ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC could be good this year!

Friedas_Boss

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Last year we got 8 teams into the NCAAt, can we get 9 in this year?

I think Ole Miss and Vanderbilt are teams to watch in edition to the 8 that made it last year.

Mike White said this is the deepest the league has ever been.

I’ve seen Vandy picked as low as 10th or 11th and we have a team that could be an NCAA tournament team. Ezra “Filet”Manjon was one of the SEC’s best point guards last year and he returns along with Tyrin Lawrence giving Vandy one of the most dangerous backcourts in the league.

I’m excited to watch some SEC hoops soon!

All y’all excited about the young Cats? If Reeves is a leader, UK could be good this year.

LFG

The SEC is stacked, and I agree, I love your backcourt. Thankfully, UK should be significantly more equipped to guard simple P&R action this go around 😂

For us, it will be less about Reeves (it’s clear what we have there), and more about the bigs. We ran with Tre Mitchell and Jordan Burks at the 5 in the GLOBL Jam and it was beautiful offensively, but it’s unclear how he/they will hold up there all season.

For UK to be an elite team, we need Bradshaw and Ugonna to get healthy and/or Ivišić to be ready to play. Ivišić is projected by some to be a 1st round draft pick, which is about as good of an October add as a team can get. But it is also a tall task to have a kid show up on campus in October and be expected to play major minutes out of the gate. We’ll have to see what happens in the coming weeks with the front court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Friedas_Boss
tumblr_nmyzynXBsp1qedb29o1_500.gif

I think Ole Miss and Vanderbilt are teams to watch in edition to the 8 that made it last year.

I’ve seen Vandy picked as low as 10th or 11th and we have a team that could be an NCAA tournament team. Ezra “Filet”Manjon was one of the SEC’s best point guards last year and he returns along with Tyrin Lawrence giving Vandy one of the most dangerous backcourts in the league.

All y’all excited about the young Cats? If Reeves is a leader, UK could be good this year.

LFG
Can’t wait to get started

• Love
The SEC is stacked, and I agree, I love your backcourt. Thankfully, UK should be significantly more equipped to guard simple P&R action this go around 😂

For us, it will be less about Reeves (it’s clear what we have there), and more about the bigs. We ran with Tre Mitchell and Jordan Burks at the 5 in the GLOBL Jam and it was beautiful offensively, but it’s unclear how he/they will hold up there all season.

For UK to be an elite team, we need Bradshaw and Ugonna to get healthy and/or Ivišić to be ready to play. Ivišić is projected by some to be a 1st round draft pick, which is about as good of an October add as a team can get. But it is also a tall task to have a kid show up on campus in October and be expected to play major minutes out of the gate. We’ll have to see what happens in the coming weeks with the front court.

Yeah, we run the heck out of the pick and roll and with Filet Manjon, it makes doing so a lot of fun. He is one of the quickest I’ve ever seen. I think we’ll run it with Ven Allen-Lubin primarily (Norte Dame transfer), have heard he’s a good fit there.

I’ll be interested to see if we get into the pick and roll early in the season and run sets off of it or how we will go about it but we need a very good non conference season.

Can’t wait to watch both VU and UK. I was going to watch BBMadness but they shoehorned an hour of women’s basketball in so I had to bail.

Who do y’all start the season with?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I just don’t see a top 20 roster on any SEC team right now other than UK.

I do, I see several. In addition to lots of talent, the league is paying for top tier coaches and facilities.

Arky
Aub
Ala
UK
UTjr
aTm

Solid:

Florida
Vandy
Ole Miss
MState

Maybe:

LSU

LFG
I'm just glad the south other than Kentucky and North Carolina is finally starting to embrace round ball.

I'm just glad the south other than Kentucky and North Carolina is finally starting to embrace round ball.

No doubt!

Vandy has always cared about hoops but schools like Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Alabama now care.

Pretty. Icy the entire SEC is trying hard to produce a winner in hoops. Not to the level of football, but there is money going into all
of the programs for sure.

Edit to say that just because we’ve cared downs mean we’ve always been good. We have missed the last 6 NCAA tournaments and I hope that ends this season.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah, we run the heck out of the pick and roll and with Filet Manjon, it makes doing so a lot of fun. He is one of the quickest I’ve ever seen. I think we’ll run it with Ven Allen-Lubin primarily (Norte Dame transfer), have heard he’s a good fit there.

I’ll be interested to see if we get into the pick and roll early in the season and run sets off of it or how we will go about it but we need a very good non conference season.

Can’t wait to watch both VU and UK. I was going to watch BBMadness but they shoehorned an hour of women’s basketball in so I had to bail.

Who do y’all start the season with?
There is a replay on here, you can fast forward to the good part lol.

Tell me about your 3 seven footers?

All good?

That is some serious height.
Bradshaw will be very good assuming he plays. By far the best NBA prospect and type player who usually excels here. Very good defender and excellent range on his shot. Very mobile and can run the floor very well. Who knows around here with injuries anymore. Onyenso has a lot of defensive potential but is very raw, still a big dude. Big Z is supposedly a very good offensive player, from what I’ve seen he moves very well. He is European so his fundamentals are very solid. He’s skinny though. He’s legit 7’3” at least I believe. He towers over Cal and looks to be a good 8 inches taller than Oscar was. He is a projected late 1st round pick coming in so who knows. Scouts really like him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT