ADVERTISEMENT

This is unprecedented.

“You do not believe in math”

“you do not believe in science”

“you do not understand”

these morons still fail to understand “projections” are not concrete. People get it, they understand it you dolt. Just like global warming. We understand it’s happening. We understand how it’s measured.

what we don’t agree with is your interpretation of it and your blind faith in mass media, propaganda, and computer projections.

Same idiots that lived and died behind Al Gores scare of 2006.

The dumbest among us can’t feel anyone’s position. It’s all about making themselves feel smarter because they don’t think they are. The need to feel superior in a world that doesn’t value them.

This has nothing to do with mass media, propaganda, and it certainly had nothing to do with computer projections. It has to do with what has literally already happened and is literally happening right now in other parts of the world, and not sticking our heads in the sand and pretending like we don't know what to expect.

You are right, though, that is has to do with people wanting to make themselves feel smart. People want to believe their "common sense" is superior to the experts.

So... you not believing global warming is a serious concern tells me all I need to know. Im sure "there are a lot of fine people on both sides" of the argument, though.

This has nothing to do with mass media, propaganda, and it certainly had nothing to do with computer projections. It has to do with what has literally already happened and is literally happening right now in other parts of the world, and not sticking our heads in the sand and pretending like we don't know what to expect.

You are right, though, that is has to do with people wanting to make themselves feel smart. People want to believe their "common sense" is superior to the experts.

I was making a broader point to someone else who’s constantly in the camp I named.

There are also a lot of people who want to use common sense and intellectual laziness in replace of evidence.

The issue is both groups are equally as stupid. But because group A is identified as educated, we don’t hit’m as hard.

So I hit’m hard.

So... you not believing global warming is a serious concern tells me all I need to know. Im sure "there are a lot of fine people on both sides" of the argument, though.

Just what do you know pre tell?? It is a fact that the earth has been warming for centuries before the industrial revolution.. You must have seen AL Gore make a fool out of himself.. Carbon footprint my azz.. I have never seen my foot print unless I am walking on loose dirt of in sand or something soft.. If you want to believe these fool's then you have my blessing to follow the blind.. Have a very nice day and watch out where you step and leave a foot print..

GBB

This I don't get. The point is to not have large groups gathering, only for the individuals to go back to hundreds of different communities. It's about slowing the societal spread of the disease. It's not about the tiny risk to a young healthy individual of coming into contact with a handful of other individuals.

The cost of doing nothing is driving the discussions.
If we were sitting in the chair of Leaders, we would be weighing these things too.

But playing without crowds seems like a layup.

If they don't play in front of fans, they might as well just play the games in some practice gyms. Less people that have been in them so less area to sanitize and it won't feel as awkward as playing in an arena that holds thousands that are full of empty seats.

I do like the idea of playing in smaller venues if they are going to be relatively empty.

What are these governors holding back from us? Beshear is too afraid to attend the SEC tournament. Can it possibly be worse than we even imagine?
I’m not certain what to think anymore
This is beyond bizarre to me. I feel like today has been the craziest since this has happened. I’m not sure what’s next.

Reactions: gwjenning
Statement has been put out that says the NCAA recommends against events with fans, sounds like it’s all but official the seats will be empty

I tend to fall into the group of do as you think best, just use common sense about who you know you will be in close contact with afterwards. I live and work in isolation compared to probably 95 percent of other people, so if it’s gonna find me, it’s gonna find most everyone. All I know is a few months from now, a lot of people are gonna look either foolish or smart. Right now I’m not betting on either side of the argument.

No fans. wow

bit-outside-viral.jpg

Reactions: Backer cutter
honestly it could be a blessing in disguise.

Imagine Louisville or Duke winning the title in this down season? If that were to happen, would you rather it be canceled? I would.

And personally with out pg issues and inability to look great over 40 minutes, I don’t think it’s ya this season anyway.
Has there ever been a day that you actually got up on the right side of the bed?

Has there ever been a day that you actually got up on the right side of the bed?
LOL why even ask that . You know the answer.

It isnt going to effect how the title is viewed . IN fact it will be remembered more due to oddness . This sucks for the fans AND the players but the games are still going to be played and that is what matters in terms of sports. I do feel bad for the people with tickets though but no way this could be predicted . But I was very nervous the games were going to be cancelled and the thing I look forward to more then anything in the world ( beyond taking the week vacation with my daughter every summer ) wasn't going to happen this year but luckily we can still watch it and the players can still live our their dreams though in an odd fashion .

This is exactly what the msm wanted- to ruin an event loved by millions of Americans. The ncaa and these colleges fell dutifully in line. Makes me sick. What's next they're gonna put everyone on house arrest

Why the hell would the mainstream media want to affect the NCAAs? There is zero connection.

Uh let's see because they detest sports and competition in general. They're miserable bastards in general. Might as well be Pravda from the ussr that's the media we have now

The latest development only adds to craziness of this college basketball season. As I see it here are a few thoughts on how this may effect the outcome of the tournament

There will be fewer runs in games,if a team gets a working lead they are likely to keep it.If a team gets down big what keeps them from folding.

Underdogs feeding off the crowd won't happen,the better team is more likely to win.Maybe not the higher seeded team but the more sound team

Fewer fouls will be called because the refs won't be playing to the crowd(officiating may even be better)

Games will have the look and feel of an AAU game,although the older more experienced teams may have an advantage because those players may be able to maintain focus better

We could see some crazy match-ups

Lastly how will Vegas handle this,betting lines will be skewed to some degree in the early games.Vegas usually has the advantage this deep in the year but maybe not this time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT