ADVERTISEMENT

This could be the year we erase a long standing and bizarre trend (BB/FB related)

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
Historically (modern era) we have seen our very best basketball seasons coincide with our worst football seasons and vice versa. The best Cal years saw the horrible joker years. The best rich brooks years saw us stuck with billy in basketball. Football was miserable when Rick was here. I think I recall us having some decent success in football while Sutton was stumbling around.

we look to be in good shape in both sports this year. I hope they both produce and we as fans don’t take it for granted. Could be a fun ride.

I love Kentucky football, but that’s a reach.
Well, lets look at this practically:
Reports are UK will be preseason top 18 or so, the highest for UK in 45 yrs.
The schedule is conducive to make a run with no Bama, no Texas AM and no LSU or Auburn.
Its conceivable that UK will be favored in every game besides Georgia and that game is late in the season and in Kentucky (what if it snows?)and UK hasnt defeated Georgia in 10-15 yrs, the Cats are due.
UK has generational talents at the 2 key offensive positions: Levis at QB and CRod at RB. On Defense our LB corp. may be the best ever at UK.
So yes, though a reach as you stated the potential for star alineage is there.

Last edited:
Well, lets look at this practically:
Reports are UK will be preseason top 18 or so, the highest for UK in 45 yrs.
The schedule is conducive to make a run with no Bama, no Texas AM and no LSU or Auburn.
Its conceivable that UK will be favored in every game besides Georgia and that game is late in the season and in Kentucky (what if it snows?)and UK hasnt defeated Georgia in 10-15 yrs, the Cats are due.
UK has generational talents at the 2 key offensive positions: Levis at QB and CRod at RB. On Defense our LB corp. may be the best ever at UK.
So yes, though a reach as you stated the potential for star alineage is there.
I really like Levis, but generational talent? I don’t think so.

Reactions: wldctky
I really like Levis, but generational talent? I don’t think so.
Well we shall see,. If he leads UK to the title and goes #1 overall in the NFL draft would that change your opinion?
By the way dont scoff at him going #1 overall because he is in the duscussion.

It is not out of the realm of possibilities that UK could win it all in both football and basketball.
The only way that happens is we handle business like we should in every game (which we have never done) hello not showing up to MSST and leaving the defense in Lexington against TN in the 1st Q and GA has a bad bad game against us, and also slips in reg season to someone else (hello SC) not projecting that but the Dawgs seem to have bad luck against Carolina unless that's just my imagination...

We get to the SEC champ and get beat by Bama but keep it somewhat respectable (which I'm gonna bet if that happens Bama takes it easy on us if they could blow us out because I legit believe the SEC would want both in for the $$$$)

I think in semis if we get a team like say Michigan last year I think it would be like a hard fought like the last 2 Citrus Bowls. And there's a legit chance we could come out of the other side. Remember Georgia absolutely bullied the lines against UM think KY couldn't stand up? Georgia didn't really bully our line so is our line > UM? I'd say yeah.
So we get Bama back in title game and they have a historically bad showing. Much like TN and guarantano or whatever when boss man was here and we picked thwm off 4 straight possesions, or when we rqcked off 6 picks i think it was leaches first year with Miss ST and we beat Bama.

The odds of this happening are less than walking outside and getting struck by lightning, then going to buy a powerball ticket then winning that, then getting struck by lightning again that kills you before you can spend any money.

Historically (modern era) we have seen our very best basketball seasons coincide with our worst football seasons and vice versa. The best Cal years saw the horrible joker years. The best rich brooks years saw us stuck with billy in basketball. Football was miserable when Rick was here. I think I recall us having some decent success in football while Sutton was stumbling around.

we look to be in good shape in both sports this year. I hope they both produce and we as fans don’t take it for granted. Could be a fun ride.
I don’t think this post is necessarily true. In 2018 the football team had Josh Allen, Benny Snell & company and went 10-3. The basketball team went 30-7 and unfortunately lost in the elite eight but was good. As good of a team as we’ve had since the remarkable 2009-2015 run. Granted it hasn’t happened a lot but those were two good seasons that ran together. That was a fun year of football and basketball.

Uk has been historically bad at football and historically good at basketball. More at 11

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
It is not out of the realm of possibilities that UK could win it all in both football and basketball.

If you mean an NY6 Bowl, that's a possibility.

I love what our football program has accomplished and the trajectory we are on, but I don't think we are quite ready to steal the East from UGA quite yet...and that's pretty much what it'll take to even get in the CFP...let alone winning 2 games there.

If we were in a 2nd tier conference like the ACC, I'd like our chances more.

Im hoping the football schedule results in a perfect season...

And we have to play gonzaga early in basketball? why?

Not to bring politics into it but historically Kentucky basketball plays better under Democratic presidents.

If you do not think you can, you are correct. This attitude ^^^^ is a large part of the problem at UK.
Lol, please. None of us are putting on the uniform. I’m as big of a UK football fan as you’ll meet (not ever been one of those “is it basketball season yet?” fans (looking at kwilt).

being a pragmatic fan isn’t being part of “the problem”

Reactions: flacat22
Id rather football lose 5 games and we win a natty in basketball tbh.. Love football but Basketball is Due and big Oscar deserves it.

Nope....not gonna happen in football. Bama and UGA are the favorites for football.

Basketball could be a possibility depending on how the 1ADs and returnees perform, injuries are avoided, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT