ADVERTISEMENT

THIS Is Who We Need To Go Get

Yeah, I remember this kid. UK recruited him to an extent. I'm not sure what the level of interest was but I recall his HS games getting posted on the board.

I Argue that we lost because of Reeves and Grady. Not able to hang.
Surely there's somebody that agrees with me......

I agree that them having a bad game is the difference maker. My point is without either of them, we aren't even IN the tournament. Freshmen. Sophomores. Red shirt seniors can have cold shooting nights that get them and their teams bounced from the tournament. But the body of work from the previous 30 or so games is what got them there in the first place and Reeves won us MANY more games. The fact that we didn't have enough horses to offset his bad shooting night is a reflection of the coach/team more than anything.

If we had Reeves AND Grady this year...just think of that.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Do guys transfer to programs to back up two other guys (three, potentially, if Reeves and Livingston come back)? If so, I agree.

But he’d be a starter and first scoring option immediately at a place like Indiana, for example.
Not going to come to UK and sit behind freshman. Besides Cals shoot classes would drop his % to 15 %. Cal like’s dribble drivers with turnovers not great shooting

MYTH ^!

I proved 2 days ago with stats that has not happened to transfers here, except for Fredrick.
Stats be damned , when we need our 2 guard to step up in the NCAAT or several other large matchups when they come up cold as heck . Thats the truth , you can inflate stats beating up on cupcake city in the non conference but the list has put up here , we get bounced far too often because our big scorers dont just have a little below average game , they fall apart .. Murray , Herro Reeves .. why do they lay such ginormous eggs ? ( I think its Cals bad offense IMO)

Last edited:
Stop it. One of the worst takes I've heard.
-As mentioned above, Grady's plantar fasciitis killed his shooting late in the season. He was leading the conference in 3-point percentage until then. Him being a transfer had nothing to with do the loss.
-Antonio Reeves shot 42% from three at UK, which is a career-high. He was also SEC 6th Man of the Year. He had a game high 22 points in the first round with 5/9 from three. Unfortunately, he picked an inconvenient game to have a bad shooting night. Again, being a transfer had nothing to do with the loss.

Keep in mind, the point guard from Kansas State that killed us was also a transfer. He ended up becoming an All-American this year.
I think that highlights the bigger issue, that is in the tourney Kentucky has one shooter on the whole team, and they go cold everytime and Kentucky loses everytime. If cal has another roster with one shooter, which right now he has a roster with zero shooters at all, then it’s going to be more of the same for Kentucky basketball

Reactions: Zissou87
Not sure about the role you’re envisioning though. Even with the uptick in competition if he transfers, I’d be a little surprised if he’d be content getting spot minutes off the bench after averaging 20 and 9 this year. That’s the kind of guy who may be able to start for some solid programs and would probably like to.
This.

I just don't think we are going to get a big time transfer. We don't have the opening.

They are not coming to play a back up role. That won't help them to go pro.

Just college bball these days. IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: ManitouDan
Without reaves we wouldn’t have made the tournament. He played terrible but the issue is that we hade ONE guy able to make shots. So when get goes cold the season is over

Reactions: Zissou87
Can this kid play in Cal’s system? Stand in the corner and shoot it when it’s passed to you. Pretty complex play book at UK.

Wont matter. Cal doesn't know how to get guys like this who need plays ran for them, open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT