ADVERTISEMENT

This situation with sharpe is why fans are turning on cal.

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
Drama drama drama. Not to mention the losing like we never lost before. After the worst losing season folks were amped to get the first elite recruit in some time. Now? We don’t know if he plays this year next year or the highly possible never. It is a vicious rollercoaster of revolving door of players and in since 2015 subpar UK results. I don’t know who’s being played, us, cal or what and I don’t care. I want stability in this program. As a life long fan 47 years I still own a share of season tickets I want consistency and stability.

instead we are set up for another offseason of unknowns about a roster that was shaping up to be worth another shot. We re gonna get into may after a likely early out and it’s gonna be is sharpe staying after 0 years or is he gone? Sitting on pins and needles. I speak for a lot of fans when I say this has by far worn the fan base thin. Apathy has set in. Our tickets. 4 rows up behind the visitor bench and scorers table. You’re on espn the entire game. 4 home games this year those seats have been empty. I even offered to give them to my buddy for a game and he said he couldn’t go he had something better to do. What was it? Go to dinner with his high school buddy. He could have taken him to the game but didn’t. I mean really? You don’t want seats on the floor basically? I’ve sensed where things were going for a while now but this year when I couldn’t give those tickets away the reality set in that fans have better things to do.

it’s unfortunate because UK basketball has been a way of life for central Kentuckians for generations. The love for it is passed down from grandpas to grand sons. Fathers to daughters etc. The apathy now though is palpable and the floor is about to fall out if this sharpe situation goes the way it seems to be developing.

Well said, I think this is the mindset of many fans, but many are hesitant to say due to being crucified on here. The whole deal with Cal is exhausting, it was easily tolerated because the results were good. But lately the subpar results and player turnover, for reasons other than being a lottery pick is hard to stomach.

Half a dozen threads on this, but you have to start another one to add nothing but this maudlin, whiny nonsense?

Calipari took his best shot at the #1 recruit. He didn’t create the rules. If he didn’t go after Sharpe he wouldn’t be doing his job. If it doesn’t work out, he’ll still put a strong team on the floor.

Some of you people need to grow up, lose your sense of entitlement and face the reality that exists in college sports today. Or quit following the sport if it leaves you so bitter and emotionally crippled.

Last edited:
Drama drama drama. Not to mention the losing like we never lost before. After the worst losing season folks were amped to get the first elite recruit in some time. Now? We don’t know if he plays this year next year or the highly possible never. It is a vicious rollercoaster of revolving door of players and in since 2015 subpar UK results. I don’t know who’s being played, us, cal or what and I don’t care. I want stability in this program. As a life long fan 47 years I still own a share of season tickets I want consistency and stability.

instead we are set up for another offseason of unknowns about a roster that was shaping up to be worth another shot. We re gonna get into may after a likely early out and it’s gonna be is sharpe staying after 0 years or is he gone? Sitting on pins and needles. I speak for a lot of fans when I say this has by far worn the fan base thin. Apathy has set in. Our tickets. 4 rows up behind the visitor bench and scorers table. You’re on espn the entire game. 4 home games this year those seats have been empty. I even offered to give them to my buddy for a game and he said he couldn’t go he had something better to do. What was it? Go to dinner with his high school buddy. He could have taken him to the game but didn’t. I mean really? You don’t want seats on the floor basically? I’ve sensed where things were going for a while now but this year when I couldn’t give those tickets away the reality set in that fans have better things to do.

it’s unfortunate because UK basketball has been a way of life for central Kentuckians for generations. The love for it is passed down from grandpas to grand sons. Fathers to daughters etc. The apathy now though is palpable and the floor is about to fall out if this sharpe situation goes the way it seems to be developing.
Cal is not on the same page with fans....never has been. He measures success with draft picks not wins or championships. He is basically a snake oil salesman with an ego. He feed his ego by running an NBA farm system that produces publicity and draft picks. It makes him and a few players wealthy, but does nothing to maintain the integrity of the basketball program. No, things are not going to change anytime soon....remember Barney gave him a lifetime contract for mega $$$$$$.

I find it extremely ironic that in the middle of what’s shaping up as a great season, we have fans bitching about Calipari not caring about the program because of ….one kid who hasn’t played

There’s definitely a group here that cares more about Calipari than they do Kentucky. They just don’t own any mirrors.

I find it extremely ironic that in the middle of what’s shaping up as a great season, we have fans bitching about Calipari not caring about the program because of ….one kid who hasn’t llayed

There’s definitely a group here that cares more about Calipari than they do Kentucky. They just don’t own any mirrors.
exactly these fans want us to fail so bad just to wail on the coach some more

Cal is not on the same page with fans....never has been. He measures success with draft picks not wins or championships. He is basically a snake oil salesman with an ego. He feed his ego by running an NBA farm system that produces publicity and draft picks. It makes him and a few players wealthy, but does nothing to maintain the integrity of the basketball program. No, things are not going to change anytime soon....remember Barney gave him a lifetime contract for mega $$$$$$.
The tard fan strikes again. You must still be salty over Yum Center leaking.

I find it extremely ironic that in the middle of what’s shaping up as a great season, we have fans bitching about Calipari not caring about the program because of ….one kid who hasn’t played

It's not the kid. It's Caliparis continual disregard and disrespect For our fan base and the culture that's been built here. He is not bigger than this program. He's just another UK coach.

After last year... wait I was just beginning my sentence the way you buffoons do every time you flap those gums of yours.

Stuck in the past, I thought the game was changing. Well it’s done passed you all by if you’re hanging out with Brandon Boston.

Transfer portal and this type of drama is reason Ole Roy, K, and others are getting out. Cal isn’t causing the drama, but trying to find ways of getting the best talent. This isn’t Cal’s fault. Some would have roasted him if Sharpe landed somewhere else in Dec. This isn’t Sharpe’s fault. This is every player and coach trying to make the best out modern rules.

I like having a few top transfers, some top recruits, combined with some good returning players. I want to see Sharpe play at UK NEXT year. But, it won’t be Cal’s fault if he doesn’t.

Maybe I’m a little behind on this but hasn’t sharpe already said he would be playing next year no matter what?
With Cal's track record with potential top 10 picks, do you believe he allows Sharpe to play next season when he is projected to be a top 6 pick? I DON'T.

Boggie came out and stated publicly that Cal REFUSED to allow him to return to UK even though he wanted to because he was going to be a top 10 pick.

complain, complain, complain. If you can’t enjoy this season and be appreciative of the changes Cal made after last year, you are the problem. Not Cal. Give me a break.

I think I clearly said he doesn't give a damn about the people here so why would he?
I think I clearly said he doesn't give a damn about the people here so why would he?
Yep…. He helped raise $5,000,000 for people he doesn’t care about. I’m not a Cal lover but I don’t let the man live in my head like some of you miserable wretches do.

Dammit... Is this the commercial where the one guy tells the boomers to not talk about leaving the game before they even get to the game? 'Cause that's some funny shiz right there. The op is merely tiresome.

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

Reactions: Fox2monk
How did Cal handle Dejaun Wagner at Memphis? The answer to that question is WHY A LOT of our fans are questioning whether Sharpe will EVER play at UK.

It's not that hard to figure out, and it's MOST CERTAINLY NOT unreasonable to feel that way.

Got news for you.. your buddy ain't a UK fan. What a post after the season we're having. If you have apathy for UK basketball during THIS season, especially after the last two years of life we've all lived... I can't help but question your fandom as well. No matter how close to the floor your tix are. I'm, ahem, a few rows farther back than you... But I still love going to the games, and my high school friends know I'm busy on game nights... Busy at Rupp Arena.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT