

Mitch isn't going to go rogue and hire his buddy Scott Drew on his own. He'll have an army of advisors for this hire.

I love Donovan but we need to get someone soon that can recruit the portal and bring some guys with him. If Tucker is right about Oats, who would realistically follow him to Kentucky? I'm not familiar with their returnees or recruiting class.

IMO the only Homerun hires are: Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, Nate Oats, and Dan Hurley. Everything else is a step down.
1. Dan Hurley
1. Jay Wright
1. Brad Stevens
1. Todd Golden
1. Geno Auriemma
1. Coach K
2. Nate Oats
3. Billy Donovan
4. Scott Drew
5. Chris Beard
6. Buzz Williams
7. Lamont Paris