ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughtful Twitter Post Frim TJ Beisner’s Wife

Yep, if Cal was still winning and showing us he could coach, but did nothing for the people of Kentucky, these same people would hate the man because all he cares about is winning and does nothing for the people of the state.

Or, maybe some of our fans only care about winning and couldn't care less about the other stuff. That's exactly what Rhabies just said. He'd take a domestic wife abuser over Calipari if it meant winning games. That's just messed up.

Frankly, I am frustrated with his coaching of late, and always hated the one-and-done (CI sleuths could easily find old posts of me moaning about one and done and the NBA focus he's had). And also frankly, I am happy he's at least doing SOMETHING for the people of KY, regardless of his coaching woes. I'll never mock what he does as a human being because I'm frustrated with his work performance. I may call him a moron, but it's solely around his coaching blunders that are mind boggling for a supposed HOF coach.

But you will never hear me saying stuff like some of our fans say. One in particular of many: "maybe he should stop washing feed....kneeling....running around the state doing telethons....and coach the team". Yeah, those are the kinds of people I'd probably avoid ever associating with.
He said he’d hire a domestic abuser if he won. No.

Ah well that’s very nice of Cal, unfortunately he isn’t head coach of the nice feelings team, he’s the head basketball coach.

To put into perspective how much I care about winning basketball versus how much I care about the coach being good off the court, if Cal had to step down and they hired Chris Beard tomorrow I’d be happy with the hire.

I care about wins and losses, and particularly NCAA tournament wins, of which we need to see one happen this year.
No dispute it’s all about winning. This is a given but there is no way I would support a coach who wins but who is also has an unethical or undesirable reputation.that taints the University and it’s athletic programs.

Reactions: bbncal02
There are a lot of good people around this state but Cal if he as a job distribution is "to win games at UK". That is his number on job.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I don't want Mother Teresa as basketball coach or a surgeon. I have a good heart as well. Do I deserve a $9 million per year job simply based on my altruism or empathy? This is nothing but an attempt to morally shame the fan base who want change.
Understand that when emotional manipulation is played for why someone should keep their job, it means you have no other valid way of deflecting criticism.

"I'm not really a fan of UK basketball".. fine. She wants to point out she's had a good experience with him as a person... Again fine.

We ARE fans of UK basketball and want to point out we've had a bad experience with him as a coach....also fine.

The issue for me is the snark "Did my experience negatively impact your day?" That's what makes the post less about her great experience and more about a dig at fans for caring more about UK basketball/results than Cal as a person or the person as she sees him.
She couldn't just share her experience and let it stand... But has to point out if you don't feel like her then you are wrong and even need his prayers for you.

Fail
Dead on. The “cal has done so much for this state” argument has been brought up a lot as a reason to keep him and not have a coaching change in the next few years if things continue on current trajectory. The majority of the time it comes from people just like this who self admittedly are casual “fans” at best via proximity to someone who is passionate about the athletic programs or just bc they are from the state…or even say they don’t really care about sports BUT….

Either way, the second you admit you don’t really care too much about sports then your opinion is pretty irrelevant when it comes to conversations about coaching decisions, acceptable results, has the game passed him/is it time to move on.

If someone thinks he is just in a lull but next year is an indication he’s getting his mojo back and let’s see it play out to hopefully have another 2010-2015 run then ok…that’s a legit argument. But saying “I’ve seen ppl say things about Cal (I.e. most post are about him needing fired/going to Texas/underperforming and questionable decisions) but I’m here to tell you he’s a good person and that’s why I disagree” is her applying emotion to something that’s results based. Being a good guy and meeting the performance requirements to a job are not mutually exclusive

if its any consolation, given the condescension, I'm sure they wouldn't want it any other way
Condescension...hmmm, you mean like

"where are all those idiots that don't agree with my awesome, clairvoyant negative/positive opinion of Cal",

or

"I saw this coming years ago, but no one listened to (my awesomeness)"

or

"those people still hanging on are idiots that they didn't see what I saw years ago with Cal (my awesomeness)"

or

"you haters are idiots that just don't know basketball"

or

"if you don't like Cal or our team, you're not real fans"

Yeah, there are no other condescending clowns on Rafters...at all. :D

Every one of those goons would love to have beers with others that don't agree with them, simply because they thrive in engaging in conflict. Wait, maybe not...maybe it's just an internet tough guy situation. How many of the lovers and haters would seriously step away from the keyboard and meet one of the "other side" publicly, for a beer, tailgating, or even sit side by side at a game at Rupp? I'd wager they'd all say "nope, I'm just fine being a billy bad ass on the internet!"

For what it's worth, I'd still have a beer with any of you. Well, maybe not HerrosHeroes...that guy is just a bit over the top and I'd probably move quickly from a beer to bourbon with the constant rainbow farting... :)

I don't want Mother Teresa as basketball coach or a surgeon. I have a good heart as well. Do I deserve a $9 million per year job simply based on my altruism or empathy? This is nothing but an attempt to morally shame the fan base who want change.
Understand that when emotional manipulation is played for why someone should keep their job, it means you have no other valid way of deflecting criticism.

That’s quite the gymnastics you performed there.

I mean this is fine and I can also appreciate what Beisner's wife is saying about Cal being a good man. But when she says "I've seen a few things about Cal" most people are going to automatically think we're talking about basketball (because that's what people are talking about). She admits she isn't even a fan of UK basketball. Cool, you're a fan of Calipari the man. That's awesome.

99% of the complaints about Cal are about Cal the basketball coach, not Cal the man. Tubby is/was also an awesome human being.

Yes, but they have nothing to do with the subject at hand. She wanted to talk about positive character traits.

It’s probably a good thing that she’s a “casual-at-best” fan as she isn’t jaded, but only looks for the good in people.

What a stretch.

Condescension...hmmm, you mean like

"where are all those idiots that don't agree with my awesome, clairvoyant negative/positive opinion of Cal",

or

"I saw this coming years ago, but no one listened to (my awesomeness)"

or

"those people still hanging on are idiots that they didn't see what I saw years ago with Cal (my awesomeness)"

or

"you haters are idiots that just don't know basketball"

or

"if you don't like Cal or our team, you're not real fans"

Yeah, there are no other condescending clowns on Rafters...at all. :D

Every one of those goons would love to have beers with others that don't agree with them, simply because they thrive in engaging in conflict. Wait, maybe not...maybe it's just an internet tough guy situation. How many of the lovers and haters would seriously step away from the keyboard and meet one of the "other side" publicly, for a beer, tailgating, or even sit side by side at a game at Rupp? I'd wager they'd all say "nope, I'm just fine being a billy bad ass on the internet!"

For what it's worth, I'd still have a beer with any of you. Well, maybe not HerrosHeroes...that guy is just a bit over the top and I'd probably move quickly from a beer to bourbon with the constant rainbow farting... :)

I quite frankly dgaf about splitting up the fanbase as "supporters" and "opposers" of Calipari. That's always been a goofy Rupp Rafters thing and it's just way to generalize people who disagree with your point of view. Never once in the real world has anyone in my entire life actually gave a **** if you like or do not like the Kentucky basketball coach.

And with that, idgaf which side you put me on.

But what is a common trend on this board is "poster A picks a side" and it's after that point that all rationality and logic go out the window. There is no appreciation of nuance. There is no level setting and truth flies out the window.

It's not about truth. It's about pushing agenda. So, we cannot make the realistic statement that there is more to coaching at Kentucky than W's and L's, despite that being the reality of coaching at Kentucky. If Billy Gillispie, for instance, didn't burn every bridge, hit on ever co-ed, and be a general dick to people in Lexington, he very well might've had more time at Kentucky.

The suggestion by the agenda driven, therein, suggest making such a statement means you "support" Calipari. Except it has nothing to do with supporting Calipari. The reality is that the character of the coach is an important part of coaching at Kentucky. People stating that are merely stating that as a way to nullify that Calipari does have characteristics that fit well at Kentucky.

And with that being stated, Chris Beard will never be hired at Kentucky. And it's 100% because of off the court issues.

Reactions: TheDude73
I quite frankly dgaf about splitting up the fanbase as "supporters" and "opposers" of Calipari. That's always been a goofy Rupp Rafters thing and it's just way to generalize people who disagree with your point of view. Never once in the real world has anyone in my entire life actually gave a **** if you like or do not like the Kentucky basketball coach.

And with that, idgaf which side you put me on.

But what is a common trend on this board is "poster A picks a side" and it's after that point that all rationality and logic go out the window. There is no appreciation of nuance. There is no level setting and truth flies out the window.

It's not about truth. It's about pushing agenda. So, we cannot make the realistic statement that there is more to coaching at Kentucky than W's and L's, despite that being the reality of coaching at Kentucky. If Billy Gillispie, for instance, didn't burn every bridge, hit on ever co-ed, and be a general dick to people in Lexington, he very well might've had more time at Kentucky.

The suggestion by the agenda driven, therein, suggest making such a statement means you "support" Calipari. Except it has nothing to do with supporting Calipari. The reality is that the character of the coach is an important part of coaching at Kentucky. People stating that are merely stating that as a way to nullify that Calipari does have characteristics that fit well at Kentucky.

And with that being stated, Chris Beard will never be hired at Kentucky. And it's 100% because of off the court issues.
I think anyone making a post about Calipari's character given the context of what has happened in the last few weeks might think its nuanced, but its about as subtle as a teenage boy on prom night

I mean, she's married to a guy responsible for the NIL of players at UK. I find it a bit shallow that she claims she is a casual follower given that a huge percentage of her life is directly related to what goes on with the program.
"I've heard some things" - I bet she has

This is the bottom line. There’s this movement to discuss how good a person cal is. Lots of good people can’t cut it as a coach. Tubby was a great guy, joe b but when they didn’t have it anymore it was time for them to go.
Tubby was not a great guy. Tubby put the playing of his son ahead of the good of the program. Then he lied about another player's illness so he could keep playing his son. An illness that went away as soon as the son graduated. Tubby ran off Myron Anthony by not keeping his word to him.

Then Tubby slinked away without even talking to his players.

It's just a myth that Tubby was a good guy. And to top it off, he was a terrible coach.

Cal is a great human being and an even better basketball coach.

If you don't like him then don't like him. But making us sh!t to support personal hatred is just wrong.

I think anyone making a post about Calipari's character given the context of what has happened in the last few weeks might think its nuanced, but its about as subtle as a teenage boy on prom night

I mean, she's married to a guy responsible for the NIL of players at UK. I find it a bit shallow that she claims she is a casual follower given that a huge percentage of her life is directly related to what goes on with the program.
"I've heard some things" - I bet she has

Yea I’m not gonna get into personally attacking anyone or defending anyone I don’t know. Now we are treading into weird internet territory

Tubby was not a great guy. Tubby put the playing of his son ahead of the good of the program. Then he lied about another player's illness so he could keep playing his son. An illness that went away as soon as the son graduated. Tubby ran off Myron Anthony by not keeping his word to him.

It's just a myth that Tubby was a good guy. And to top it off, he was a terrible coach.

If you don't like him then don't like him. But making us sh!t to support personal hatred is just wrong.
Brad has joined the board.

Well I know tubby personally and a lot of what you say is business the other false except saul I agree on. But tubby is about as good a person you’re gonna find. Cal has put his ego ahead of the bb program and many other things. Helping people for cal is to distract and feed his ego.

I don't believe anyone is out here saying Cal is a bad person.
Have you seen some of the posters on this board lately? There's been tons of people calling Cal a legitimately awful person, a narcissist who doesn't actually care about other people, a person who does all his good deeds for PR and that's it, a coach who's purposely tanking the program because he hates Kentucky fans, a Yankee liberal who is doing this all to get back at rural Kentucky fans, etc. etc.

Edit: I'm not saying it's acceptable to excuse bad coaching because someone's a good person, but there are tons of fans here who seem to legitimately hate Cal the person just as much as they do Cal the coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Have you seen some of the posters on this board lately? There's been tons of people calling Cal a legitimately awful person, a narcissist who doesn't actually care about other people, a person who does all his good deeds for PR and that's it, a coach who's purposely tanking the program because he hates Kentucky fans, a Yankee liberal who is doing this all to get back at rural Kentucky fans, etc. etc.

That is true and I didn't even consider that....

No dispute it’s all about winning. This is a given but there is no way I would support a coach who wins but who is also has an unethical or undesirable reputation.that taints the University and it’s athletic programs.
This. Right. Here.

It’s partially why I dot want Pitino back here.

You can win and be a good human. And it’s of difficult to do. You night be seen as a hardass but that different than being an ahole.

I cannot support trading morals for wins. With that being said I also don’t want to hire a monk if he can’t win ballgames.

Think about it. She’s married to TB, so obviously she has more than “heard some things” about Cal. She’s not a fan, but I’m sure she’s watched games and knows the history. Even the most casual fan has access to the latest scuttlebutt.

She’s aware—but her POINT was to separate Cal the man from Cal the coach—and the predictable idiots are in there steering it back to wins and losses.
Maybe they were steering it back toward the reason things were being said about Cal, which SHE brought up first.

Maybe they were steering it back toward the reason things were being said about Cal, which SHE brought up first.
She brought them up, but offered a contrasting story about the charitable works. She already is aware of the negative comments, and I don’t think her post is diminished by the fervor (or lack of) of her fanhood

For instance, let’s say you start a post that says;
“” Yeah Cal Is struggling and a lot of people are unhappy with his substitution performance etc., but here’s a little anecdote. Say you went to Home Depot, then walked back out to the parking lot, and to your dismay, your car needed a You notice everyone had left except for Calipari who came over with jumper cables to help you start your car.”

After telling this story, You don’t want your post cluttered with a bunch of people who are saying “but but he went nine and 16 two years ago and then lost to Saint Peter’s last year, And then lost two teams at home we shouldn’t have”

What’s the point of busting into a thread with a comment that spotlights the original, statement when it was obviously brought up in the original BUT contrasting statement?

Cal does good things and I want him to continue to do good things but he's paid to win games here ultimately.

Reality is Gillispie would still be here if he won games, all of his off court antics would get swept under the rug.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
It’s simply two completely different issues.

One - good man good heart

Two- Coach of the best college basketball program in college history.

One doesn’t have to bleed over into the other

She brought them up, but offered a contrasting story about the charitable works. She already is aware of the negative comments, and I don’t think her post is diminished by the fervor (or lack of) of her fanhood

For instance, let’s say you start a post that says;
“” Yeah Cal Is struggling and a lot of people are unhappy with his substitution performance etc., but here’s a little anecdote. Say you went to Home Depot, then walked back out to the parking lot, and to your dismay, your car needed a You notice everyone had left except for Calipari who came over with jumper cables to help you start your car.”

After telling this story, You don’t want your post cluttered with a bunch of people who are saying “but but he went nine and 16 two years ago and then lost to Saint Peter’s last year, And then lost two teams at home we shouldn’t have”

What’s the point of busting into a thread with a comment that spotlights the original, statement when it was obviously brought up in the original BUT contrasting statement?
Then she could have shared her story without kicking the hornets’ nest she knew was there. Then anyone who brought up extraneous topics would have clearly been out of line. Unfortunately she opened the door and invited all the outdoors in with her shot across the bow.

Then she could have shared her story without kicking the hornets’ nest she knew was there. Then anyone who brought up extraneous topics would have clearly been out of line. Unfortunately she opened the door and invited all the outdoors in with her shot across the bow.
I’ll reread the tweet and think on it.

Reactions: UK-chulo
This is the bottom line. There’s this movement to discuss how good a person cal is. Lots of good people can’t cut it as a coach. Tubby was a great guy, joe b but when they didn’t have it anymore it was time for them to go.
My ol' daddy used to tell me that Bear Bryant once said, "My wife's a helluva nice lady, but she can't play tackle."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT