ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughtful Twitter Post Frim TJ Beisner’s Wife

Cal was hired to win basketball games. I don't believe anyone is out here saying Cal is a bad person. People are pissed because Calipari isn't winning at a high enough clip. This is about wins and losses and nothing more. The rest of this is just distraction and noise.

Cal was hired to win basketball games. I don't believe anyone is out here saying Cal is a bad person. People are pissed because Calipari isn't winning at a high enough clip. This is about wins and losses and nothing more. The rest of this is just distraction and noise.
This is the bottom line. There’s this movement to discuss how good a person cal is. Lots of good people can’t cut it as a coach. Tubby was a great guy, joe b but when they didn’t have it anymore it was time for them to go.

Not surprising....some people cannot read the room OP.

Yes, Cal was/is hired to win basketball games but Mrs. Beisner's tweet had literally nothing to do with basketball and she stated as much. Why Twitter folks want to insert comments in and change the subject is beyond me.

Also, it is important to note at no point did she state anything about people complaining about Cal. She said "she saw a few things" about him- those could be good or bad. She could have been referring to the coal miner, the Holly Rowe situation, or complaints about W/L. Doesn't really matter...

Last edited:

Yes, Cal was/is hired to win basketball games but Mrs. Beisner's tweet had literally nothing to do with basketball and she stated as much. Why Twitter folks want to insert comments in and change the subject is beyond me.

Also, it is important to note at no point did she state anything about people complaining about Cal. She said "she saw a few things" about him- those could be good or bad.

If it had nothing to do with basketball then why is it being posted on the basketball board? Take it to general discussion.

Also, it is important to note at no point did she state anything about people complaining about Cal. She said "she saw a few things" about him- those could be good or bad. She could have been referring to the coal miner, the Holly Rowe situation, or complaints about W/L. Doesn't really matter...
If only the first tweet was posted, sure. But the 2nd tweet is her saying ''I've heard some folks say some bad stuff about Cal. Let me tell you how you're wrong because he prayed for me at church.''

Not my board fella. Request it to be moved...waah

Lol I’m just saying… you can’t have it both ways. Either it’s about basketball or it ain’t. If it’s about basketball then you can’t blame folks for focusing on the product on the court instead of whatever good deed Cal did. If it’s not about basketball, then why is it being broadcast here? You already know the answer.

Lol I’m just saying… you can’t have it both ways. Either it’s about basketball or it ain’t. If it’s about basketball then you can’t blame folks for focusing on the product on the court instead of whatever good deed Cal did. If it’s not about basketball, then why is it being broadcast here? You already know the answer.

? I don't get your point. People post stuff on this forum that has nothing to do with basketball on the reg...especially stuff having nothing to do about UK basketball.

As an example, I made a post about the Bengals on the football forum and people were complaining about that.

If only the first tweet was posted, sure. But the 2nd tweet is her saying ''I've heard some folks say some bad stuff about Cal. Let me tell you how you're wrong because he prayed for me at church.''

I re-read and still don't see that quote. Is that your interpretation of what she said or am I missing a tweet?

Not being a smart ass, seriously don't see her saying that.

? I don't get your point. People post stuff on this forum that has nothing to do with basketball on the reg...especially stuff having nothing to do about UK basketball.

As an example, I made a post about the Bengals on the football forum and people were complaining about that.

I guess it boils down to the “I’ve seen a few things about Cal” quote. She needs to elaborate. Because I personally have never seen one person question Cal’s character away from the basketball court.

In other words, she’s saying it isn’t about basketball yet feels the need to come to Cal’s defense. It doesn’t make any sense.

I guess it boils down to the “I’ve seen a few things about Cal” quote. She needs to elaborate. Because I personally have never seen one person question Cal’s character away from the basketball court.

In other words, she’s saying it isn’t about basketball yet feels the need to come to Cal’s defense. It doesn’t make any sense.

I see what you are saying, I guess it is just imo a microcosm of society. It just isn't a big deal for her tweet that. I mean she isn't even TJ, she is his wife. She has nothing to do with anything and if her post stated that Cal flipped her off at the annual Christmas party people would be up in arms and that would still have nothing to do with his W/L record.

I just don't understand why everything is made to be black/white. It is a bizarre time...

The posters in that tweet changing the subject were being Grade A A-holes incapable of reading the room.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
There are threads almost daily here that aren’t technically about basketball. Enes Is one right now but I guarantee you aren’t ranting in that thread about it.

Read my further posts in the thread, then try to keep up. The issue is the double-speak coming from Beisner’s wife. Not sure how anyone can’t understand that. She’s creating a straw man by saying she “heard some things” about Cal. I can almost guarantee you if she heard anything negative about Cal, it concerned his ability or lack thereof to coach basketball, NOT his lack of character or compassion for those who are suffering.

What purpose did this actually serve but deflection.

I’m glad Cal gave you some comfort. He’s a legit good person and no one sane is saying he isn’t. But this and the timing of it and who it’s coming from….

I feel left out ( or ignorant ) , who is TJ and where would Cal had the opportunity to pray for her husband ? I'm, guessing they all attend Catholic mass together in Lex ??
As for the rest of it, cal is a basketball coach , one of the highest paid in the land to produce a very high level team . With consistency . Not a pastor , counselor , shrink ... good on him for praying for someone , but its not what hes paid 9 mil a year for .

I mean this is fine and I can also appreciate what Beisner's wife is saying about Cal being a good man. But when she says "I've seen a few things about Cal" most people are going to automatically think we're talking about basketball (because that's what people are talking about). She admits she isn't even a fan of UK basketball. Cool, you're a fan of Calipari the man. That's awesome.

99% of the complaints about Cal are about Cal the basketball coach, not Cal the man. Tubby is/was also an awesome human being.

"I'm not really a fan of UK basketball".. fine. She wants to point out she's had a good experience with him as a person... Again fine.

We ARE fans of UK basketball and want to point out we've had a bad experience with him as a coach....also fine.

The issue for me is the snark "Did my experience negatively impact your day?" That's what makes the post less about her great experience and more about a dig at fans for caring more about UK basketball/results than Cal as a person or the person as she sees him.
She couldn't just share her experience and let it stand... But has to point out if you don't feel like her then you are wrong and even need his prayers for you.

Fail

Last edited:
Never heard of TJ Beisner, so why do I care what his wife says or doesn't say. Very random post!

So the rest of BBN is supposed to fall in line when visiting this site and only post threads saying call sucks or any other coach is better? He gets called a lazy fat a$$ here DAILY. I’ve seen him called a POS several times. The cancel culture is very real.

Yesterday’s thread about Musselman, this thread, etc. Same posters rushing in to blow their whistle and call a foul. Bunch of pus&$es. Let’s see you guys take issue with the ugly insults hurled at Cal DAILy and then maybe someone will take you seriously.

Reactions: Cat517
Read my further posts in the thread, then try to keep up. The issue is the double-speak coming from Beisner’s wife. Not sure how anyone can’t understand that. She’s creating a straw man by saying she “heard some things” about Cal. I can almost guarantee you if she heard anything negative about Cal, it concerned his ability or lack thereof to coach basketball, NOT his lack of character or compassion for those who are suffering.
Think about it. She’s married to TB, so obviously she has more than “heard some things” about Cal. She’s not a fan, but I’m sure she’s watched games and knows the history. Even the most casual fan has access to the latest scuttlebutt.

She’s aware—but her POINT was to separate Cal the man from Cal the coach—and the predictable idiots are in there steering it back to wins and losses.

We should give cal credit when he does good things and as fans we should give him grief when he does bad.
Yes, but in the correct forum.

Imagine you start a thread about how it was wonderful for Cal to have the coal miner attend a game, and the help for Eastern Kentucky flood victims with dollar figures and such. Then about 4 posts down it devolves into someone saying “he sucks, and we pay him to win games!”.

It’s the same thing as posters defending Cal’s “basketball school” comment by saying. “He’s right”. Yes, it’s true that UKs historical success in basketball is unparalleled—but his comment was made in the context of “basketball eats first when getting facilities upgrades”. Stoops knows UKs basketball history, but he KNEW Cal’s comments were made as a ploy to win public opinion about who gets a facility first. Really it had nothing to do with history—and more to do with facilities.

Reactions: STL_Cat
to put a tweet out there like this at this time, when Cal is in the hot seat , whether she claims its a wholesale support of him or not, its wholesale support of him.

Its a completely rational response to say, he is a good guy but lousy coach because she is inserting her opinion on Cal in the context of that discussion.

This is the same stuff we saw about Tubby near the end.

He visited a family member , he played golf with us, he signed balls for a charity - all in defense of him, and the elephant in the room is - why do people feel the need to defend his character at this time?

The answer is because you can't defend his performance.

What was worse about Tubby is those people would attack the people against Tubby's coaching acumen solely because of their personal interaction with him.

I'm not slamming anyone for their position, in fact, I think we all share the position on Cal outside of basketball. But to act like your reasoning to talk about it during this time is completely incidental is not, IMO, honest

Cal has gotten a lot of criticism for his coaching but he’s alwsys gotten exemplary remarks for being a caring human being. TJ Beisner‘s wife posts an appreciative tweet

Ah well that’s very nice of Cal, unfortunately he isn’t head coach of the nice feelings team, he’s the head basketball coach.

To put into perspective how much I care about winning basketball versus how much I care about the coach being good off the court, if Cal had to step down and they hired Chris Beard tomorrow I’d be happy with the hire.

I care about wins and losses, and particularly NCAA tournament wins, of which we need to see one happen this year.

to put a tweet out there like this at this time, when Cal is in the hot seat , whether she claims its a wholesale support of him or not, its wholesale support of him.

Its a completely rational response to say, he is a good guy but lousy coach because she is inserting her opinion on Cal in the context of that discussion.

This is the same stuff we saw about Tubby near the end.

He visited a family member , he played golf with us, he signed balls for a charity - all in defense of him, and the elephant in the room is - why do people feel the need to defend his character at this time?

The answer is because you can't defend his performance.

What was worse about Tubby is those people would attack the people against Tubby's coaching acumen solely because of their personal interaction with him.

I'm not slamming anyone for their position, in fact, I think we all share the position on Cal outside of basketball. But to act like your reasoning to talk about it during this time is completely incidental is not, IMO, honest
Right. Does this tweet happen if we are sitting here at 17-1? Nope.

Yes, but haven't you seen the ways some of our fans (a lot of them here) have reacted to Cal's coaching lapse?

"Fat bum, go home and pet your dogs"

"Idiot old out of shape can't coach Cal"

"Cal is purposely trying to ruin our program because he's an narcissistic egomaniac"

And then the best of the worst: "BEGOK"

The internet has allowed the worst of our fans to come out. I'm not sure why Cal even does anything for the people of our state. Doesn't seem to matter one bit to a bunch of crass-mouthed fans.

Yes, but haven't you seen the ways some of our fans (a lot of them here) have reacted to Cal's coaching lapse?

"Fat bum, go home and pet your dogs"

"Idiot old out of shape can't coach Cal"

"Cal is purposely trying to ruin our program because he's an narcissistic egomaniac"

And then the best of the worst: "BEGOK"

The internet has allowed the worst of our fans to come out. I'm not sure why Cal even does anything for the people of our state. Doesn't seem to matter one bit to a bunch of crass-mouthed fans.
I know how he can fix all of it, and it has nothing to do with washing feet.

Doesn’t matter what she was referring to, she wanted to share a story about him and did. I was replying to threads being here that are about our former players, coaches etc that aren’t necessarily exactly about basketball.

Ah well that’s very nice of Cal, unfortunately he isn’t head coach of the nice feelings team, he’s the head basketball coach.

To put into perspective how much I care about winning basketball versus how much I care about the coach being good off the court, if Cal had to step down and they hired Chris Beard tomorrow I’d be happy with the hire.

I care about wins and losses, and particularly NCAA tournament wins, of which we need to see one happen this year.
Yikes.

along with winning basketball games all of UK coaches and their staffs should represent the University in a positive light .

This thread, her tweet, and the responses to her tweet are why I truly think Cal’s time is over here (or at least why it should be). This is history repeating itself when Tubby’s time ran out here at UK.

Yep, if Cal was still winning and showing us he could coach, but did nothing for the people of Kentucky, these same people would hate the man because all he cares about is winning and does nothing for the people of the state.

Or, maybe some of our fans only care about winning and couldn't care less about the other stuff. That's exactly what Rhabies just said. He'd take a domestic wife abuser over Calipari if it meant winning games. That's just messed up.

Frankly, I am frustrated with his coaching of late, and always hated the one-and-done (CI sleuths could easily find old posts of me moaning about one and done and the NBA focus he's had). And also frankly, I am happy he's at least doing SOMETHING for the people of KY, regardless of his coaching woes. I'll never mock what he does as a human being because I'm frustrated with his work performance. I may call him a moron, but it's solely around his coaching blunders that are mind boggling for a supposed HOF coach.

But you will never hear me saying stuff like some of our fans say. One in particular of many: "maybe he should stop washing feed....kneeling....running around the state doing telethons....and coach the team". Yeah, those are the kinds of people I'd probably avoid ever associating with.

Reactions: Cat517
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT