ADVERTISEMENT

This is gonna upset a lot of UK fans here.

Soccer is undefeated too.

Meanwhile, so is football. And we might have the preseason number one basketball team.

It's almost like you can build up all the programs and the success of one isn't to the detriment of another.

But I'm sure it's all a coincidence or money from the TV deals that every major program in the country is benefitting from since they're all improving like Kentucky is.

No one is upset that the rifle team or soccer team is good.

But let’s not act like it’s as big of a deal as our men’s basketball and football team being good. These are the two sports that most fans evaluate the previous years success. Last year was not a successful year in my opinion because I thought we would be better in both sports.

This year it looks like we are going to kick ass in men’s basketball and we are kicking ass in football but if we finish a few spots lower in the directors cup because we don’t have Sydney McLaughlin will anyone consider last year a better year for a Kentucky sports fan? I don’t think so unless your Sydney’s mom

Reactions: kev69 and EliteBlue
Sigh...

Was a real good shooter...

john-wayne-gif-8.gif

Reactions: ukalum1988
Met the coach and team at the 4-H sharpshooter state tournament in Berea a couple of weeks ago. Great group. They were volunteering to do the rifle scoring for all the kids targets.

Other than this being the wrong forum, what's the problem with it?

No one is upset that the rifle team or soccer team is good.

But let’s not act like it’s as big of a deal as our men’s basketball and football team being good. These are the two sports that most fans evaluate the previous years success. Last year was not a successful year in my opinion because I thought we would be better in both sports.

This year it looks like we are going to kick ass in men’s basketball and we are kicking ass in football but if we finish a few spots lower in the directors cup because we don’t have Sydney McLaughlin will anyone consider last year a better year for a Kentucky sports fan? I don’t think so unless your Sydney’s mom
No one ever pretended like, insinuated, or suggested that rifle was as important to UK athletics as basketball or football. People were just speaking to the overall success of our athletics program and butthurt Mitch Barnhart haters took that as an opportunity to trash the rifle team. Basketball and football will always have its ups and downs but the overall health of our athletics program is great, even if you're butthurt because Mitch Barnhart wasn't politically correct and said we live in a microwave society where people want instant succes.

No one ever pretended like, insinuated, or suggested that rifle was as important to UK athletics as basketball or football. People were just speaking to the overall success of our athletics program and butthurt Mitch Barnhart haters took that as an opportunity to trash the rifle team. Basketball and football will always have its ups and downs but the overall health of our athletics program is great, even if you're butthurt because Mitch Barnhart wasn't politically correct and said we live in a microwave society where people want instant succes.
Most people wanted a good football team to compliment the basketball team that we usually put on the court. They are getting that this year so there shouldn’t be much complaining ATM

Btw...is Barnhart a football director or athletic director? Every varsity sport plays in the post season on a regular basis at UK. People also Skate over that Barnhart was apart of taking over at Oregon state, hiring Dennis Erickson who took the team from a cellar dweller to top of the conference....playing in a fiesta bowl.

Can only imagine some ppls expectations if it was their kid that was great at a sport like let's say tennis, UK offers a scholarship, and they tour and the parents are supposed to be like well that's great and all but, eff my kid, you should tear these facilities up and give that money to the football team. People clearly dont really understand building foundations for a diversified portfolio of donors over long periods of time, broad marketing across various avenues, etc....and what happens when certain sports take unexpected down turns you still have other sports.

Meanwhile Escobar Jurich, who was supposedly so great, was bleeding the school academic programs of money to help push the athletic dept in the black.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatFan1982
I don't understand why this would upset any UK fan.

It doesn't. Some peoples ego's are so fragile they have to virtue signal that they are better than others. KS is just trying to show he's a better fan than the fans who were upset at Barney for letting the football team languish for so long. I'll add the caveat that he wasn't the only AD to do so, but he is the current one. And Barney did fix it. After a fan revolt. But according to KS, we are bad fans for even questioning Barney's leadership. Sheep have more guts than KS does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT